Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Will Neil be sacked this weekend??

The reason people are mentioning Chris Hughton is because this season is a carbon copy of our relegation season. Manager refusing to make subs until we are behind. Diabolical away form. Certain players undroppable regardless of form. The occasional home win to appease those who refuse to accept the inevitable.

I want him gone now. I think he''s a fraud who talks a good game and has fooled us for a long time but I really don''t think he knows what he''s doing snd think he''s out of his depth. My club is not a training school for inexperienced managers and we should not be sacrificing our premier league status to let Alex Neil "learn" when he is showing zero sign of actually learning anything. Today was a must win game and aside from the last ten minutes when we went for it the performance was a disgrace.

[quote user="CanaryOne"][quote user="Kurious Oranj"]Come on, yes it was poor, but saying it was like watching a Hughton team at its very worst is just blasphemy. At least we attempted to win the game. Hughton wouldve settled for a narrow loss.[/quote]It wasnt any better than a Hughton performance and at least that man could bag the odd point or two 1 in 27 is sackable and thats really what should happen.[/quote]

We obviously have very different memories of his tenure. Away performances in particular were, "we start with a point lads, that''ll do" followed by 90mins of turgid, ultra defensive rubbish where the players got confused if they crossed the half way line.

[quote user="Keith Scott"]The reason people are mentioning Chris Hughton is because this season is a carbon copy of our relegation season. Manager refusing to make subs until we are behind. Diabolical away form. Certain players undroppable regardless of form. The occasional home win to appease those who refuse to accept the inevitable.[/quote]

It really isn''t, but carry on...

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]1 point from 27, same mistakes week in, week out, doesn''t learn from his mistakes, truely shocking subs and in game tactical changes (if there are indeed any), constant tinkering, chopping and changing week in week out, yet again outdone by an opponent''s substitutions and tactical changes (Fer assist). 
[/quote]
Well, that''s a good one.
He doesn''t learn from his mistakes
but
he constantly tinkers, chops and changes
Can you explain that apparent contradiction?

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]Fed up of "but there is no one to replace him" bollox.

Garry Monk

David Moyes

Tim Sherwood

Nigel Pearson

Brendan Rogers

Or why not even......

Rudi Garcia

Pepe Mel

Sandoval

Pinto[/quote]

Our board has a track record of not appointing a ''name'' manager.

So none of the first group would get an interview sadly

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Sack Hoots after 18 months, Appoint Adams, Sack Adams after 9 months, appoint Neil, Sack Neil after a year... the next joker comes in and doesn''t turn us in to Bayern Munich over night.. sack him after 3 games...why not give Neil another season at least to come back better.if he takes us up again he''ll be the messiah again won''t he?[/quote]

There''s so much wrong with this post.

Morale of this story is Norwich employ useless tools and never learn

[quote user="City 2nd"]Yellowbeagle wrote the following post at 2016-03-05 9:07 PM:

I have no problem sticking with the manager but the transfers since he became manager seriously needs looking at, it''s become clear over the course of the season that our best players are still the same ones that were our better players last time we got relegated. The only AN signing who has so far looked a step up is Brady. Only the people inside the club know if AN has lost the dressing room or if it''s just the players are not good enough.

I think you will find that we operate with a transfer board, headed by McNally and including the head scout, so it''s not all down to the manager! But that said, he doesn''t get the best out of what he has got![/quote]

Yep I was aware of that isn''t the head scout he guy who was at West Brom? If I thought AN was solely responsible for transfers I would feel he should go.

Jim Smith hit the nail on the head.

He''s a good motivator who managed to get a very good squad over the line in the championship.

This season he has shown he couldn''t be any further away from a PL manager.

