Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Out they all crawl...

Alex Neil''s Championship record with NCFC:  P21 W14 D3 L4, win rate 66.67%.  NOT including the playoffs of W2 D1 L0.
(Cue "but it was the best squad in the division" disclaimer.)

January[edit]

February[edit]

March[edit]

Norwich''s win over rivals Ipswich Town saw a new all seater stadium record of 27,005 set for Carrow Road. Norwich went onto win the game two goals to nil after goals from Bradley Johnson and Lewis Grabban. It was their fourth East Anglian Derby win in succession.[2]

April[edit]

Ask most of the fans who went today if they have anything to say ,entitled to let off steam ,wish we could all say well done city you have played a blinded today excellent performance .

It''s a results business Borbyn...

Jerome scored 18 goals last season, does that make him a PL goalscorer?

[quote user="Yellowhammer"]Ask most of the fans who went today if they have anything to say ,entitled to let off steam ,wish we could all say well done city you have played a blinded today excellent performance .[/quote]I''ll be more than happy to listen to the opinions of people who went today, rather than some of the ill informed whingers that dribble all over this forum.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Yellowhammer"]Ask most of the fans who went today if they have anything to say ,entitled to let off steam ,wish we could all say well done city you have played a blinded today excellent performance .[/quote]I''ll be more than happy to listen to the opinions of people who went today, rather than some of the ill informed whingers that dribble all over this forum.[/quote]Opinions won''t alter the results Herman.No points for styleNo points for bad luckNo points for poor decisionsLook at the goal differences, we are exactly where we should be.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Yellowhammer"]Ask most of the fans who went today if they have anything to say ,entitled to let off steam ,wish we could all say well done city you have played a blinded today excellent performance .[/quote]I''ll be more than happy to listen to the opinions of people who went today, rather than some of the ill informed whingers that dribble all over this forum.[/quote]So if all 22 coach loads say Neil should be sacked, you''ll go with it????

Ricardo, I know.Like yourself, I am at the fifth level of grief, (or very near dammit), but that doesn''t make me impervious to the high level of whining. [:D]

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Yellowhammer"]Ask most of the fans who went today if they have anything to say ,entitled to let off steam ,wish we could all say well done city you have played a blinded today excellent performance .[/quote]I''ll be more than happy to listen to the opinions of people who went today, rather than some of the ill informed whingers that dribble all over this forum.[/quote]Well i did not go today Herman but watched it on my laptop and much as i admire those who travelled today my opinion holds just a much credibility as theirs. We were disjointed, lacking in any sort of constructive play and were woeful up front. We gave away countless free kicks which resulted in an unhealthy number of yellow cards and add to that the players looked as though they had just met each other for the first time today.It whole scenario played out on my laptop in the comfort of my lounge with a drink in my hand and the central heating turned on was like watching someone you dearly love and hold close to your heart slip slowly away in front of you without a murmour.If that makes me an ill informed whinger in your eyes i am sorry to inform you that i will comfortably live with that on my conscience.

[quote user="STAN"]It''s a results business Borbyn...

Jerome scored 18 goals last season, does that make him a PL goalscorer?[/quote]

[quote user="Herman "]I''ll be more than happy to listen to the opinions of people who went today, rather than some of the ill informed whingers that dribble all over this forum.[/quote]Doesn''t matter if you went to the match, watched it on a stream, listened to it on radio or followed it on text you can only have one conclusion.We were absolute pants today - no skill, no effort, no passion and absolutely no idea.In fact, in a season of poor performances, and given given the significance of the match, today was probably the worst we''ve been by a considerable margin.

[quote user="STAN"]It''s a results business Borbyn...

Jerome scored 18 goals last season, does that make him a PL goalscorer?[/quote]
Do you think comparing the job of manager to the job of centre-forward is a valid comparison?

There seems to be a feeling coming from those that went, and the Twitter feeds of a few Norwich based journo''s that it was abject in the second half. I didn''t go, (or watch a stream) but it does seem to me that the tide may be turning. You can''t simply turn up, game after game, and lose, whatever division you are in and expect supporters to keep smiling. Bringing on your "finisher" , signed to score goals, so late in the day  , because your system doesn''t allow it (in a game we needed to win) strikes me as jolly rum. And the trip to Abu Dhabi , allegedly to act as a bonding session, seems to have been money down the drain. Should have gone to Gorleston.

So if a few fans want a moan let them. I''ve you''ve just travelled to Wales I think you have earned the right....

