Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

Not over yet

I Still believe that we have a chance all bet it slim of surviving.

There are still 5 teams in this relegation race, a slip up or 2 from any of them and down they slide. We need our team to play hard and play like they can and who knows what could happen. We can and have beat any team in this league OTBC

That''s the spirit OP

We have a wonderful Chance of staying up don''t listen to these binners and negative nancies

Let us get behind the team starting with 3 points today

We can do this! Let''s go

Premier league survival here we come. Hell I still fancy us for a mid table finish

Starting today we need to show that it is possible to avoid the drop, not sure we can do it, nothing in the past to give any confidence regarding survival.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Why is realism mistaken for negativity?[/quote]Cusdp''s idea of realism.............http://crooksandliars.com/files/primary_image/15/08/doom-and-gloom.jpg

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Why is realism mistaken for negativity?[/quote]

Please stop this negative nonsense and get behind the team

Yes yes yes yes we can do it yes we can

Let''s go. Go go Canaries

I am planning to attend the game dressed as a cheer leader to get the crowd going today

Not a time to be either optimistic or pessimistic, it''s very much in the balance.

Finklestein in the Times uses percentages to predict games and for today''s encounter he has it as:

Norwich win ....... 17%

Draw ..... 20%

Man. C. win ..... 63%

Which is about right, although a a City supporter I''d go for 20-20-60. (smiley)

Similarly, I would rate our chances of survival as:

Stay up 45%

Relegation 55%

This slightly negative, yet realistic assessment is based upon our recent form, games to come for all three teams and managerial changes. The latter, I feel, gives our opponents a slight edge, although the reverse could happen and we could well benefit from the consistent factor evoked by keeping AN in place.

A gush of positivity from this forum will not make the slightest difference to the outcome of the season. Neither are those who''s glasses are far from empty any the less true City supporters because of their pessimism.

The odds are only slightly against us, as I see it, but with ten games left a lot could happen ...... and it will.

Realism about an unknown can only be judged by the person making the guess and not reality of events. Tagging "realism" to an opinion is only like saying "I read it in the tea leaves".

NN:

"Realism about an unknown can only be judged by the person making the guess and not reality of events. Tagging "realism" to an opinion is only like saying "I read it in the tea leaves"."

As opposed to the "knowns" being our points tally so far this season, our recent form, our remaining fixtures and the managerial changes of our rivals, which could or could not be of benefit to them.

Quite easy to make a realistic assessment from that list, I should think. Even without resort to tea leaves, or whatever.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]No we are not gone but there is no one outside Norfolk that thinks we have much chance and precious few inside Norfolk either[/quote]

Yorkshire, either you have 1) a very wide circle of friends and acquaintances feeding you this input or 2) you have a very negative nature.

I opt for number 2.