Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk Mustard

ST Upgrade Fees

I have 2 ST''s - 1 x Adult & 1 x u21 in the Upper Barclay. We''ve had them for 10 years. Next weekend my brother is over from Spain & would like to attend the Man City match with me. Just called to upgrade the u21 ticket to an adult.

Ticket office: "Yes Sir - the casual value of an adult ticket is £50.00 less your discounted ST value of £14.00 means you''ll pay an additional £36.00".

Me: "I''m not a casual purchaser though am I? I''m a loyal ST holder who attends every home game - that''s a crazy amount to upgrade a seat we already own!"

Ticket office: "It wouldn''t be fair to a casual ticket buyer for us to discount the price".

Me: "What about being fair to me as a ST holder?"

I also politely asked for the feedback to be given that this is not good PR or goodwill to a loyal customer in any business.

Me: "OK, let''s get it sorted out - it''s £36.00 then?"

Ticket office: "Unless you want to do it over the phone..." Me: "Then what?"

Ticket office: "There''s another £1.50 transaction fee to pay - alternatively you can come & pick the ticket up on match day!"

So, £37.50 extra paid to upgrade a seat we sit in every week to support a team that has won only one game in the last ten.

I don''t feel valued, but they don''t care.

The team better win on Saturday...

Every little helps achieve the financial target set for the ticket office which in turn pays the CEO his bonus for maximising income streams.Outrageous PR.

I don''t understand why you would expect your brother to get his ticket for less than any other casual fan.

It''s not like the club is struggling to attract season ticket holders.

Be careful of the customer attitude taking over, it''s not good for season ticket holders.

Indeed. However all I want to do is use the two seats I''ve already paid for with a different family member''s bum on it.

Maybe I''ll suggest my brother (cancer survivor & Canaries fan man & boy) has reconstructive surgery to make him look like an u21 next time he''s home. Then he could gain access on the ticket we already possess. Be a damn sight easier...

Perhaps its the fact that the guy attends every game and has paid for the seat irrespective whose backside is occupying it. Another example of McNally rules

also known as we don''t give a shit for supporters

PS Would not act in that position if we were a club in the Midlands or London area. No league club within 45 miles to 100 miles

We''re merely viewed as cash cows by Mcnally.

Some fans attitude on such matters makes me think Carrow Road is packed full of millionaires every week.

Mmm the seat isn''t owned is it. It is rented for NCFC league games. It has been given a reduction for an under 21 to use. That discount is no longer applicable. A casual fan now wants to use it. Why would anyone expect that person to get it cheaper than anyone else. In fact if it was a sell out you could argue he had the benefit of queue jumping.

He didn''t expect him to get in for the same price.

He expected to pay the cost of an adult season minus what he had already paid for an u21 season ticket.,

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]The seat that is " yours " is for an U21 though, why would you expect an adult to get in for the same price ?[/quote]i do not think for a minute frank that the OP expected an upgrade for free but you don''t see £36 plus £1.50 as a bit OTT ? A tenner or even fifteen quid maybe.

And that''s why you should just have to pay up "the reduction".

Plus maybe the admin fee..

But the brother is not a season ticket holder. Why would he expect to get his ticket for the same price as a loyal season ticket holder?

I don''t think this is a recent policy. I''m sure something similar happened to me a long time ago and to be honest I felt cheesed off like you do. Just not sure this is a McNally thing so perhaps we shouldn''t be having a pop at him for this one.

I guess this isn''t normally a problem when you are lending your ST to a mate in the same age group, I''ve done that a few times myself.

I''m pretty sure it was a Mcnally idea.

Prior to his arrival you just had to make up the difference between the cost of a concession season ticket and the cost of an adult season ticket.

The gut...

but the customer is a season ticket holder. It''s a matter of principle.

like I said we''re merely viewed as cash cows.

Doesn''t really matter who had the idea, it''s fair.

There are plenty of man and boy city fans who would quite like to get a casual ticket for the same price that a season ticket holder pays when the seat that was discounted for a young fan becomes available because they

a) can''t go

b) doesn''t want to go

c) has to give up his seat for an absent older relative.

d) what have you?

But Stan the customer is not a season ticket holder. One season ticket holder is still going, the other isn''t.

If this was my grandson''s ticket it would cost me so much to bribe him not to go that upgrading the ticket would be a drop in the ocean ;)

Like I said gut it''s a matter of principle.

The club should appreciate its season ticket holders.

[quote user="STAN"]Like I said gut it''s a matter of principle.

The club should appreciate its season ticket holders.[/quote]It does, by giving a massive discount on tickets. Can''t remember what it works out a game, 28 or 29 quid?

Too true Stan it''s a matter of principle, why should a casual get their ticket for the same price as a season ticket holder.

Now I''m not biased here, I had the same happen to me a few times. I felt annoyed and a bit cheated then i took a step back and thought about it logically. Why should the casuals I was taking get in for the same price. I had a word with myself and realised I was wrong.

I''m not going to change my mind again after the hard time I gave myself.

[quote user="STAN"]Massive "discount" lol!

you really are a bell piece Morty![/quote]

How much does a casual ticket cost, in comparison to what a season ticket holder pays per game?You rancid ringpiece.