[quote user="Capt. Pants"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="Yellowhammer"]Ask most of the fans who went today if they have anything to say ,entitled to let off steam ,wish we could all say well done city you have played a blinded today excellent performance .[/quote]I''ll be more than happy to listen to the opinions of people who went today, rather than some of the ill informed whingers that dribble all over this forum.[/quote]So if all 22 coach loads say Neil should be sacked, you''ll go with it????[/quote]I said I''d listen,but not necessarily agree with them.

BorBIN his record in the Championship was LAST year! His record in the Prem is what counts now! 14 games without a clean sheet, 12 goals scored and a massive EIGHT points accumulated! Thats a fantastic record isn''t it?

We fans pay our money and are entitled to complain, absolutely. I didn''t go but I did watch the game and I didn''t think the second half was abject, although when Swansea lifted their game we struggled to match them until the last 10 mins by which time it was too late. We had chances to score and I thought we looked decent at the back, even with the forced change after Brady went off. The difference was Swansea took their chance when they were on top and we didn''t.
The positive for me was that we looked better at the back than we have in a lot of other games this season, but in some ways it''s worse when you can''t point to a specific defensive error or refereeing decision to explain the loss - we were just not good enough when it mattered. Story of our season perhaps.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]BorBIN his record in the Championship was LAST year! His record in the Prem is what counts now! 14 games without a clean sheet, 12 goals scored and a massive EIGHT points accumulated! Thats a fantastic record isn''t it?[/quote]
That''s not his Premiership record though, is it.  Those are just selective statistics.
Px Wx Dx Lx are the stats that matter.  And at present we are in the bottom 3 and of course that is not fantastic, but we are not relegated yet.  Additionally for all the moaning and whinging on this board, I don''t see any credible alternatives being suggested.  Who would you replace him with?  Names please.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Capt. Pants"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="Yellowhammer"]Ask most of the fans who went today if they have anything to say ,entitled to let off steam ,wish we could all say well done city you have played a blinded today excellent performance .[/quote]I''ll be more than happy to listen to the opinions of people who went today, rather than some of the ill informed whingers that dribble all over this forum.[/quote]So if all 22 coach loads say Neil should be sacked, you''ll go with it????[/quote]I said I''d listen,but not necessarily agree with them.[/quote]Well let''s wait and see then. Let''s see if there''s a difference in opinion between the so called whingers and those who supposedly have the right.

I''ve just got back from the game, but don''t have the benefit of being able to compare with what''s been served up at Carrow Road on a regular basis as I''m based Herefordshire.

But it was generally a poor quality game, with little to keep either set of fans entertained. Swansea passed the ball better than us and seemed to have more of a recognisable style to their game. We were a little disjointed and lacking in cohesion.

Losing Brady didn''t help, but he wasn''t actually playing very well. Klose and Martin looked very solid first half, but the former''s distribution was poor. Pinto looked OK, O''Neill like his headband was over his eyes.

Whilst we''ve looked more solid at the back of late, I think we''ve looked less threatening going foward. I didn''t really think we''d score today. All a little underwhelming, but we are still only one point from safety I guess...

[quote user="Jeremy Borbyn"][quote user="Baldyboy"]BorBIN his record in the Championship was LAST year! His record in the Prem is what counts now! 14 games without a clean sheet, 12 goals scored and a massive EIGHT points accumulated! Thats a fantastic record isn''t it?[/quote]
That''s not his Premiership record though, is it.  Those are just selective statistics.
Px Wx Dx Lx are the stats that matter.  And at present we are in the bottom 3 and of course that is not fantastic, but we are not relegated yet.  Additionally for all the moaning and whinging on this board, I don''t see any credible alternatives being suggested.  Who would you replace him with?  Names please.
[/quote]Once again, Complete Guff. His premier league stats are what matter in the here and now to Norwich City Football Club. Unless of course you care more about Alex Neil''s career than the future of NCFC. That''s if you care at all, it seems there may to be more to this closet binner thing than meets the eye, BorBinner?..............

[quote user="Keith Scott"][quote user="Jeremy Borbyn"][quote user="Baldyboy"]BorBIN his record in the Championship was LAST year! His record in the Prem is what counts now! 14 games without a clean sheet, 12 goals scored and a massive EIGHT points accumulated! Thats a fantastic record isn''t it?[/quote]
[/quote]Once again, Complete Guff. His premier league stats are what matter in the here and now to Norwich City Football Club. Unless of course you care more about Alex Neil''s career than the future of NCFC. That''s if you care at all, it seems there may to be more to this closet binner thing than meets the eye, BorBinner?..............[/quote]
Oh how I wish you could read.  I acknowledged his record isn''t great, but the stats posted in the first post are selective stats, not his game record.  Hence my reply:
Px Wx Dx Lx are the stats that matter.  And at present we are in the bottom 3 and of course that is not fantastic, but we are not relegated yet. 

