Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Man City Match Thread

With calf and hamstring stains last week - it was always going to be a push for either to be ready for this week - good to see Bamfors and Jarvis starting

All change again, but I suppose it was inevitable due to the loss of Brady, which has implications in both attack as well as defence.

A bit surprised at the inclusion Jarvis, would have preferred a bit more defensiveness against this lot, but at least it gives the player a chance to contradict recent critics. It would be good if he has a ''stormer,'' or at least plays well enough to justify his signing.

Has this eleven got enough fight? Hope so.

Happy enough with that.

Going to miss Brady but my hope will be that Ollson proves himself and then Brady can be played in midfield.

Lot of reliance on Redmond and Hoolahan to create something as the midfielders on the bench are hardly game changers.

Let''s hope we get that first goal (s) and we then just need players to shore it up near the end !!

Looking at that defence it does not fill me with confidence! Hope they all have blinders else we could well suffer badly.

OTBC

you have to wonder what mulumbu has done if he cant even get a start when tettey is injuredat least weve got players in their right positions for a change

City XI: Hart, Sagna, Kompany, Otamendi, Clichy, Fernando, Fernandinho, Navas, Silva, Aguero, Bony

Subs: Willy, Demichelis, Kolarov, Zabaleta, M.Garcia, Sterling, Iheanacho

Far from their strongest side with Sterling missing. Lets just pray Aguero doesn''t ignite.

Expecting a Liverpool type game. Hold on to yer hats! I was hoping for a hooly- Bamford-Redmond combo but never thought he would actually go for it. I''m glad pinto isn''t starting in that back 4.

Why the hell are we not cutting out the passing options for them?? We just seem to stand back from the player who needs marking, thus giving the recipient so much time to make a pass?

Great save from Ruddy, we are starting to keep the ball well, just need to get a ball in behind the defense! Pretty open and level game now.

What''s happened??? Hell, we''re really getting into them now, cutting out their passes, tackling brilliantly and passing well! We really can get something from this if we don''t switch off and let them play their natural game!

Is anybody else watching via NBC? After 20 minutes I asked myself who the hell is this commentator repeatedly slagging Norwich off every 30 seconds. Came to the conclusion it must be Danny Mills. Noone else has such a bitterness about our club that I can think of. 5 minutes later, commentator confirmed as Danny Mills!

Really, some of the stuff he is saying is quite embarrassing. Bitter or what? Trying not to let it wind me up!

Wow, how unlucky was that?? Awesome from Bamford!

TGMD, I really don''t understand his hatred towards us. We gave him his break into professional football, didn''t do a lot for us mind. Maybe he just felt badly treated here but, yea, total knob as far as we''re concerned. Not watching NBC feed BTW, BT sport on my TV.

Shoot, Redmond off, bad news that!

TGMD, I''m watching the same feed and my comments here reflect the same feeling. The guy is perplexed and too dumb to figure outwe have a plan. I hhadn''t thought of it from your angle, that he''s bitter, but that makes sense too.