Sign in to follow this  
rock bus

Would anyone accept a humiliating defeat today if it meant a new manager?!?

Put this on another thread but thought it MIGHT warrant its own.

To be clear from the start, I don''t want this. Indeed, I think we should stick by Alex and see him as a long term investment just as we would a younger player.

BUT

I''d be interested to know if many on here would accept a big/humiliating defeat to Man City today if it led to the board sacking Alex??

I think that''s the only way it could happen as after today it will probably too late as we would need someone new in now to ensure we had the momentum before the huge Newcastle and Sunderland games.

As I said at the start there is no way I want this because

A) I think Alex deserves our support after last season

B) he has potency

C) who would we get that''s any better in our current league position?

D) my brother is a Man City fan so for family pride reasons we MUST win today!

OTBC!!

Of course B) should be potential...although he may have potency as well for all I know ;)

Ps is this the only board in the world with no edit facility!?!

Hull....if you read the post I make it quite clear this is the last thing I want!!!!!

This is a discussion board and I just wanted to see what other Norwich fans thought

Chill out!

Don''t be silly. Who are we going to get that''s gonna keep us up then? Is Rafa going to catch the train down from Newcastle?

Nobody will come in and make a difference so we might as well start preparing for the championship. As Burnley and Hull have proven, sticking with your managers and the bulk of the squad you went down with is the best way.

If we can add a decent striker and one more CB to this side, next season should be a breeze

Why do people become infatuated with the idea that changing a manager has any impact on keeping a team in the PL?

Both Villa and Sunderland have done it already this season and both are still in the dog fight.....

And can Benitez really inspire any fight into Newcastle''s attempts to avoid the drop with his own much publicised get out clause should he fail ?

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]No but failure to win at West Brom and time must surely be up. By which point it will be too late.[/quote]

No it won''t. AN should be here next season whichever league we''re in.

[quote user="Baywing"]Why do people become infatuated with the idea that changing a manager has any impact on keeping a team in the PL?

Both Villa and Sunderland have done it already this season and both are still in the dog fight.....[/quote]

Liverpool PPG before/after Rodgers sacking = 1.5/1.6

Chelsea PPG before/after Mourinho sacking = 0.94/1.92

Swansea PPG before/after Monk sacking = 0.93/1.27

Sunderland PPG before/after Advocaat sacking = 0.38/1.05

Villa PPG before/after Sherwood sacking = 0.4/0.63

5 teams to change their managers this season (prior to Maclaren''s sacking. All improved their points per game. Swansea now well clear of any relegation worries and Sunderland in a much better position than they were.

Keep reading people resigned to the fact we''re going down but it''ll be ok as Neil is best placed to get us back up - this assumes our squad doesnt change too much. If today provides a false dawn as so many other times this season and we get nothing from west brom next week then i still think he has to go.