Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Bone - Superstar

Best team based on results....

I was wondering what our best team would be based on results this season.

The following is based on 3 points for starting a winning match, 1 point for starting a drawn match, 2 points for scoring a goal in any match and 1 point for coming on as a sub in a winning match.

This is what the team would look like based on this:

Ruddy

Martin

Bennett

Bassong

Brady

Redmond

Howson

Tettey

Hoolahan

Jerome

Mbokani

Subs -

Rudd

O''Neil

Olsson

Dorrans

Wisdom

Whittaker

Jarvis

Obviously the January signings haven''t had a full season to accumulate points but our recent form hasn''t helped them either.

I''m not suggesting that this is the team that we should put out but thought it might be interesting.

Below is the full list of players and points scored:

Hoolahan 34

Brady 31

Redmond 30

Howson 28

Martin 27

Tettey 26

Bassong 26

Jerome 25

Mbokani 17

Ruddy 15

O''Neil 15

Bennett 14

Olsson 12

Rudd 10

Dorrans 10

Wisdom 8

Whittaker 8

Jarvis 7

Naismith 3

Odjidja 2

Mulumbu 2

Klose 2

Maybe also a case for Wes as Player of the Season?

Imo our best team has Naismith in the Wes role, but like what you''ve shown and having watched us play nearly every game since 2008 you''d be absolutely mental to leave Wes out of our side. He can sometimes be awful all game, but then be involved or assist a goal out of nowhere and make the difference.

It''s a shame he''s getting on a bit and he only ever reached his potential late in his career after Lambert took over because we really need him playing all game, every game...Except when holding a narrow lead of course.

No nbs, I just put them in this formation as the players that were eligible for the team based on the points scored would best fit this formation - e.g. Jerome and Mbokani both qualified so were put together up front.

As I stated in the original post, this wouldn''t necessarily be the team I would pick today or for the rest of the season, it was just to illustrate a point.

I also wouldn''t have Wes wide left of a midfield 4 but it''s the only place I could fit him in this team.

[quote user="Jimmy Bone - Superstar"]No nbs, I just put them in this formation as the players that were eligible for the team based on the points scored would best fit this formation - e.g. Jerome and Mbokani both qualified so were put together up front.

As I stated in the original post, this wouldn''t necessarily be the team I would pick today or for the rest of the season, it was just to illustrate a point.

I also wouldn''t have Wes wide left of a midfield 4 but it''s the only place I could fit him in this team.[/quote]

So what is the point you are illustrating?

The point Squit is that these are the players that have most contributed to our successes this season, based on my scoring system.

I''m not trying to do AN''s job for him - just thought it might be interesting but perhaps I shouldn''t have bothered!

[quote user="Jimmy Bone - Superstar"]The point Squit is that these are the players that have most contributed to our successes this season, based on my scoring system.

I''m not trying to do AN''s job for him - just thought it might be interesting but perhaps I shouldn''t have bothered![/quote]

OK, but you do realise that this points scoring system of yours is incredibly flawed?

Klose is clearly a better centre back than Bennett or Martin or Bassong, so effectively discounting him because he joined in January and came in during a poor run is not really helping your statistical argument.
As Gainer says - and I am reluctant to agree with anything that Trump-fellating twunt comes out with - this more or less boils down to an analysis of minutes played.

I agree with your Klose statement Borbyn but as I stated in my original post, the January signings are at a disadvantage, I also said that this isn''t the team that I would select now, it is just to show, taking our positive results, (wins, draws and goals) what our most successful team this season would look like.

Bor

Bennett or Martin or Bassong, so effectively discounting him because he joined in January and came in during a poor run is not really helping your statistical argument.

If you bothered to drag your raggedy ars* down to the Carra you would note that actually Bennet is our best CB , far more mobile than the Arborial Klose , better reader of the game , and able to go with some of the best strikers in the Epl and win the ball , Alexis and Aguerro would confirm this , Klose still has a way to go to prove himself in my eyes .

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]Bor

Bennett or Martin or Bassong, so effectively discounting him because he joined in January and came in during a poor run is not really helping your statistical argument.

If you bothered to drag your raggedy ars* down to the Carra you would note that actually Bennet is our best CB , far more mobile than the Arborial Klose , better reader of the game , and able to go with some of the best strikers in the Epl and win the ball , Alexis and Aguerro would confirm this , Klose still has a way to go to prove himself in my eyes .[/quote]

Klose oozes class. Deservedly motm today. His intelligence on the ball, distribution, reading of the game are impressive.

He''s not got much pace but as I said above his ability to read the game, get him out of that. He never seems to need to win any last ditch tackles.

Unfortunately can''t see him here beyond may if we go down.

This is the revised team based on the same criteria as the original but taking appearances into account.

Not too much different but Howson drops out and is replaced by O''Neil and maybe the biggest surprise is Bennett out and Wisdom in.

Ruddy

Wisdom

Bassong

Martin

Brady

Redmond

O''Neil

Tettey

Hoolahan

Jerome

Mbokani

Subs: