Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

Away prices capped

Fair enough, I guess, I agree it doesn''t really come into my thinking much when i''m spending £50+ just to get to the away games!

I just hope it doesn''t take away from lower league football where the real work needs to be done.

To me it seems a bit:

Top 6

Rest of the prem

top of the champs

The rest.

I can easily see off 200 quid just taking my two kids to a game if its a London one and getting the train. Thats why I use cabbage so much, still the cheapest way to travel.I think this could only work in the Prem, the football league would have to come up with something different. This is in reaction to the disparity of how much the clubs earn in TV rights, and how much we are expected to pay to see it.I saw a bit of triv that said with the increase in TV money next season the clubs could afford to let fans in for free, and still turn the same profit they did this season.

The tickets for Swansea shifted in double quick time Morty and although i did not go i suspect you saw some faces you had not seen away from home this season. Tetteys Jig has it right about touting and websites popping up advertising tickets at above the £30 limit.The Emirates charge a fortune and it was over £50 last time there yet we sold out our entire allocation so are you telling me that dropping it by £20 will not increase the demand for tickets amongst our fanbase ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]The tickets for Swansea shifted in double quick time Morty and although i did not go i suspect you saw some faces you had not seen away from home this season. Tetteys Jig has it right about touting and websites popping up advertising tickets at above the £30 limit.The Emirates charge a fortune and it was over £50 last time there yet we sold out our entire allocation so are you telling me that dropping it by £20 will not increase the demand for tickets amongst our fanbase ?[/quote]The points system is there to fend off the Jonny come lately''s though.The free travel as well reeled folks in, not just the cheap tickets.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Just imagine if it was £30 for away fans this coming Saturday. Man City have returned part of their allocation i assume because it is a silly o''clock lunchtime KO and is televised. Those tickets have been made available to home fans. The question i have is would Mr.McNally sell them at the £30 away fan price or the £50 home fan price ? I think we all know the answer to that.[/quote]Is the answer " Why make up a stick to beat someone with, when the stick doesn''t even exist?"I bet he''d make em 60 quid.The bastard.[/quote]Morty it was a scenario that could well be played out throughout the Premiership but silly me for using an example close to home. [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Just imagine if it was £30 for away fans this coming Saturday. Man City have returned part of their allocation i assume because it is a silly o''clock lunchtime KO and is televised. Those tickets have been made available to home fans. The question i have is would Mr.McNally sell them at the £30 away fan price or the £50 home fan price ? I think we all know the answer to that.[/quote]Is the answer " Why make up a stick to beat someone with, when the stick doesn''t even exist?"I bet he''d make em 60 quid.The bastard.[/quote]Morty it was a scenario that could well be played out throughout the Premiership but silly me for using an example close to home. [;)][/quote]Ignoring your anti McNally thing...This is only the start for ticket reform.When there is someone who is sat in the Jarrold only a few rows from an away fan who has paid 20 quid less that will be saying "Hoi Dave, why is this so?"The ironic thing is that Man City and the likes could afford to make wholesale cuts to home prices and not even blink, whereas the lesser funded clubs ( ie us) would likely really miss the money.Price of sausage rolls will be up.

There was me thinking David McNally set the prices so silly me again. Maybe you could correct me on that assumption ? [:P]

But surely it does benefit all fans ?

There are no restrictions on being an away fan you are all more than welcome to cone along !

[quote user="Baywing"]But surely it does benefit all fans ? There are no restrictions on being an away fan you are all more than welcome to cone along ![/quote]

What about the points system, that restricts people going away.

And before people think I''m criticising the points system, I''m not, it rewards the loyal fans and hopefully they will benefit from this new pricing.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Nobody has yet come forward and answered what happens in The Championship and in cup competitions not governed by the Premier League. What happens to the £200,000 the PL handed out to every club to assist with away match day experience ? I do not imagine for one minute that will now continue so £10 tickets for Swansea and free coach travel will be a thing of the past.Away match ticket allocations will surely mean more ballots as seat availability will not increase but with a decrease in price the demand for tickets will be more.The more i think about it this will cause more problems that it solves but those locally claiming that they were major players in bringing this £30 about are far to busy preening their feathers and puffing their chests.The egotistical self publicist is having a field day. [/quote]I indicated in my OP I thought this would hardly be universally welcomed, and there may be some problems. But there is a basic truth. Some ticket prices were plainly too high. This move, however imperfect, is a step towards correcting that unfairness, and is better than nothing. How and why this came about is less important than that it has happened.

