Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Danny Mills

Was the so called "expert summarizer" on the stream I was watching yesterday. I''ve never heard anyone being so totally anti any team. He criticized every single aspect of our play, every player, the tactics and the Manager and no matter what happened he never missed the opportunity to put us down.It was constant, from the 1st minute right through until the 93rd minute, he never once said anything positive about us and there was not one comment from him about how poor Man C were or why.The actual commentator sounded embarrassed at times by his constant negative comments.This was not an impartial overview of what was happening on the pitch, more like a one man crusade to slag us off no matter what.Not sure what his gripe is with us is but if AN gets a copy of that stream then it would definitely inspire the players even more. 

Danny Mills is a bitter ( unt. Anyone who pays attention to his football punditry has a problem anyway.

Must be sad when the gravy train days are over and the only way to get yourself noticed is by being controversial. I would imagine living in Leeds for while didn''t do wonders for his intellectual prowess.

Mills has always been a pr!ck of the highest order.

We gave him his big break in the game and his ''dream'' move to Charlton. A little bit of respect wouldn''t go amiss.

He''s a local man. I''d guess someone on here might have known him when he was younger. Why is he so bitter towards us?

You''re right Jas, how can anyone be so bitter and twisted without being eternally grateful, that he made a very good living out of a job that he had no talent for?

What a traitor a long critical tirade First Half comment in relation to Man City Goals. It''s not a matter of when its how many. Half time comment it will be like the defeat of Aston Villa last week 0-0 half time, 4-0 full time to Man City.

Turning T V sound down and canary world commentary up it was like a different game.

I have no respect for the man who owes his entry into Professional Football to Norwich City and now slates the club in such a derogatory manner.

Most of the PL games I watch are foreign channels, so I can''t understand what they''re saying apart from the odd word and player''s names. I actually prefer it like this, as I''m not distracted by stupid comments from the likes of Danny Mills or Michael Owen.

As local sportsmen go and i use that expression loosely he is right up there with that other idiot Herbie Hide.

Danny Mills is up there with Chris Sutton and Robbie Savage in being the worst pundits we have to put up with, they seem to think the more controversial and negatively critical they can be the better they are at what they do when in actual fact the opposite is true. Horrendous to listen to whoever you support. Sky seem to have some of the better ones although they themselves have one or two muppets also.

Didn''t see it but it doesn''t surprise me - Mills has always hated us although I think it''s Norwich and Norfolk in general more than the club, almost as if he''s ashamed of his roots.
He''s always struck me as someone who despite all the money and fame is still very insecure and unsure of his own ability or worth. He''s probably aware that he''s massively over achieved in his professional and media career and lashing out at people is how he copes with it.
The fact that he would try to put the knife into Stuart Pearce 10 years after he felt Pearce wronged him shows you exactly what kind of man he is. To be honest I''m rather glad he doesn''t associate himself with us.

I watched the same stream for the second half (don''t hate me, I''m not well at the moment).

I was quite surprised by his commentary - he essentially seemed to be furious that we aren''t a much better team with much more expensive players. I was quite amused by his Nostradamus impressions - "you can''t let David Silva have that much space and not be punished" - "it''s only a matter of time before Man City score" - "this just simply isn''t good enough, Man City are going to punish them". Most bizarrely, he wanted the same set of players that he felt had a total lack of quality to suddenly be able to calmly play the ball out fro the back when under siege - he was livid whenever we cleared our lines in the vague direction of Bamford. Whilst I agree that Bamford was never going to be able to do much with the service he got, Mills totally missed that we had an obvious game plan which was to park a bus for 90 minutes. The chump.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]As local sportsmen go and i use that expression loosely he is right up there with that other idiot Herbie Hide.[/quote]

👍

Saw him scurry out of the Jarrold after the match yesterday looking somewhat nervous! Don''t understand his problem with us, bit of a shame really.

[quote user="Haggerdoo"]He was 5hit when he played too - love this clip when Thiery Henry showed him up to be the conference standard player he really was - enjoy this[/quote]Thanks Haggerdoo...........I did.

jas the barclay king wrote the following post at 2016-03-13 12:47 PM:

Mills has always been a pr!ck of the highest order.

We gave him his big break in the game and his ''dream'' move to Charlton. A little bit of respect wouldn''t go amiss.

He''s a local man. I''d guess someone on here might have known him when he was younger. Why is he so bitter towards us?

Probably to do with the way he left the club, which was under a HUGE cloud, very likely to do with an (alleged) assault in a certain fish/chip shop I believe!

You can understand constructive criticism from pundits & summarizers because that''s what they''re paid to do.But his comments yesterday were not at all constructive nor were they balanced. They were more like a personal attack on the Club, the players & the Manager.I''m sure he was absolutely gutted that we managed to stop Man C scoring and got a point from the game.It probably ruined his day. Shame [:D]

I was wondering who that biased knob was, now it makes perfect sense. The OP''s summary is absolutely spot on, he didn''t say one good thing about our performance, a really rather embarrassing showing from a so called pundit.

Pundits are ex players not good enough to be managers so their "expert analysis" is not worth listening to.

But it is beyond me how Mills got and keeps that job.

Nasty little man with a grudge against the club that gave him a career.