Gary Monk and Tim Sherwood! 😂 Those suggestions have brightened my day👌🏻

[quote user="Keith Scott"]The reason people are mentioning Chris Hughton is because this season is a carbon copy of our relegation season. Manager refusing to make subs until we are behind. Diabolical away form. Certain players undroppable regardless of form. The occasional home win to appease those who refuse to accept the inevitable.[/quote]Very little sign of unrest at CR therefore absolutely no chance of AN being shown the door at the moment. Unless the crowd turn nasty he is probably ok.Matches against Newcastle and Sunderland will be key but I expect he will at the very least see the season out and more than likely keep his job for next season.

I don''t see him going but I felt the signs were there earlier in the season that he was struggling. Unfortunately it''s even worse than I feared.

Swansea rolled the dice and it has payed off.

Their owners quickly realised they were heading in one direction under Monk.

[quote user="STAN"]Swansea rolled the dice and it has payed off.

Their owners quickly realised they were heading in one direction under Monk.[/quote]
They should have signed Harry Styles.

If life was only as simple as some posters would like to suggest it is. Type a few names of out of work managers that could take over from Alex Neil but ignore two fundamental points, 1) Would they come here, 2) Can we afford them. Take those that are very unlikely to see Norwich City as part of their career path out of the equation together with those we cannot afford and you are left with the failures. The genius of the so called experts is to replace a failing manager with a failure!!. The second tactic is to use the example of another failing team as the benchmark, in this case Newcastle Utd. The obvious, inconvenient truth here is of course the fact that Newcastle Utd can afford to sack their manager and pay megabucks for a new manager.

The sooner posters realise we are one of the least wealthy clubs in the Premiership (if not the least wealthiest) the better. The only way we are going to have a chance of staying in the Premiership is if we are purchased by an extremely wealthy individual/group.

For me it boils down to the fact we are not quite good enough and we do not have the financial clout to attract enough quality players such that we have strength in depth, suggestions that Alex Neil has "lost" the dressing room are wide of the mark.

That all said despite such a poor run of form we are still in a three way fight to avoid the last two relegation places, as Nutty says it is between us, Sunderland and Newcastle as to who is the least sh1te over the next 9/10 games.......

He won''t be sacked but my patience is wearing extremely thin with him. Last season he got the best squad in the Championship promoted. This season, unless there is a dramatic turnaround, it looks as though he will be in charge of the worst squad in the Premier League and get relegated.  So is he really as good as we think he is? Could any monkey have got us promoted last season with such a strong squad? Cut him some slack now but next season he gets nothing and we make the decision then. McNally will be left with massive egg on face if he sacks his man now so I can''t see it happening.As stated above I really can''t see McClaren being at Newcastle after the weekend. Making Moyes or Rodgers an offer they can''t refuse might just might give them enough to stay up. Our Board however won''t chase the Premiership dream.     

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I want him gone now. I think he''s a fraud who talks a good game and has fooled us for a long time but I really don''t think he knows what he''s doing snd think he''s out of his depth. My club is not a training school for inexperienced managers and we should not be sacrificing our premier league status to let Alex Neil "learn" when he is showing zero sign of actually learning anything. Today was a must win game and aside from the last ten minutes when we went for it the performance was a disgrace.[/quote][Y]

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]He won''t be sacked but my patience is wearing extremely thin with him. Last season he got the best squad in the Championship promoted. This season, unless there is a dramatic turnaround, it looks as though he will be in charge of the worst squad in the Premier League and get relegated.  So is he really as good as we think he is? Could any monkey have got us promoted last season with such a strong squad? Cut him some slack now but next season he gets nothing and we make the decision then. McNally will be left with massive egg on face if he sacks his man now so I can''t see it happening.As stated above I really can''t see McClaren being at Newcastle after the weekend. Making Moyes or Rodgers an offer they can''t refuse might just might give them enough to stay up. Our Board however won''t chase the Premiership dream.      [/quote]
Yeah, the dream of finishing 16-17th every season and chasing journeymen for ridiculous wages.  The dream of parking the bus at least four away games a season.  The dream of Sunday, Monday and early Saturday kick-offs because what Sky says goes.  The dream of being referred to as "the likes of Norwich City."  The dream of constantly moaning about our owners (who aren''t rich enough) and our manager (who isn''t experienced enough) and our players (who aren''t good enough) because we are always in the bottom half of the league.
F*ck the "Premiership Dream" and let''s just get behind the team, win or lose.

