I think dropping him was necessary but in all honesty I think having done that we then kept him out for 4 or 5 games too many.So glad that he got a clean sheet yesterday

Made a great save getting down quick to the aguero shot. Getting down quick did seem to be one of his biggest criticisms when he was on his poor form.

Totally agree with this comment. I know he was in poor form but so was Declan after 4 games. did not help either with Bassong and Martin playing so dreadfully too

Reality check required!

Big J R made couple of saves and I''m pleased with a clean sheet.

BUT, flapping around in no man''s land a few times instead of catching the ball was just awful . We were very fortunate not to concede, partly due to defenders blocking and partly due to shots going wide / over.

To catch the ball instantly takes all the pressure off and everyone moves upfield.

The free kick more or less hit him rather than being a world class save. He put his hands up, but didn''t have to move to save it.

His goal kicks only just made it over the halfway line.

I was close to Ruddy''s goal in the first half when the incidents I refer to happened. I wasn''t close enough to him in the second half to comment either way.

Don''t think anyone had said it was a world class save from the free kick. It had to be saved and he saved it. What more do you want. Save from aguero was a superb save as it came through the defenders legs and had to get down quick. I can remember one moment where he came out for the ball and didn''t win it. But it wasn''t a mistake and certainly didn''t cost us. If you can criticise any norwich players for yesterday''s performance then that''s a worry for the rest of the season.

No one said he had suddenly become Dino zoff! And he will no doubt make mistakes between now and the end if the season as will every keeper in the league . But he''s a presence and he''s experienced and he''s our best option.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]I didn''t notice too much difference between JR and England''s no. 1[/quote]

Therein lies one of many Problems with England... an average goalkeeper like Joe Hart is deemed number 1.

World class defenders at Man City give him an easy ride. But he flaps more than a bird at crosses and his pinching is terrible!

Jack Butland on the other hand...