Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk Mustard

ST Upgrade Fees

Dodgy advice Swindon. Let''s hope you and others don''t have to miss some of the matches if you do get challenged.

Hello

I''ve just had an e mail from the club that includes a survey to see if I feel valued as a supporter !! 😀 See below

As well as striving to maintain and enhance your matchday experience, Norwich City want to ensure that supporters feel just as valued when they are not at Carrow Road. As part of our digital plans, and to help us achieve this goal, we would like to hear your thoughts on the current digital and online offering from Norwich City.

As a thank you, by completing the survey you will be entered into a prize draw to win a signed Norwich City 2015/16 home shirt.

On The Ball, City!

OP definitely has a whiff of entitlement about him.  Sorry for your brother''s illness but he isn''t under 21, wants to attend a match and therefore has to pay the going rate.  It''s business.  The fact we have won 1 game in 10 is hardly relevant unless you want to introduce a performance-related ticket price, at which point you would all be foaming at the mouth when you were priced out of Play-Off Final tickets.   You can''t have it both ways.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Norfolk Mustard "][quote user="can u sit down please"]Haha. 👍🏽

I think the club in some cases should be applauded for the money that has been generated through various means.

But sometimes you just want a little bit back. Especially with the money flying about now. Would it really kill them to change this approach?

I''d be interested to know how many people actually go down this avenue rather than just pass it on.

I did ask earlier but no reply.

If I have an adult st, I want to let an u21 go, will I be refunded?[/quote]

That''s a good point; in the past I''ve let my two u21 boys attend using the 1 x adult & the 1 x u21 tickets - maybe I should ask for backdated refunds! I can already imagine the response though. Goodwill is not a two-way street at Carrow Rd it seems.

I run my own business and I wouldn''t dream of incurring admin time just to charge a regular client a smidgen extra. I want them to tell others how good I am to do business with; not bitch & moan how tight I am
.[/quote]Difference is though, you aren''t likely to go elsewhere, are you?

[/quote]

Exactly Morty - and if I jacked in my ST''s someone else would soon snap them up. Market forces dictate I guess...

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Clients!!

Are they customers or supporters[:^)]

[/quote]

Lots of my business clients become friends. Mind you, NCFC only engage with me as a customer when they want to sell me more...[/quote]

Loads of my customers became friends. I didn''t really have any clients. Well except those clients who nicked the bog rolls and the ones that must have had cracks halfway up their backs. And loads of supporters are friends.

I definitely see myself as a supporter though[;)]

[quote user="The gut"]Dodgy advice Swindon. Let''s hope you and others don''t have to miss some of the matches if you do get challenged.[/quote]Its fine, I have already rung McNally to inform him of this subtefuge[Y]

[quote user="Jeremy Borbyn"]OP definitely has a whiff of entitlement about him.  Sorry for your brother''s illness but he isn''t under 21, wants to attend a match and therefore has to pay the going rate.  It''s business.  The fact we have won 1 game in 10 is hardly relevant unless you want to introduce a performance-related ticket price, at which point you would all be foaming at the mouth when you were priced out of Play-Off Final tickets.   You can''t have it both ways.
[/quote]

No sense of entitlement from me - I fully accept everything in life is a choice. You just don''t share my point of view, which is fair enough.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Loads of my customers became friends.

[/quote]

Despite the fact you sold crap lager. [:''(]

I find some of the customer related threads quite interesting and revealing.

I can understand why the club introduced premium rate phone numbers, the customers must have been taking up a lot of valuable time

I really don''t see the problem. An adult should pay adult prices.

The one thing I do agree with is it should work the other way - if you wanted to downgrade to u21 from adult you should get the difference refunded. Does anyone know I''d this is the case or not?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Loads of my customers became friends.

[/quote]

Despite the fact you sold crap lager. [:''(]

[/quote]

I didn''t just sell Taddy! But loads drunk it because of the discounted price....

I don''t think it is hogesar. When I did it I didnt even dream of asking. I assume, and I also believe that the idea of a season ticket is discounted for the loyalty of a fan to commit to attending all of the games. Not so he can p155 about with it every other week.

I''d love to know who the true supporters are..

And the inner circle...

And the usual suspects....

And the silent majority...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''d love to know who the true supporters are..

And the inner circle...

And the usual suspects....

And the silent majority...

[/quote]What about members of the North Korean Government or did they disappear with the Fag Packet Accountants ? [;)]

Supply and demand, are heavily in the Club''s favour, but you could say to them, that the seat will remain empty, and you are not going to offer it as a buyback to the Club, so they won''t gain any more money.

Some may say that is petty, some may say it''s about who blinks first (which we know what will happen!), and as someone has already said, you could just flash it at the game, and look to get away with it. I know what I would do, and I know, has happened before.........

