Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

Mbokani

Story on home page that Mbokani doesn''t want to sign for us if we are relegated. Am not certain that he''s done enough to convince me he''d be a worthwhile signing anyway. Either way, is he going to have enough fight in him for the crucial run in? Not the attitude we need at the moment, I can''t see him running through walls to help us get the required points needed. One of the reasons loan players often fall short imo.

I think he''s quite a decent player but he doesn''t work hard enough for us. He often stays static after he does something good and the move breaks down, he doesn''t get into the box enough, he doesn''t get close enough to team mates etc. I think he''s a bit of a primadonna who expects everything on a plate for him on the pitch so he can do something flashy and look good.

His one footedness is also very easy to defend against at this level so i don''t really think he''s suited to the English game and I can see why he wouldn''t want to drop down. He''d most likely be mediocre and disappear into obscurity, you can see why he wouldn''t want that while earning 85k a week at the moment!

I don''t want him back to be honest, I''d keep Jerome but look to replace every other striker regardless of what league we''re playing in this summer.

No real story here for me, I never expected him to stay after this season, regardless.

Even if we stayed up and signed him at a good deal I''d still want to go out and buy a 20 goal a season striker who we so desperately need. Mbokani has shown he has plenty of ability - just a bit wasted in such a defensive system with nobody up top to help him.

Not good enough for the PL would be good in the championship but like a lot of players he sets himself PL wages regardless. I agree with others he was not likely to be here next season regardless

Reminds me of Leroy Fer. Plenty of ability but doesn''t show it often enough. And not up for a relegation scrap. He''ll be gone whatever happens end of season and won''t be missed.

He''s a big lump and holds the ball up very well, but I don''t think his all round game is good enough at premier league level. Maybe he''d be better with a strike partner or as an impact sub, but for me he hasn''t been a great signing and I''m glad he''s only here for a season.

Best striker we have had this season and has deserved more of a chance than he has been given. One of the reasons for our poor form is Alex Neil''s decision to keep playing Jerome. Yes, he may well work hard but that counts for nothing if he cannot convert the chances that he has had. I bet Mbokani has a far superior conversion rate than Jerome has.

Would love to see Mbokani and Bamford given a chance to form a partnership now until the end of the season.

If Mbokani was 4 years younger then I am sure Norwich would be trying a lot harder to keep hold of him at the end of the season.

He''s on £75,000 a week, of cause he won''t be here if we are in the championship!!

Has been a major disappointment for me and hasn''t lived up to his goal scoring reputation. The bottom line is that, like Jerome, in that he just doesn''t score enough.But he was never gonna be here for more than one season so it isn''t a big surprise.I said yesterday in another thread that Mbokani, Naismith, Redmond & Brady would already be discussing a way out with their agents. Personally, if his heart isn''t in it and he''s not up for the fight, then I wouldn''t pick him again this season.

I quite like him and feel that he might well have made a bigger impact upon the score sheet had he been given a consistent run in the side.

Having said that, he comes over to me as being very nonchalant about things and should probably have "mercenary" printed on his forehead.

Almost as if he''s saying, "I''m here to do a job and I''ll do it, but don''t expect me to wear the Norwich City cause on my sleeve, along with my heart."

Unfortunately I think he is only here so he can tick "have played in the English Premier League" of his list, has skill, share the point about him being a bit nonchalant as made by Broadstairs.

[quote user="Yellow Green Army"]Best striker we have had this season and has deserved more of a chance than he has been given. One of the reasons for our poor form is Alex Neil''s decision to keep playing Jerome. Yes, he may well work hard but that counts for nothing if he cannot convert the chances that he has had. I bet Mbokani has a far superior conversion rate than Jerome has.

Would love to see Mbokani and Bamford given a chance to form a partnership now until the end of the season.

If Mbokani was 4 years younger then I am sure Norwich would be trying a lot harder to keep hold of him at the end of the season.[/quote]This.

Seems like he has not been forgiven by the manager for his part in the first goal vs Villa. Not so much the foul which conceded the free kick but the failure to challenge Lescott on the cross.

He tends to wander out of the middle too much for a lone striker Why was he back making that clumsy challenge deep on the touchline at Villa Park ?

Good at close control in tight situations but doesn''t stretch the play like Jerome does.

Like so many this season has flattered to deceive

Agree with yellow green army. Mbokani gives a lot more than Jerome. Mbokani wins more headers and is in defenders faces. Good positional sense and better strike rate. Should play every game before we send him back.

Hasn''t done enough to get a move in Prem or Championship impressed more than Jerome but not given much of a chance by Neil. Not the only one however Alex likes his favourites and stubbornly sticks by them to the detriment of the team.

He''s about as mobile as a fork lift truck

My Granny could move faster

[quote user="daly"]He''s about as mobile as a fork lift truck

My Granny could move faster[/quote].

He''s not bought a great deal to the party. Slightly more than RVW maybe, but the hype has never been lived up to. The money would have been much better used to tempt Peter Crouch. Send him back once our fate is known.

"He''s on £75,000 a week, of cause he won''t be here if we are in the championship!!"

Well I can tell ya we ain''t paying him £75,000 a week. Or even £50,000 for that matter. Comeon let''s be realistic.

His contract at Kiev is £75,000 a week and we are paying a third of that. I was told that by one of our players

For me Mbokani hasn''t done nearly enough to warrant being signed permanently.

To his credit his hold up play is reasonable and his finishing is superior to Jerome. However, his all round play is very ordinary. He does not occupy defences and allows them to pass the ball out from the back far too easily.

For all his flaws, we look much harder to play against when Jerome is in the side and if I were manager he''d start every game ahead of Mbokani for that reason.

Whilst I don''t know specifics, a lot of people in the media, including Iwan Roberts, have alluded to thr fact he is on a lot or money. So he clearly is at the very least one of the top earners at the club. But crucially he certainly isn''t one of the most important players at the club and therefore wouldn''t be value for money.

[quote user="JF"]His contract at Kiev is £75,000 a week and we are paying a third of that. I was told that by one of our players[/quote]So I reckeon then we''ve paid him £25k per week for approx 32 weeks = £800,000 so farThat equates to £250,000 per goal.Bargain [;)]

This is no story - we all knew he would not stay if we were relegated nor will

Naismith

Klose

Redmond

Brady

To name just 4

They will all jump ship for a Prem club if there agents can find one who will take them

Would you take a 50% pay cut

[quote user="Making Plans"]Sorry, that should be £200k per goal - an even better bargain [;)][;)][/quote]

A definite bargain compared to Ricky''s £4,250,000 per goal (not including wages).

I wonder what Lafferty''s ratio is. ..

Not sure where u got 50% pay cut from i seem to remember someone who had a source lol saying it was 30% but guess they are all just guesses??

[quote user="cityangel"]Not sure where u got 50% pay cut from i seem to remember someone who had a source lol saying it was 30% but guess they are all just guesses??[/quote]People just guess things and make figures up to suit whatever agenda / argument they have going.Its the Pinkun way[:)]