Sign in to follow this  
Feel The Force

McClaren to stay for now...

It''s hardly a positive is it.

Statistics are there for new manager syndrome (talksport just gone through it) one of the 3 will stay up with a record low points this season, meaning a 3/4 game honeymoon period will be enough.

If you don''t see this as a bad thing I''m amazed. Who would you want managing them.

Mcclaren or Rafa?

I can''t see any positive out of it.

We''re DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED (unless of course we''re not, in which case I do apologise for shrieking like a pant-wetting ninny)

Apples

Of course it''s still about what we do.

That''s the point. Newcastle sold their soul long ago, I genuinely don''t think a new manager will get any more out of them.

Not sure Rafa is anymore the right manager in a relegation scrap than McLaren would be. Certainly a first for him I would think.

Still think it will be us or Sunderland who escape.

I agree, being entirely neutral, Sunderland OK paper seem best equipped. But one weekends results can turn it all on its head. Been saying for ages, games against toon and Sunderland at Carrow road will decide things.

I just can''t believe that people could turn a very minor positive for Newcastle into a massive knee-jerk negative against us...I really do worry about the ultra-reactive way some people who post on this board must live their lives.

I predict a minor "dead cat bounce" at best.

Apples  

Rafa can''t be that good if he''s having to accept what could well be a job in the Championship.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]I can''t see any positive out of it.[/quote]Nothing new there then..........http://crooksandliars.com/files/primary_image/15/08/doom-and-gloom.jpg[;)]

[quote user="morty"]I agree, being entirely neutral, Sunderland OK paper seem best equipped. But one weekends results can turn it all on its head. Been saying for ages, games against toon and Sunderland at Carrow road will decide things.[/quote]

Any team that can put a 4 point gap between them and the others at this stage will have a huge advantage. We need something out of tomorrows'' game.

Our situation hasn''t changed. We need to start winning to stand any chance of staying up.

However, I am fascinated to see how Rafa gets on in such a different type of scenario than he''s used to managing.

As well as appointing Rafa, Newcastle also confirmed that he has appointed 5 people as his coaching team.