Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Will Neil be sacked this weekend??

the board will do nothing until the fans turn ,

at the moment it seems that most people are happy to keep with AN going down and giving him a chance next season

if they were that serious about staying up he would be gone by now you can not reward failure its a results business

Why do so many of you moan about what other supporters do.

Why can''t people do what they want to do. There really is no need to try to polarise the fan base. Those who want to protest can protest and those that don''t want to protest don''t have to.

Well he wasn''t sacked. And I actually thought he would have been based on previous seasons. But more fool me. Neil it seems is unsackable.

I guess I do like the guy. He did get us promoted tbf, so very hard not to.

Hey ho. I will still be supporting the boys next season, and until then I will expect nothing from them.

What a fun fun life happy clapping is.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Well he wasn''t sacked. And I actually thought he would have been based on previous seasons. But more fool me. Neil it seems is unsackable.

I guess I do like the guy. He did get us promoted tbf, so very hard not to.

Hey ho. I will still be supporting the boys next season, and until then I will expect nothing from them.

What a fun fun life happy clapping is.[/quote]
Yeah I still like him a lot too. I know it''s a results business and the results have been shit lately, but he comes across as honest and determined to improve things and at least he never talks up the opposition like that Houghton chap used to.

Sir Alex has done a wonderful job in the year he has been with us.

Stay up or down we will be stronger next season for his experience

The players haven''t turned on him they are most of the time giving their all.

I am delighted with his contribution to the club and look forward to having him as our Manager for many many seasons to come

OTBC

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]I seem to recall a certain Mr Roeder had a good first season here.........[/quote]Have you read that back after you posted it and thought "Really wish there was an edit button here"?

He clearly hasn''t done a "wonderful" job.

You could probably say that about Ranieiri.

AN did great last season but has struggled this time.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]I seem to recall a certain Mr Roeder had a good first season here.........[/quote]Have you read that back after you posted it and thought "Really wish there was an edit button here"?[/quote]

No

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]However there should be an edit button for 99% of your posts, Morty[/quote]Well done for just taking the six minutes to come up with that[Y][:)]

[quote user="norfolkngood"]we could afford the moyes rodgers manger if we got rid of deadwood players

if you think of whitts and lafferty wages

and that of AN

put them together you must have at least 60 k a week

will not happen though

if newcastle sack mclaren and stay up our board will need to look at themselves for sitting on their hands again a watching us go down[/quote]Perhaps you would be good enough to explain how we persuade "deadwood" players to give up their wages here and leave?

[quote user="craigbrown2015"]We want Neil out,

We want Neill out

We want Neill out

repeat several times loudly & clearly!!![/quote]
Ah, but you''ve not completed the pattern for us! How many l''s do we add to Neil''s name on the 4th repeat?

[quote user="craigbrown2015"]We want Neil out,

We want Neill out

We want Neill out

repeat several times loudly & clearly!!![/quote]Craig Brown eh?Didn''t he used to play for Dundee FC? ...........Hmmm!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Strongest squad in the league is a sweeping statement with absolutely nothing to back it up. The same people are saying we have the weakest squad in the league now. I know there''s a gap between the two leagues but those two statements can''t both be right.[/quote]

Actually, Nutty I think both statements can be correct and could well be in this instance.

I think arguably last season we probably did have stronger squads on paper than both Bournemouth and Watford. We comprehensively beat Watford 3-0 in both matches and took 4 points from Bournemouth (even winning with 10 men).

Once Neil took over, the results were as good anyone else''s in the league. But Neil deserves immense credit for that squad strength translating into results on the pitch. As Adams showed, not any old coach can achieve promotion regardless of how good the squad is.

The difference this season is that both Watford and Bournemouth has invested a hell of a lot of money and moved ahead of us. The facts are that we probably do have the 2nd weakest squad in the league - I think only Villa are probably worse. The rights and wrongs of why that is are for a different thread. But the reality is that based on the strength of the playing squad, we are where we should be.

People criticise Neil for making odd tactical decisions and constantly changing his team. But the reason he does this is to attempt to bridge the gap in quality between us and other sides we face. Logic dictates that if you a play a generic 4231 system against a team with better players then most times the opposition will win - because they play that system better.

