Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk Mustard

ST Upgrade Fees

With respect,why mention that your brother lives in Spain/

is a cancer survivor/is a loyal city fan,man and boy ?.

Don''t see what any of those things has to do with it.

He''s not a ST holder,so should pay the same casual price as anyone else.

That''s fair enough gut.. everybody has their own opinion!

IMO with constant fixture changes due to TV etc the club should realise it''s not viable for every season ticket holder to go to every single game.

Due to the early kick off I can''t make the game so it''s be passed on to a friend. Luckily for him it''s already an Adult!

The club obviously want to improve it as McNally said they are looking at it.

Automatic academy donation too. Cash cows.

Out of curiosity. If you had an adult season ticket but an u21 used your seat, would you get a refund?

And the price of casual tickets is maintained by the large number of season ticket holders.

As I said a bit of decency from the club wouldn''t go a miss.

No need to get upset Morty :)

[quote user="STAN"]And the price of casual tickets is maintained by the large number of season ticket holders.

As I said a bit of decency from the club wouldn''t go a miss.

No need to get upset Morty :)[/quote]Not upset in the slightest me old china.So lets say that each season ticket holder pays about 28 or 29 quid per game, and the price of most casual tickets is what, 40 or 45 quid?Theres your loyalty bonus right there. Which do you want? Little old friendly Norwich giving away tickets ( like in the Neil Doncaster days) or a well run club that maximises its revenue to earn us much as possible for the playing budget?

Isn''t the point simply that U21 STs are massively discounted, which is a good thing all round.  But when an adult is going in that seat, I struggle to see why it should be different from anyone else paying for a single game ticket, price-wise.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I think Twentys Plenty. [:D][/quote]

Not always...[/quote]For every game apparently whether it be Chelski or Accrington Stanley.

Won''t be a problem next season when we have Burtons Biscuits Albion down here. McNally will be doing a BOGOF

Their''s a fine line between maximising profits and just taking micheal.

I personally feel if you''ve purchased a u21 season ticket you should be able to upgrade it to an adult season ticket at season ticket prices, not casual prices.

With the added admin fee for "inconvenience".

[quote user="morty"]Which do you want? Little old friendly Norwich giving away tickets ( like in the Neil Doncaster days) or a well run club that maximises its revenue to earn us much as possible for the playing budget?

[/quote]That won''t go down well in certain parts Morty.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Is an automatic academy opt in still an issue morty 😉[/quote][:)]It would have cost me more than the £38 I was trying to save, ringing the ticket office from Africa.It won''t catch me out next year.

Haha. 👍🏽

I think the club in some cases should be applauded for the money that has been generated through various means.

But sometimes you just want a little bit back. Especially with the money flying about now. Would it really kill them to change this approach?

I''d be interested to know how many people actually go down this avenue rather than just pass it on.

I did ask earlier but no reply.

If I have an adult st, I want to let an u21 go, will I be refunded?

Personally I don''t see why 18-21 age range get discount in the first place, most of them have more disposable cash than the rest of us. Charge them more I say 😀

I think you''re right Fenway Frank.

It''s not like we need to encourage youngsters any more, we''ve got enough season ticket holders. They should be hooked by now.

We will still keep getting new fans the amount of times we keep getting into the premier league

I really don''t see the issue here. ST holders get discounted seats because they a committing to come to every game. It''s a guaranteed income for the club which is recognised by the lower per match price.

You can hardly expect to pass that discount on to a casual who can''t make that same commitment.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Haha. 👍🏽

I think the club in some cases should be applauded for the money that has been generated through various means.

But sometimes you just want a little bit back. Especially with the money flying about now. Would it really kill them to change this approach?

I''d be interested to know how many people actually go down this avenue rather than just pass it on.

If I have an adult st, I want to let an u21 go, will I be refunded?[/quote]

That''s a good point; in the past I''ve let my two u21 boys attend using the 1 x adult & the 1 x u21 tickets - maybe I should ask for backdated refunds! I can already imagine the response though. Goodwill is not a two-way street at Carrow Rd it seems.

