Sign in to follow this  
Bobert

Well I don't go any longer

even tho I have a season ticket. Don''t even watch MOTD. Its more fun to light the fire and go to sleep on the couch,

I suppose I could write to Delia. She must be feeling pretty low. She does not have my options.

I don''t suppose anybody really gives a toss.

[quote user="Bobert"]Well I don''t go any longereven tho I have a season ticket. Don''t even watch MOTD. Its more fun to light the fire and go to sleep on the couch,

I suppose I could write to Delia. She must be feeling pretty low. She does not have my options.[/quote]Real supporters don''t turn their back on the club when they go through a difficult patch.....They turn up and SUPPORT.

Well believe it or not I am a "real" supporter. Been going to Carrow for 50 years. No one gave me a medal. I expect in 50 years time you may have given up too. Except for the Milk Cup and a trip to Italy Norwich has always been the same, Maybe it is the "air"!

[quote user="Bobert"]I expect in 50 years time you may have given up too.[/quote]Having already done over sixty years already it would be nice but highly unlikely. [:D]I''m not about to quit yet though, I''ve lived through much worse than this.

[quote user="Bobert"]Well believe it or not I am a "real" supporter. Been going to Carrow for 50 years. No one gave me a medal. I expect in 50 years time you may have given up too. Except for the Milk Cup and a trip to Italy Norwich has always been the same, Maybe it is the "air"![/quote]I understand Bob, even if the rest don''t.I''ve been where you are many times over the last sixty odd seasons and would like a fiver for every time I''ve thought, "sod this, I''m banging my head against a brick wall here". There have been many downs over the years but an up eventually comes along if you don''t weaken.Don''t let the bastards grind you down Bob, look on the bright side, you could have been born an 1p5wich supporter.Only the Grim Reaper[6]  can put a stop to Ricardo''s attendance.[:D]

[quote user="Bobert"]even tho I have a season ticket. Don''t even watch MOTD. Its more fun to light the fire and go to sleep on the couch,

I suppose I could write to Delia. She must be feeling pretty low. She does not have my options.[/quote]Nailing a '' For Sale '' sign on the front door ?

Delia''s busy getting on in life. She''s not moping around waiting for the grim reaper. I know because Delia''s mother said, Delia''s busy, too busy to come to the phone..

I feel like giving up also, but I cant. Stopped wearing my shirt on match days, even removed my ''I Love the Canaries'' sticker from my car. But I remain depressed every time I check the score. All I ask is one measly win, and that shirt will be back on my back. But just cant see it happening.

I can''t ever imagine not going to footy, its such a huge part of my life, and especially my social life.

No me neither. I''d be up there whatever the situation. Been doing for so long now it''s just part of who I am.

I am thinking of changing my lucky matchday socks though so things are getting desperate!

I have less inclination to go during premier league seasons. The PL is discredited and spoiled by the greed and money factor and demonstrates the paucity of chatacter of the so called elite players who only give their all when it suits them. The Championship is a far more enjoyable place for a club like ours. I would rather we treat the PL as a money making exercise and not try and spend to the max just to scrape 17th place. Take the money, have a good go at it with what we''ve got and keep the challenge strong in the championship. Aim for promotion, of course, but not get hung up on the premier league as a good place to be. It isn''t - unless you are there under your own terms.

Hairy Canary - Good grief LDC! I loved the season in League 1 but I don''t fancy going back there any time soon.

Not League 1, but top end of championship with the occasional foray into the top flight. I used to hanker after the mythical "established" status in the top flight but it appears to me that you can only be that if you sell your club to a rich investor - and even that is no guarantee of long term success and at it''s worst could ruin the club for good.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Hairy Canary - Good grief LDC! I loved the season in League 1 but I don''t fancy going back there any time soon.

Not League 1, but top end of championship with the occasional foray into the top flight. I used to hanker after the mythical "established" status in the top flight but it appears to me that you can only be that if you sell your club to a rich investor - and even that is no guarantee of long term success and at it''s worst could ruin the club for good.[/quote]
Problem is, you can''t decide to be a top 6 championship team year in year out. You have to aim to stay in the Premier League at all costs or, in a few years, you can quite easily become those lot down the road.