So we need to try different things. Sadly a lot of the time that still won''t be enough and so it has proved. Neil deserves to be given until Christmas at least should the worst happen. The success of Dyche and Bruce this season shows the wisdom of sticking with your manager (particularly ones that already have promotions in the drawer)

Indeed. I really don''t understand this compulsion to keep sacking managers until the stars align correctly again and one finally goes on a decent run...and then begin the cycle again as soon as results dry up. At the end of the day, three teams have to be relegated and even if they all change their managers this will continue to be the case. We demand loyalty of our managers and players when we are winning but show no loyalty to them when it no longer suits us. That saddens me greatly.

Swansea sacked Garry Monk and brought in Francesco Guidolin. Fransceco took over on Janurary 16th 2018.

Now obviously it has worked for Swansea because they have been been winning games since their new manager has taken over & it''s a gamble that has paid off.

Southampton also did this a couple of years ago when Nigel Adkins had got Southampton promoted from league one to the championship.

Southampton were 15th - 21 pts - 2 pts ahead of Aston Villa in 18th.

Pochettino was appointed manager of Southampton - January 18th 2013. First game in charge was against Everton at home - drawed 0-0. Took over after 23 games. With 15 games remaining kept Southampton in the premier league. Guided them to 14th - 41 pts.

W4 D7 L5

Southampton were a club like us. Nigel Adkins - similar to Alex Neill - had achieved promotions. I feel the board if had sacked Alex Neill a couple of months ago - we would have given ourselves a much better chance of staying in the premier league.

I am sure McNally have could have found a top European foreign manager. Don''t always know why we have to go for British managers. Swansea & Southampton classic examples of clubs that recruited foreign managers and had success in keeping their clubs in the premier league.

I am just quite annoyed that the board of directors at Norwich have wasted 2 months of this season between January & March. We haven''t won a game since January 2nd against Southampton.

We have lost 9 games from Stoke away to Swansea away.

I still feel there is time for a new manager to come in & get us winning games. Alex Neill is no better Nigel Adkins - in the same category. He might have success in the championship.

We need a manager who can take us forward in the premier league. Yes we may go down & come back up next season. But he will just repeat his mistakes. I don''t believe he will improve and get any better. He will never have success in the premier league as a manager.

I am having the managers & players & fans justify relegation. Relegation should hurt the players & manager & fans - if it doesn''t hurt you there is something very wrong with you!!!

That is my rant over!!

Oh by the way - if you feel he should be sacked - I just urge the Barclay End - to be loud and vocal and protest.

Sing this

"We will want Neill out...

We want Neill out...

We want Neill out..."

I am telling you now this club will never progress in the Premier League while Alex Neill stays here.

I think it should have happened weeks ago but as far as this season goes it is too late no one that this Board would bring in will be able to turn the tide at this stage of the season. As to next season AN quite possibly could get us up again, if he did mind i would then get rid in the summer and get some proven PL experience as AN is and will continue to be out of his depth

Agreed Yorkshire. Sourhampton took the brave decision to remove Atkins and appointed a tier 1 manager. Unfortunately for us, once again, board inaction and relegation go hand in hand.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Agreed Yorkshire. Sourhampton took the brave decision to remove Atkins and appointed a tier 1 manager. Unfortunately for us, once again, board inaction and relegation go hand in hand.[/quote]
Have we ever appointed a tier 1 manager?

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Agreed Yorkshire. Sourhampton took the brave decision to remove Atkins and appointed a tier 1 manager. Unfortunately for us, once again, board inaction and relegation go hand in hand.[/quote]Pochettino may now be regarded (in Premier League terms) as top-tier manager but he wasn''t when Southampton chose him. He had done reasonably well with Espanyol but ended up being sacked when they were in last place. A top-tier manager is Mourinho or Ancelotti or someone at that level.I agree that it was a bold move to get rid of Atkins, who was plainly regarded as having a managerial ceiling through which he would not break, but Pochettino was still a risk that might not have worked. It was a bet on his perceived potential rather than any cast-iron achievement.

To be clear from the start, I don''t want this. Indeed, I think we should stick by Alex and see him as a long term investment just as we would a younger player.

BUT

I''d be interested to know if many on here would accept a big/humiliating defeat to Man City today if it led to the board sacking Alex??

I think that''s the only way it could happen as after today it will probably too late as we would need someone new in now to ensure we had the momentum before the huge Newcastle and Sunderland games