Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

So proud. Not a performance of a relegated team

@GJL Mid-Norfolk CanaryThe starting eleven yesterday was Ruddy; Martin (c), Bennett, Klose, Olsson; Howson, O''Neil; Redmond, Hoolahan, Jarvis; Bamford. I don''t see what selection AN could have made which would have stood more chance of scoring. It''s certainly not the side I would have expected if the sole ambition was to grind out a goal-less draw. As you yourself say, in the event any further ambition was curtailed by Man City''s quality (plus the injury to Redmond). Against weaker opposition, that same eleven, set up in exactly the same way, gives us the best chance of scoring more than we concede and hence getting the points we need -- or to quote Parma: "The shape and patterns were right and there is no reason for them not to

succeed as well or better when more offensive play is desirable and

possible".

well given that we had no alternative but to defend deep and in numbers just to try and stem Man City and had very little opportunity to show any attacking intent, I fail to see how you ,or this fabled "Parma" of which you speak can be in anyway sure that we''ll provide the necessary scoring threat against these upcoming "lesser" sides , whichever team we pick?.....is there really any evidence to suggest that it''ll be any different to a Swansea or Villa at WBA on Saturday from witnessing a resolute backs to the wall display for a near 90 mins?