Alex Neil had a high win ratio in the Championship, does that make him a PL manager?

Cameron Jerome scored 18 goal in the Championship, does that make him a PL goalscorer?

It''s less of comparison Borbyn and more of an observation relating to your post about Neil''s record in the Championship.

Norwich City football club along with Alex Neil got a promotion and so far he''s shown he wasn''t ready for that promotion.

To me, it feels as thought the likes of Borbyn , and to an extent, Morty,and possibly one or two others, are on here at the behest of NCFC to pilliorise any poster who is totally fed up with the shite we''ve witnessed this season, especially in this pi$$ poor run of total abject defeats.There''s no disguising the fact that the manager is out of his depth in thePremier League, right from day one. it took us 12 games to get to double points,interestingly it was the home win against Swansea that eventually got us to 12 points.The writing was on the wall then:P12.  W3.   D3.   L6.   F16.   A21.  Pts.12No wonder the peasants are revolting, they''ve simply had enough and can see no way out of this scrap.Better all get to church tomorrow and pray for divine intervention.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="Yellowhammer"]Ask most of the fans who went today if they have anything to say ,entitled to let off steam ,wish we could all say well done city you have played a blinded today excellent performance .[/quote]I''ll be more than happy to listen to the opinions of people who went today,or didn''t go, rather than some of the ill informed whingers that dribble all over this forum, and only seem to turn up when the poop hits the fan.[/quote]Well i did not go today Herman but watched it on my laptop and much as i admire those who travelled today my opinion holds just a much credibility as theirs. We were disjointed, lacking in any sort of constructive play and were woeful up front. We gave away countless free kicks which resulted in an unhealthy number of yellow cards and add to that the players looked as though they had just met each other for the first time today.It whole scenario played out on my laptop in the comfort of my lounge with a drink in my hand and the central heating turned on was like watching someone you dearly love and hold close to your heart slip slowly away in front of you without a murmour.If that makes me an ill informed whinger in your eyes i am sorry to inform you that i will comfortably live with that on my conscience.[/quote]I re-phrased it for you. I apologise if you thought I''d put you in that bracket.

Not his premiership record? Ok how about played 28 won 6 drawn 6 and lost 16? Explain how good that is then BorBIN?

And whoever is suggested as a credible alternative is shot downin flames just because you think a failing manager is better?

You slag off people for having an opinion that differs to you and ask for an answer but when its given you make nasty comments?

If your opinion is the right one explain with your superior knowledge, in footballing terms just why the likes of Pearson wouldnt be better?

Right now I would take anybody over the failing manager whose current record for the last ten games is quite possibly the worst in Europes top divisions!

Maybe we - the players, the manager and the club as a whole (given the work needed on Colney to bring it up to standard) aren''t ready to be a permanent Premier League club just yet.
Maybe it isn''t Alex Neil''s fault, or the player''s fault, etc etc.  Maybe there are just seventeen clubs better than us in our division this season.
I would not be angry or ashamed by that, and I wouldn''t be calling for the axe to fall on a manager who showed he can trounce Championship sides with a decent squad at his disposal.
I haven''t seen a single credible named alternative to AN as manager.  One list had Tim Sherwood and Garry Monk on it.  I''d rather have Robin of Sherwood and Thelonious Monk.
I just don''t understand the rage, the anger, the sense of fury driven from this apparent belief we are a nailed on PL team and are under-performing.  Where does that come from?  Why do you all think that coming up through the playoffs meant we were back for good?
If we go down, we go down.  We''ll be back.  I hope we will be back with AN in charge.
And if we do go down, which is starting to look likely, it would be nice if when we are regularly winning matches again, the likes of Baldyboy, Keith Scott, "TheCanaryFan"etc., would pop up to post their pleasure - just occasionally, of course, so we know you''re still alive and well.

For me it''s not the fact we''re going down, it''s the way we''re going down..

This season was always going to be a struggle but Neil''s shown he''s completely incompetent. Mistake after mistake after mistake.

I genuinely feel he wouldn''t bring us up again.

I don''t see the incompetence or the mistakes that the manager has made.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing, I grant you.
Could you list a few examples of mistakes that looked like mistakes at the time?

You have a problem with listening to what people are saying bor. Quite frankly I have found your hopeless responses to this thread rather embarrassing.

Who are you to question other people''s support? Do you honestly think you are that special?

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]You have a problem with listening to what people are saying bor. Quite frankly I have found your hopeless responses to this thread rather embarrassing.

Who are you to question other people''s support? Do you honestly think you are that special?[/quote]
Quite frankly, your opinion means less to me than a pimple on my backside.