Myself and Mrs Frank used to do 6-10 away games a season, but change of job and costs now mean we only do 1-2. We haven''t actually done any this season, the drop in prices would help in my case.

Saw this article posted on FB. I laughed at the vast response of fans that saw the funny side of us discussing premier league prices next season. The club could have waited to see what league we''d be in.

They could if they had been anything to do with it Seattle. But as far as the PL is concerned they''ll still be the same amount of clubs. And I know they think twenty''s plenty...

:)

[quote user="PurpleCanary"] How and why this came about is less important than that it has happened.[/quote]Could not agree more Purple but the amount of gloating coupled with insults on other social media oulets by what i described on a previous thread as the locally based '' one man and his dog '' brigade proclaiming their involvement in this announcement is in my book just a bigging themselves up exercise. A few tweets here and there and passing on any Facebook status posted by the FSF or Twentys Plenty is the sum hands on total not forgetting of course the march that never took place from The Compleat Angler at the Leicester home game. If i have missed anything that was directed for Norwich City fans to play their part in i will of course stand corrected.

Couldn''t be bothered to read entire thread apologies if this already raised but reduced away prices will affect NCFC revenues as the lower prices means more supporters in away section. Each club likely to take full allocation and overflow into the section of the Jarrold less seats for home support. Not all clubs have taken full allocation and only sat in Away block I presume the full allocation available to all clubs in Premier.

Probably academic can charge as for home support in Championship.

[quote user="pete"]reduced away prices will affect NCFC revenues as the lower prices means more supporters in away section. Each club likely to take full allocation and overflow into the section of the Jarrold less seats for home support.[/quote]Very good point. No thought or consideration has been given to home fans in this campaign.

[quote user="pete"]Couldn''t be bothered to read entire thread apologies if this already raised but reduced away prices will affect NCFC revenues as the lower prices means more supporters in away section. Each club likely to take full allocation and overflow into the section  of the Jarrold less seats for home support.I presume the full allocation available to all clubs in Premier.

Probably academic can charge as for home support in Championship.[/quote]Exactly pete as seats not claimed at present by away clubs will mean Block H for example now will be sold for £30 as opposed to £50 to home support.

Do people seriously believe the reduction of away tickets by approx. £20 (average) will really see huge swathes of ''homers'' suddenly travelling the length and breadth of the country ?

Lets be honest here we are fairly isolated in Norfolk and the costs of both ''us'' travelling away and other teams getting to Norfolk are not insignificant.

Fuel, bus. train all cost....early starts and late returns often mean eating out 2 or 3 times

I would guess the average away day costs around £150 (sometimes a lot more if TV dictate late Kick off or Monday evening necessitating loss of earnings and a night in the travel lodge)

If that £150 bill becomes £130 next season are numbers going to significantly increase ?

As for lost revenue by selling an extra 500 tickets to home fans instead of away in the ''old'' south stand corner, my guess is any loss of takings at the turnstile is adequately compensated by the takings at the bars and fast food outlets in the away section.

Not casting aspersions just stating in my opinion away fans are more likely to spend in the ground than ''homers'' who are often with taking a flask and a picnic !

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="Baywing"]But surely it does benefit all fans ? There are no restrictions on being an away fan you are all more than welcome to cone along ![/quote]

What about the points system, that restricts people going away.

And before people think I''m criticising the points system, I''m not, it rewards the loyal fans and hopefully they will benefit from this new pricing.

[/quote]

Clearly a new away fan is going to have to accumulate points in the same way as we all did to start with BUT

One could become an away season ticket holder and be guaranteed a ticket to all away games

Out of interest how many times this season has the points system been activated ? I would imagine B''mouth and Watford are the only two.