Sign in to follow this  
MyGodWeArePoorToWatch

Why is Alex Neil not getting criticism from the press ?

Remi Garde needs to be got rid of say all the press and supporters.

Steve McClaren, the same.

Big Sam, ok he gets a pass from everyone, probably because he will save Sunderland.

But it seems, because we are little old Norwich, we have to except our place, and of course, not even consider Replacing Alex.

I dont get it.

He has done ok, but the second half of the season has been a joke.

He has lost the plot, has no idea what to do, nor the Experience to do what is called for. Such as playing players in the correct position, stop changing the team EVER BLOODY GAME.

Seems to me, we are not aloud to be Ambitious ( As Fans ) and to expect Better from our Board, our Manager and our players.

Winds me up.

To answer the op -I really don''t know how AN has escaped press criticism. He has proven himself to be stubborn, clueless and any other club experiencing his form would have sacked him.

which press?? national or local?

if its national its probably because the other clubs who are down there with us are perceived to be big clubs who are underachieving and therefore the manager is being held to account.

In our case we''re probably where they think we should be so it''s not such a story.

Maybe because we are performing to the expectations for the season? Surly the majority of support and press expected a struggle

The majority wouldn''t have expected top half, but more than 24 points from 29 games and certainly not 11 and 13 points behind Bournemouth and Watford respectively at this stage of the season!

Because he''s not to blame. After the shocking summer window we were expected to be relegated so it''s hard to say he is underperforming.

ron obvious wrote the following post at 08/03/2016 10:12 PM:

Who were you expecting here in the summer then Vanwink?

It''s what would I have expected from a well run club Ron, that''s the question you should be asking. The trouble is Ron if you keep asking the wrong questions you never get the right answers.

The answer is a good quality scouting and recruitment team and a strategy in place to give us the best possible chance of securing the best signings for us.

As in the alternative there being no recruitment team of any value and no decent strategy.

Archant don''t do criticism of Norwich City end of. The reason i would have thought is obvious and you don''t have to be ITK to know.

That''s a fair response, Vanwink.

Do you have any knowledge as to how our scouting & recruitment team compares to other clubs? I''ve no idea personally. But I agree it would be vital for a club with our limited financial resources (for the PL) to acheive the best possible signings.

Having said that, I suspect the best possible signings we can make are going to be the also-rans/up -&-coming/foreign gamble type players. All on the high risk side.

It looks like we aimed a bit higher this year, & were unsuccessful - possibly a tad unlucky too.

It''s yet another factor to add to the unending insoluble problem that is football ...

ron obvious wrote the following post at 08/03/2016 11:14 PM:

"That''s a fair response, Vanwink.

Do you have any knowledge as to how our scouting & recruitment team compares to other clubs? I''ve no idea personally. But I agree it would be vital for a club with our limited financial resources (for the PL) to acheive the best possible signings."

What I do know Ron is that AN referred to our summer window in a recent interview and stated that we did not have a recruitment team place. So I imagine in comparison to other clubs that''s pretty poor.

I expected us to sign in the summer some English young, hungry and able CB''s from the lower leagues, not an untried Italian in the English game. I''ll give you three names that fitted the bill Dan Burn, Lewis Dunk and Tom Lees. We really needed to sign Curtis Davies from Birmingham when Hughton joined us.

We have stopped signing the young, hungry types that typified Lambert''s transfer policy. Now looking to sign kids that may be good in 3 or 4 years.

As others have mentioned, much of the press expect clubs like ours to be in and around the bottom three. That''s not to say they''re not describing our current form as poor - they are. However, many pre-season previews in the press mentioned the need for a sizeable overhaul in our squad to avoid the repeat of relegation from two season''s ago, particularly up front, and this hasn''t happened. So what has happened on the pitch so far this season seems logical.

[quote user="Vanwink"]ron obvious wrote the following post at 08/03/2016 10:12 PM:

Who were you expecting here in the summer then Vanwink?

It''s what would I have expected from a well run club Ron, that''s the question you should be asking. The trouble is Ron if you keep asking the wrong questions you never get the right answers.

The answer is a good quality scouting and recruitment team and a strategy in place to give us the best possible chance of securing the best signings for us.

As in the alternative there being no recruitment team of any value and no decent strategy.[/quote] What do you think it costs a club to develop and maintain "a good quality scouting and recruitment team", and what time scale is needed to do it? When clubs talk about lacking the necessary EPL infrastructure, that''s exactly the sort of thing they are talking about. It is also exactly the sort of thing most likely to be affected by financial instability and big variations in income from season to season (and consequently exactly the sort of thing for which having the insurance of a wealthy owner who can bankroll the club in leaner times is critical). It is also exactly the sort of thing that fans do not consider when demanding that any available money is used to strengthen the squad, added to which they tend to ignore the fact that you are only going to be able to strengthen your squad successfully if you have the infrastructure in place to identify and attract better players in the first place. It is also exactly the kind of thing that Chris Hughton had started to address, and in part why he was appointed in the first place, and no doubt in part why Brighton appointed him. Those who could not see anything beyond the "dire football" simply chose to ignore all the other factors essential for longer term success.

Agreed: if we had the German national managemant team we would be above Leicester now with the same squad. It really seems as if our midfield is now very poor so although other departments look bad, they might not if we had players in the middle who can help defend and get up with the attack. This process started with the sale of Bradley Johnson but there are other inexplicable decisions taken each week. Why is Brady playing at full-back when he cannot defend very well but is excellent in any attacking role? Are Oleson and Wisdom still injured, as otherwise they clearly should be in or do we always have to move the team around in order to find a place for RM?

He is a nothing manager why would the press be interested in him , give it another year and he will be back in the lower Scottish leagues which are similar to park football .