Sign in to follow this  
Splendid Rush

Jurgen Colin - awful

I think that sums it up really.

Several times this season he was been totally out of position when we have conceded, but at Loftus Road he was inexcusable.  His positional sense is woeful, and he seems consistently confused as to where he should be and whom he needs to be marking.  He cost us the first goal with his incompetent marking and slow closing down, and was a spectator for the majority of the game.  Granted, he is not the only offender, but his performance sums up City perfectly at the moment - disorganised, confused, lackadaisical and ineffective.

I never thought I''d say this, but bring back Louis-Jean.

poor old eddy shown the door because he would not play ball with mr iam nasty worthy.grow up worthy. now we have a bloke who he boubht  called collin who he never saw play only on vidio say no more.

I think that''s harsh on Jurgen. You can''t single out one player for blame for the QPR shambles. I think if you are kind you can excuse Ashton but otherwise no-body stop up to be counted that night.

I have seen Colin a number of times this season first hand and in my opinion he is one of if not the most promising player Worthy brought in over the summer. Yes, he''s not there yet, he gets pulled about a bit etc but once he tightens up a little positionaly and grows in confidence going forward (he is still young let''s not forget) I think will be more than capable of filling Edworthy''s boots. And I think he is a better than Louis-Jean.

Agreed.  Colin was dire on Saturday.  Shocking.  The first goal was entirely his fault.  He turned round (when it was far too late) and seemed shocked to see Lee Cook streaming down the line.  I mean, what on earth would a left winger be doing there!?

As someone behind me shouted on Saturday "So Nige, is he better than Edworthy!?"  The answer is most definitely NO

I would say we have Andrew Cave-Brown from the academy, on the other days when I go to the Leicester reserves at Carrow Road, he looked pretty promising and can go forward!

To  be fair I think Louis-Jean was brought in as Eddy''s replacement and Colin as cover for Louis-Jean. And L-J looked pretty tidy when I saw him play earlier in the season (against Crystal Palace I think it was).

And some of you may have noticed that Eddy conceded a soft penalty for Derby at the weekend which cost them points so let''s not get too misty eyed.

Jurgen has one bad game so thats enough to write him off then is it?

Certain members of the 1st team squad can have bad game after bad game yet the suns shines out of their backsides doesnt it?

Jurgens done ok so far i think. Certainly where i sit in the Barclay (Block D) hes got a bit of a following, he''s strong, quick, fast and can cross the ball far better than edders could when going forward. Also, Jurgens still young and hasnt been in England long.

The Dutch game is much slower than the English and once Jurgens adapted fully to it i think he''s going to be superb! he hasnt done anything bad this season i dont feel, was excellent vs Ipswich and i thought was the best player on the pitch Vs Millwall, give him a chance! for gods sake he''s only been here 12 weeks!

jas

forgot to add... the person who said "dare i say it bring back Louis-jean" what are you talking about!!!????

Louis Jean hasnt played this season due to injury... not because he''s rubbish... he played in the premiership and Championship with Forest and is non to shabby.. he isnt attack minded however which wont bode well with the fans who always have to find a player to single out.. still i suppose Hendo would be chuffed that hes not the constant target of abuse before he has even touched the ball!!!

Some people need to stop and think first... Louis Jean has never played for us.. apart from a few minutes pre season and when finess levels are down its hard to judge how good a player is... if he gets his chance and plays say 10 games then judge him.

jas

Colin has been class this season.

He was actually marking his man during the first goal, personally I feel it was more Ian "can''t tackle, won''t tackle" Henderson''s fault. Colin has shouting at him to mark the midfielder and just watched him run pass and didn''t follow.

I am amazed at the amount of rubbish put on this site. I know we''re all frustrated, but really!Jurgen Colin is calm, assured,and rarely gives the ball away. Can we say the same for Huckerby, who runs into blind alleys like a headless chicken and gets tackled on nearly every occasion? Defending starts from the front by retaining the ball & Huckerby is doing that less and less with each game. That puts pressure on people like Colin ..... for God''s sake, even the excellent Davenport, who we know is a quality player, looked poor against Luton due to the inadequacies of the forwards and midfield who kept losing the ball.

If Worthy won''t drop the likes of Henderson, Huckerby and Charlton, who are incapable of keeping the ball, then he should be dropped instead.

Huge Canary you are absolutely right! If fans are going to give Colin this level of vitriol and abuse after a couple of poor performances/actions in a game then why are they not doing the same to Dean Ashton who has missed a penalty and several gilt edged chances when the score has been 0-0 or when we could have won (Millwall). The same applies to Huckerby who has also made poor decisions, failed to pass at the right time, fluffed chances etc. Apart from Safri virtually every City player has had very poor games or parts of games so DON''T SINGLE OUT ONE PLAYER!

By all accounts colin has been poor for the last two games - but generally he has played well this season, IMO the best performer of the summer signings.

Doc, Flem, Brennan & Davenport have all looked poor in the last two games so its harsh to just pick out Jurgen. However I would challenge any champs defence to cope with the pressure we have inflicted on ourselves over the last two games. 

The common thread is the lack of protection provided by the midfield - and the one common feature we had during the last two games is that Charlton & Hughes played for the full 180 minutes.  They have not provided the defensive shield or retained the ball to a high enough standard creating undue pressure.

I am not excusing the defence (or Jurgen) who did not play well but the cause is elsewhere and simply rotating MLJ in (who has not done well in the just two games he has played - Colin looked better from the Place game onwards) is not the solution when the problems lie elsewhere.

OTBC

its not just one bad game though.

I''ve seen little above average from him. He was chronic in both luton and qpr matches and I''ve seen little prior to that to suggest he was a worthwhile acquisition.

[quote]forgot to add... the person who said "dare i say it bring back Louis-jean" what are you talking about!!!???? Louis Jean hasnt played this season due to injury... not because he''s rubbish... he played...[/quote]

Check your facts, he''s played twice from the start this season, and was okay going forward and a bit ropey defensively.

Ive seen him play three times and on the whole have been impressed. Cant say anything for the last few games though.

Although it does amuse me how one player can suddenly be awful after a couple of bad games, whilst if a player is a "fans favourite" then bad games tend to go unnoticed.

Anyone we have missed out?  Apparently the tea in the canteen has gone right downhill.

Glass half empty?  Smashed more like.

Edworthy was budget. Nice guy, tried hard, no talent. Swapping him for a decent footballer who will only get better was an excellent move.

Give Jurgen a break. As the wise men have said, our problems lie elsewhere.

[quote]Ive seen him play three times and on the whole have been impressed. Cant say anything for the last few games though. Although it does amuse me how one player can suddenly be awful after a couple of b...[/quote]

Whats that trent - a good player does not become a bad one overnight?  Are you Michael WJ in disguise! LOL

For me it is all about the midfield and the simple fact we dont have one to support either the defence or attack, which is what they are there for.

OTBC