If we can''t afford to sack a manager who was previously working at Hamilton Academical for peanuts then we''ve some serious financial issues.

[quote user="Jeremy Borbyn"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]1 point from 27, same mistakes week in, week out, doesn''t learn from his mistakes, truely shocking subs and in game tactical changes (if there are indeed any), constant tinkering, chopping and changing week in week out, yet again outdone by an opponent''s substitutions and tactical changes (Fer assist). 
[/quote]
Well, that''s a good one.
He doesn''t learn from his mistakes
but
he constantly tinkers, chops and changes
Can you explain that apparent contradiction?
[/quote]Are you serious?  There is no contradiction, think about it, if you can!!!

Do you enjoy watching Norwich lose Borbyn?!

I''m starting to wonder if you''re the undercover binner.………………………………………

"We are one of the least wealthiest clubs"

No, we are one of the stingiest clubs. Never willing to appoint a manager with experience and always delaying signings until they are absolutely necessary (i.e. when we are staring at relegation). Things are always done on the cheap and that is why we inevitably struggle in this division.

The fact we never attract experienced managers is because the board hold a delusional belief that they are not required.

[quote user="STAN"]Do you enjoy watching Norwich lose Borbyn?!

I''m starting to wonder if you''re the undercover binner.………………………………………[/quote][;)]

[quote user="Jeremy Borbyn"][quote user="Capt. Pants"]He won''t be sacked but my patience is wearing extremely thin with him. Last season he got the best squad in the Championship promoted. This season, unless there is a dramatic turnaround, it looks as though he will be in charge of the worst squad in the Premier League and get relegated.  So is he really as good as we think he is? Could any monkey have got us promoted last season with such a strong squad? Cut him some slack now but next season he gets nothing and we make the decision then. McNally will be left with massive egg on face if he sacks his man now so I can''t see it happening.As stated above I really can''t see McClaren being at Newcastle after the weekend. Making Moyes or Rodgers an offer they can''t refuse might just might give them enough to stay up. Our Board however won''t chase the Premiership dream.      [/quote]
Yeah, the dream of finishing 16-17th every season and chasing journeymen for ridiculous wages.  The dream of parking the bus at least four away games a season.  The dream of Sunday, Monday and early Saturday kick-offs because what Sky says goes.  The dream of being referred to as "the likes of Norwich City."  The dream of constantly moaning about our owners (who aren''t rich enough) and our manager (who isn''t experienced enough) and our players (who aren''t good enough) because we are always in the bottom half of the league.
F*ck the "Premiership Dream" and let''s just get behind the team, win or lose.
[/quote]Bor admitting the manager isn''t up to the job yet still believing we should stick with him. Interesting. Maybe there is something in this Bor being a closet binner after all.......................................................

Of course no, he will not be sacked this weekend. Alex will  see the season thru, taking us to complete one of the saddest, most dire runs in the history of the club. Wether the board sack him at season end or keep him for  next seasons Champs only the Board know.STAN put it in a nutshell, it is Alex Neil who has steadily but slowly drained the confidence of the players week in week out. I wont repeat all Alexs failures this season, others have more than stated those. What for me is sad is that this club should have survived comfortably this season, but we are week by week just whimpering to the Champs, and i fear we had some good players who will want to head for the exit asap.When players play like they do today, and like theyve done most the season, its down to the manager. I could not see a Nigel Pearson team playing this way. Sadly i fear for next season to, never mind this one, if Mr. Neil stays, thats the measure of how much he has failed imo.

Well put "Faded Jaded etc.." There are no easy answers and the simple truth is that we''re not quite good enough for the PL this season. If we do go down I expect AN still to be in charge next season with the job of rebuilding the squad from back to front. To many posters on here, the best managers are those out of work and the best players are those not in the squad.  Oh, if it were that simple.