An impressive new outlook on negotiations Crabby, I hadn''t considered that. Have I got this right? He wants to take his brother (over from Spain) instead of an u21. Instead of paying the extra he should leave the seat empty telling the club they can''t have it for buyback. Ok so now 2 can''t go but guess you''re right he''s saved on the upgrade.

I tell you it''s even better than I first thought Crabby. If just one of the adults go they could sit in the u21 seat. That would show macccaanallly and his crew. The discounts would soon be thrown at us.

Looks like we are talking the same language gut.

Another option, is that, as he hasn''t seen his brother for a while, and the game is on TV, they could share some special family bonding time, over a few beers, at a pub, and leave ALL the seats empty

Seems a straight forward case of glass half empty instead of half full !!

The op seems aggrieved that his casual supporting brother will have to pay the same price as every other casual supporter on the day.....instead of being grateful that the club offer his adult son (obviously aged between 18-21) a huge discount on the cost of a season ticket in the first place.

Good thinking crabby, and the bonding might be necessary to keep the family together. From what I can gather there is usually one kid that misses out, the other one gets ousted when the uncle decides to come back for the big games. Everyone is happy to pay, but someone doesn''t want to pay happily.

hogesar wrote the following post at 07/03/2016 9:19 PM:

I really don''t see the problem. An adult should pay adult prices.

The one thing I do agree with is it should work the other way - if you wanted to downgrade to u21 from adult you should get the difference refunded. Does anyone know I''d this is the case or not?

I have used adult tickets for youngsters in the past and never even thought to ask. In the spirit of fair play it should cut both ways, I agree, but are we not getting a bit petty here and wouldn''t the administration of all this ticker swapping be a nightmare to manage and enforce. I suspect the argument would be that if you have an adult ticket you won''t be using for an adult you should get the rebate from the club and they will then sell it on to another adult at full price. If you wish to keep it for a junior then you take the hit.

I presume we all have terms and conditions on our information packs which we by implication we agree to when we renew, it''s probably in there somewhere.

The season ticket holder is basically giving up his rights on the season ticket for that match by wanting to sell the ticket back to the club for that one match - and then to buy it back again for someone else.  As soon as he has relinqiushed the ticket for that match, it is no longer a season ticket place so it cannot be discounted as such.  However much it might seem a bit harsh in this case - and I agree it does look on the surface a bit harsh, the stark reality is that as a season ticket holder, you are supposed to use that yourself, not pass it around to others.   The fact that people do pass their tickets around, sell them to others, is something that just happens and I have benefited from that, but as soon as you go to the club with your ticket, you are going through club rules and season ticket rules have to be absolutely fair to everyone across the board.   You give up your rights as a season ticket holder the moment you try and transfer the ticket to someone who is not.  It has to be so otherwise the season ticket principle is lost.

A much simpler solution would be for the club to upgrade the U21 ticket to a full adult ticket minus the buy back payment, that way the club has not lost anything and the supporter feels they have received a little something back from the club.......

[quote user="Baywing"]Seems a straight forward case of glass half empty instead of half full !!

The op seems aggrieved that his casual supporting brother will have to pay the same price as every other casual supporter on the day.....instead of being grateful that the club offer his adult son (obviously aged between 18-21) a huge discount on the cost of a season ticket in the first place.[/quote]

No, not obviously 18-21; we sit in the Upper Barclay - you can''t get u16/junior rates in there, so I''ve always paid the u21 rate for boys originally aged under 8. Now we have another issue to discuss; (by choice) I''ve been paying over the odds for the last 10 years; my son who was 8 is now 18 & his brother is now 10 - they alternate attendance with me, but the seat has always been charged at the u21 rate.

Much as I admire your honesty in wanting to do '' the right thing '', MN, is it really worth all the hassle of getting it past a jobsworth in the ticket office and then getting caned into the bargain?Most people blag it and it usually works. If you''re unlucky enough to get hauled out for a grilling just plead innocence. It''s not a criminal offence so they''re not going to shoot you. Unless you''re a serial offender you won''t get banned either.

I suppose there''s two ways to look at this;

1) It''s my seat. I''ve paid for it for the season and it shouldn''t matter who sits there it is mine.

2) The price offered by the club is still cheaper than if I was a casual ticket purchaser buying that particular seat for the Man City game.

If you''re a fan of option 1, well, then we should all pay the same price regardless of age. Each seat has the same price - bish bash bosh no problems. But then we''d lose out on the next generation of City fans who get into the games cheaper. Plus, I''m sure you''re happy paying your U21 price instead of 2 adult tickets across the whole season.

For option 2, you''re still getting a good deal for your brother. As others have said, technically you are relinquishing your season ticket to purchase an adult ticket for the game. That''s the way it will work in the sales department whichever spin you put on it.

Sadly it''s just how it has to work. You could be purchasing a U21 ticket and letting adults sit there every game - things like this are in place to stop it happening. Others have had to pay more for an adult or to put a casual adult ticket and for one game only you''ll have to do the same.