I run my own business and I wouldn''t dream of incurring admin time just to charge a regular client a smidgen extra. I want them to tell others how good I am to do business with; not bitch & moan how tight I am.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard "][quote user="can u sit down please"]Haha. 👍🏽

If I have an adult st, I want to let an u21 go, will I be refunded?[/quote]

That''s a good point; in the past I''ve let my two u21 boys attend using the 1 x adult & the 1 x u21 tickets - maybe I should ask for backdated refunds! I can already imagine the response though. Goodwill is not a two-way street at Carrow Rd it seems.

I run my own business and I wouldn''t dream of incurring admin time just to charge a regular client a smidgen extra. I want them to tell others how good I am to do business with; not bitch & moan how tight I am
.[/quote]Difference is though, you aren''t likely to go elsewhere, are you?

CUSDP - Depends on what the casual U21 price is in comparison to the discounted Adult ST price, probably not a lot in it.

I think the stance taken by the club in respect of upgrades and buy back probably loses them money in that I would suggest it encourages people to either let somebody else use their ticket or they flog the use of it rather being mugged off...........

Oh and to the poster that said the seat is "rented" whilst this is true I have paid close to £7K for the privilege so I think that it would be reasonable for me to think that the club cut me a slightly better deal than the casual supporter particularly given they have not changed the rather tatty, faded and jaded piece of plastic I have sat on for the last 17 seasons........

[quote user="Mind the gap"]With respect,why mention that your brother lives in Spain/

is a cancer survivor/is a loyal city fan,man and boy ?.

Don''t see what any of those things has to do with it.

He''s not a ST holder,so should pay the same casual price as anyone else.[/quote]

You sound all heart my friend! It''s called real life that some folk come through serious illness & still want to attend their home team. He''s quite prepared to pay full whack, I''m prepared to pay for him; however the original point stands that the club are not recognising a long-term client & the fact the seat (albeit with a small discount) is already paid for. If you know anything about customer relationship management (in particular the whole-of-life value of a client) you may have a different view. Mind you, given your apparent lack of empathy, I doubt you''d care very much anyway!...

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]I really don''t see the issue here. ST holders get discounted seats because they a committing to come to every game. It''s a guaranteed income for the club which is recognised by the lower per match price.

You can hardly expect to pass that discount on to a casual who can''t make that same commitment.[/quote]

Both seats are already sold; to me - a ST holder of 10 years. That''s a huge commitment already deposited. It''s only a different family member sitting on it for one game. A client of 10 years duration is not a casual relationship - to most business-minded people that would have a significant value.

He shouldn''t have told the ticket office. With this new ticket entry I''ve changed places for my daughter (u21) for one of my mates, never been stopped or questioned.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Clients!!

Are they customers or supporters[:^)]

[/quote]

Lots of my business clients become friends. Mind you, NCFC only engage with me as a customer when they want to sell me more...

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]CUSDP - Depends on what the casual U21 price is in comparison to the discounted Adult ST price, probably not a lot in it.

I think the stance taken by the club in respect of upgrades and buy back probably loses them money in that I would suggest it encourages people to either let somebody else use their ticket or they flog the use of it rather being mugged off...........

Oh and to the poster that said the seat is "rented" whilst this is true I have paid close to £7K for the privilege so I think that it would be reasonable for me to think that the club cut me a slightly better deal than the casual supporter particularly given they have not changed the rather tatty, faded and jaded piece of plastic I have sat on for the last 17 seasons........[/quote]

Wow 7k are you in with Delia?

I think our club cut our season ticket holders a pretty good deal.

I must admit I get more and more shocked by the amount of customers we have inside Carrow rd.

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]He shouldn''t have told the ticket office. With this new ticket entry I''ve changed places for my daughter (u21) for one of my mates, never been stopped or questioned. [/quote]

Next time I''ll do just that Swindon - it''s not worth the hassle of being honest and open really is it? To a club turning over £millions does it really matter? Years ago people used to hop over the fence to get in without paying!