Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk Mustard

ST Upgrade Fees

For those that think I''m doing wrong. If you download Kodi or buy an xbox are you not embezzling the the club in the same way ?  

I''m not exactly sure what you are doing but, if you are cheating the club Swindon, then you are cheating the club.

Not only are you a customer, you are a thieving customer.

No different to a shoplifter who pays for some of his shopping but pockets the rest.

You know what overrides everything for me? Following his serious health scare, my huge gratitude I have a younger brother still alive to buy a match ticket for! There, that puts it all in perspective doesn''t it? Let''s all enjoy the game...

#OTBC

[quote user="The gut"]I''m not exactly sure what you are doing but, if you are cheating the club Swindon, then you are cheating the club.

No different to a shoplifter who pays for some of his shopping but pockets the rest.[/quote]It would help if you read the whole thread before condemning

What this implies for me is that 21 year olds can afford the sudden astronomical increase in ticket prices.

This is an age where many young people are still in education or have student loan fees. The jobs they are going into are not well paid and they will have other life building priorities such as saving for a house deposit or starting a family.

So, a whole demographic are excluded from football matches.

Pensioners have done very well throughout the recession and actually get a 2.5% increase on the state pension this year. They get a discount.

Families and young people, fair enough. But no wonder the atmosphere is lacking at games when 21 - 30 plus year olds are priced out.

Football needs a crash. It needs a widespread ITV2 type disaster to it''s finances and all the greedy b@$tards involved can take a hit.

Carrow Road needs greater capacity, Norwich City needs some public cash as per West Ham and Man City to achieve it but fat chance of that.

I love NCFC as an entity and for getting to where it has without money laundering Russians or other dodgy overseas investors but the playing field is so uneven I am happy to see them solvent and spend the huge cost of attending in other ways.

I feel sorry for those compelled to go both in being sold a pup in being in the EPL and for being royally rinsed, especially with add ons like booking fees or academy contributions - scandalous!

[quote user="The gut"]I''m not exactly sure what you are doing but, if you are cheating the club Swindon, then you are cheating the club.

No different to a shoplifter who pays for some of his shopping but pockets the rest.[/quote]All very laudable but a bit high and mighty don''t you think gut ?Can there really be anyone who works for an organisation who hasn''t '' borrowed '' a few pens, some paper and the odd elastic band ? Never photocopied anything not work related ? Pulled a sickie ?It''s all cheating....

You make some good points Rudolph. But your generalising in the age groups isn''t one of them. If you really want to make discounts fairer then the only way would be for them to be means tested. And you won''t find many agree to that even in the name of fairness..

[quote user="SwindonCanary"][quote user="The gut"]I''m not exactly sure what you are doing but, if you are cheating the club Swindon, then you are cheating the club.

No different to a shoplifter who pays for some of his shopping but pockets the rest.[/quote]It would help if you read the whole thread before condemning [/quote]

Hey Swindon I''ve read the whole thread, and your previous post in it. I couldn''t quite work out what you meant. Hence,

"I''m not exactly sure what you are doing but, if"

Now if you ain''t cheating the club, then it wouldn''t apply.

I thought you seemed to imply that an adult using an u21 ticket was ok.

High and mighty and smith must score, I don''t think.

I used to upgrade mine regularly when others would suggest just scamming. I wouldn''t allow it.

There were rumours that a lot of fans were using u21 tickets a couple of seasons ago, if I remember correctly. I see it as theft. I''m not alone, I think the club also see it as such.

[quote user="The gut"]High and mighty and smith must score, I don''t think.

I used to upgrade mine regularly when others would suggest just scamming. I wouldn''t allow it.

There were rumours that a lot of fans were using u21 tickets a couple of seasons ago, if I remember correctly. I see it as theft. I''m not alone, I think the club also see it as such.[/quote]I wasn''t referring to fiddling a few quid from NCFC but from people''s acceptance that it''s not stealing if it''s small amounts of work related items in our everyday jobs.I doubt if you, I or anyone else on this board haven''t at some time misappropriated something but would be shocked if people thought we''d stolen it.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]What this implies for me is that 21 year olds can afford the sudden astronomical increase in ticket prices.

This is an age where many young people are still in education or have student loan fees. The jobs they are going into are not well paid and they will have other life building priorities such as saving for a house deposit or starting a family.

So, a whole demographic are excluded from football matches.

Pensioners have done very well throughout the recession and actually get a 2.5% increase on the state pension this year. They get a discount.

Families and young people, fair enough. But no wonder the atmosphere is lacking at games when 21 - 30 plus year olds are priced out.

Football needs a crash. It needs a widespread ITV2 type disaster to it''s finances and all the greedy b@$tards involved can take a hit.

Carrow Road needs greater capacity, Norwich City needs some public cash as per West Ham and Man City to achieve it but fat chance of that.

I love NCFC as an entity and for getting to where it has without money laundering Russians or other dodgy overseas investors but the playing field is so uneven I am happy to see them solvent and spend the huge cost of attending in other ways.

I feel sorry for those compelled to go both in being sold a pup in being in the EPL and for being royally rinsed, especially with add ons like booking fees or academy contributions - scandalous![/quote]This is myself and my sonI paid for him from when he was 7 till this season when he turns 21. I couldnt afford 2 adult season tickets and he is at UNI so has stopped going

I''m not exactly sure what you are trying to say though ASMS, I think I do, but we are talking about fiddling a few quid from NCFC.

If you were to grade theft would stealing from your own (our club) be worse?

Maybe if everyone paid what they were meant to, we could have afforded a better striker.

[quote user="The gut"]I''m not exactly sure what you are trying to say though ASMS, I think I do, but we are talking about fiddling a few quid from NCFC.

If you were to grade theft would stealing from your own (our club) be worse?[/quote]It doesn''t matter who we''re fiddling it''s all fiddling.Got to be worse doing it from an employer or shop for if they wanted to make an example of the offender it''s the sack and/or a possible criminal record. NCFC are a take-it-or-leave-it leisure provider and the worse that could happen is a ban and certainly no criminal record.Depends if you think NCFC are more important than anything else I suppose.

look at all you well rounded model citizens lol!

if I could get away with having an u21 season ticket i''d be doing it every week, I definitely wouldn''t be losing sleep over it either!

Stan I am so well rounded you would not believe it. A role model though mmmm, not many would allow me that. I am a good example, of what not to do. I''m a count, I''m a count I''m a see you hen tea count but I''d never rob the club. It would be like stealing from me mother.

I nicked one of my mums fags once! But then the kids nicked more than one of mine!

Thats the younger generation for ya...

Don''t smoke now though :)

Did you own up though nutty, and take your punishment like a man, even though you were a boy?

I was six when mother gave me my first ciggy, giving me a habit that was difficult to support. Still wouldn''t rob my club.

You might if you were a customer. I took two of the grandkids to the Golden Arches and managed to get 21 macnuggets in a box of 20. Needless to say I didn''t take the extra one back. And I must admit it gave me the sort of buzz the train robbers probably got! But I''m definitely not a supporter of MaccyDs...

I think we''re all missing the point here, surely somewhere this is all Russell Martin''s fault!

And Nutty, that''s not stealing, that just makes up for the time they sold me a burger and didn''t put a bun on it & by the time I got home and realised I couldn''t be bothered to go back.

[quote user="nutty nigel"] But I''m definitely not a supporter of MaccyDs...[/quote]You''ve got more front than Marks & Spencer Rampant Horse St.posting that as you are in there every week and don''t blame the little uns ! Does this mean chips on the market is numero uno ?  [:D]