Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Great performance from team and fans today

Not a lot of noise from the fans, but they seemed to realize what the tv commentary didnt, which was AN had a plan and it was executed to near perfection (a goal for us would''ve been perfection).

Seeing so many fans rolling their arms was amusing.

Gainer

Not a lot of noise from the fans, but they seemed to realize what the tv commentary didnt, which was AN had a plan and it was executed to near perfection (a goal for us would''ve been perfection).

Remind me again where you sit in the ground ?

Oh ! That''s right , you don''t !

The crowd was pretty vociferous today ,, you are confusing the fact that most microphones are in fron of the ( paltry ) away support ,

Who today mustered a song or two all match .

Our supporters sang most of the game ( snake pit and Barclay obviously)

Are you deliberately a f*ckin tw*t ?

A superb performance by the lads today and their fighting spirit showed that AN still has the backing of his players. Klose was really excellent at the back and looked solid in partnership with Bennett. Russ martin was excellent also today and Olssen did well on his return to the side. I liked the look of Bamford and feel he''d do really well playing of Jerome up front if AN ever went to a 442 formation. Bamford is a physically a bit lightweight to play the lone strike role although he has good pace.

let''s hope the lads can reproduce this spirit and the lack of glaring mistakes in the remaining games this season. if they can then it''s not all over yet.

My comment about fan noise is based on what I hear not only from Carrow Road but also other stadiums. Unless ours is the only stadium where microphones are aimed solely at the visiting fans. Just today, the Stoke game had a lot more noise than ours. Bournemouth was about on par with us.

Barclay Seat, BS, if you''re in the crowd, you can''t really tell how loud it is except in your direct vicinity. I''m bright enough to figure that out. So for all the name calling aimed at me, it''s you morons who don''t get it.

Try again. Or shut the he ll up. Ya, don''t try. Just shut up.

Gainer the Gopher, matters not if you were there or not, your assessment is far more accurate than Barclay noisy seats.

I was in the Barclay as always, there was hardly any singing in the first half. A first half where our team were putting in a decent performance against a top team.To be fair some tried getting it going. There was an uplift in the second half. Overall an improved performance from our fans.

I cannot understand how anyone would think there was plenty of noise from our fans, today or most of the season. Perhaps those who disagree are singing and making a lot of noise themselves they don''t realise that the majority of the stand aren''t joining in. Either that or we have some over inflated fan egos, deaf fans, recent fans who don''t know better, fans with earphones in or fans with low standards.

Gopher

You really want to stop this stuff about crowd noise, no idea what it was like on TV and I don''t care, all I can tell you is that the whole of the ground was rocking today. Not every second of the game, but there were long periods when the atmosphere was great.

If that didn''t come across on your stream that a shame for you, but take it from those that were there, it was very good today.

Was a good atmosphere yesterday and that came from what the players were giving on the pitch. There''s been times where the atmosphere has been poor but you can''t say that about yesterday.

It was definitely better in the Stoke game, and about on par with Bournemouth, Mr J.

No, the players and manager don''t lie about it. They''re unlikely going to criticize a full stadium for a team that hasn''t won in a while, and probably really appreciate the full house witb that in mind. Most stadiums wouldn''t be getting max capacity in such instances.

However, in comparison to other stadiums, ours is often relatively quiet.

When we were at Leicester, their crowd was moribund, so it''s not just us for noise. Palace always seems to be hopping, Sunderland sits half empty.

Obviously at the game there''s the excitement factor which puts your senses on high alert so everything seems even livelier but from my living room 6000 miles away, with access to every Perm game showing live on NBC Sports, it''s pretty obvious the noise at a lot of other stadiums is definitely more consistently loud. Our chants get loud but they are brief and less frequent (or maybe less organized?) than others.

You can''t judge from the TV Gopher. Some of the apparent noise will depend on location of sound equipment etc.

A few years ago when I went to Old Trafford for the first time I was amazed how quiet it was yet in those days at least when Utd. were on the telly it always sounded as if the atmosphere was great there.

If you''re in the ground you hear it as it is, albeit influenced by the area you sit in, if your listening on the telly your only getting what they chose to broadcast which isn''t necessarily a true reflection.

I agreed to your point earlier, Jenkins, about mic placement. I''m only giving a viewpoint of someone who has access to all the games from one vantage point, my couch.

If misc are placed quite differently from one stadium to the next, you have to wonder why. Why make White Hart Lane sound crazyloud and Carrow Road not? Maybe you were in a quiet part of WHL.

For people around the world watching EPL, Carrow Road doesn''t come across as all that lively. Better mic placement might gain us a bit more attention. Crapple Palace crowds have been noticed by people I chat with over here.

Eh? Well rather than relying on dodgy streams or whatever, I can tell you from travelling away over the years that our stadium is no louder or quieter than 99% of other stadiums i''ve been too. In fact, when the players give us fans something to get our claws into, I generally find Carrow Road louder than a large proportion of other grounds.

How someone who wasn''t at the game can argue with several people who were about the level of noise is beyond me!

Is it to do with having such an over inflated ego that they believe they know better even when that can''t be possible?

Ive explained how twice, Hairy. I think the problem is that you''re stupid. I''m comparing Carrow Road noise to other stadiums as heard by tv audiences around the world. Typically, it''s less raucous than a lot of others. Were you at all the stadiums at the same time? I flip channels so can see and hear all of them. Nobody at any of the games can do that. Their viewpoint is skewed.

I don''t know if I can dumb it down any further for you.

Bless.

You see the point is that you stubbornly pushing a point you can''t prove just reinforces the point that you have a huge ego you can''t see around. The more you protest the more it shows. Have another go and you''ll see I''m right.

What you hear on tv is the noise picked up from the microphones at the ground. If the mic is placed near the away support when they''re winning (a-la Southampton) it will sound loud. If it''s placed near the away support of a team having a disappointing game (a-la Man City) it won''t sound so loud. You don''t know where the microphones are placed at all these games and neither do I. Also sometimes crowd noise is turned up or down to compliment the commentary. In short it''s not an accurate reflection.

Here''s the but..... But what I know and you don''t know is that the support yesterday was loud at times because I was actually there. Point reinforced by AN and player tweets.

Just bemused by someone who is convinced that because he watches lots of Prem games on TV on the other side of the world, he has a better idea of the relative noise levels in different stadiums than people at the games. Unbelievable naivety.

I have to say I am surprised how some see (or hear) it.

I stick by what I said, in my opinion there was hardly any singing in the first half despite the character and performance of our team.

The atmosphere grew in the second half as it became more likely that we could get a result and as Oh CJ correctly states it was coming from what the players were giving on the pitch.

The overriding memory is of an entertaining game, great performance and a well earned, unlikely result.

I can understand how that has clouded reality and fans'' memory of the whole game, manager and player alike.

The OP - "Great performance from team and fans today"

I agree about the team but it''s a no from me for the fans. How can that be described as a great performance by fans? If it was then it undermines some great fan performances of the past.

When I look in the mirror I can see how ugly I am, some fans must have ones that tell them how wonderful they are. Get an honest mirror, it''s good for the soul.