Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Our Carbon Footprint.

You will find these on your seats tomorrow. Would cost you 5p in a supermarket so no regard for our carbon footprint. [:D][;)]

A useful dual purpose item.

Something to use to carry a selection of sausage rolls and pasties into the ground from Morrisons.

Is this the best the 7th highest paid CEO can come up with, flimsy plastic bags that could blow in the wind the length and breadth of Norfolk.

Mrs R, who will be with me today, said, "but men don''t do plastic bags", who am I to argue

Do we all have to pay the 5p on the way out, another money making scheme from above!

I choose to find this quite pathetic.

Plus (I must be on a crusade) "When instructed", who hell do you think you are?

How about, when requested over the tanoy, could you please....

There have been debates on here re fans, supportrs, customers, etc. so what do you call someone who pays for the privilege of being ordered what to do, a submissive I guess.

Should help us ''bag'' a few goals.......

.......and please dispose (or retain) the bags sensibly......

.......as we may require them again, next season.......

"The whole concept of carbon footprints is nonsensical fantasy"?

Ermmmm "carbon footprint" is just a measure - or do you also think "miles per hour" is also a non-nonsensical fantasy?

I think you are referring to the ongoing debate around potential long term climate change as a result of average carbon footprint being beyond the biosphere ability to process excess carbon dioxide? Whatever your view on this (which could be the same as mine) - doesn''t mean the concept of a "carbon footprint" is fantasy.

If we''d only kept Howie.. wrote the following post at 13 Mar 2016 12:38 PM:

"The whole concept of carbon footprints is nonsensical fantasy"?

Ermmmm "carbon footprint" is just a measure - or do you also think "miles per hour" is also a non-nonsensical fantasy?

I think you are referring to the ongoing debate around potential long term climate change as a result of average carbon footprint being beyond the biosphere ability to process excess carbon dioxide? Whatever your view on this (which could be the same as mine) - doesn''t mean the concept of a "carbon footprint" is fantasy.

Don''t fall for the little sh1te''s pea brain fluff or as they say in Lucian Kweyol ''Ou ka pale kouyon''. The only fantasy is it''s belief that it has any connection to our fine city.

The phrase often used by the good and the great when figures / stats are wheeled out in support of their argument is "since records began"

The records began middle of 19th century, 150 years ago, approximately.

Most important people suggest that the planet has been around for 1000s or even 1000000s of years, during which time the cycles of weather / temperature etc have gone up and down, round and round.

So, since records began would appear to the uneducated like me, to be an extremely short period of time to base decisions on, in fact, like a flea on an elephant''s back, it doesn''t matter if the flea has a V8 petrol engine in his 4x4, not really gonna make a difference in the long term.

[quote user="Number 9"]The phrase often used by the good and the great when figures / stats are wheeled out in support of their argument is "since records began"

The records began middle of 19th century, 150 years ago, approximately.

Most important people suggest that the planet has been around for 1000s or even 1000000s of years, during which time the cycles of weather / temperature etc have gone up and down, round and round.

So, since records began would appear to the uneducated like me, to be an extremely short period of time to base decisions on, in fact, like a flea on an elephant''s back, it doesn''t matter if the flea has a V8 petrol engine in his 4x4, not really gonna make a difference in the long term.[/quote]Whether climate change, carbon footprints etc, are genuine or not, whatever your stance maybe, surely anything that will help us stop making a mess of the planet, for future generations can only be a good thing.

Oh, and most, if not all ''important'' people would suggest the planet has been around for billions of years.

Well it can be measured, and it isn''t that difficult to calculate (certainly within an order of magnitude)..

I still think you are confusing the term "carbon footprint" with the debate about climate change.

Its bit like someone saying there is no such thing as "mph" when discussing speed limits or the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre (of course people need access to Dixons!!)..

Where do you live, Herman? What mess are we leaving the planet in? It''s platitudes like yours that are intended to keep sense out of the debate. There are small messes here and there (dumps, slag, Chyrnoble) but most of our impact has been positive and made life longer, healthier, easier and more enjoyable. If you want to go back to hunting and gatheting, go for it. I like how we''ve used the gifts of nature to make life comfortable. Just because a forest was turned into farmland doesn''t mean it''s worse, just different.

Gainer the Gopher, that''s probably the stupidest thing i''ve read in the history of this forum.

Most of our impact has been positive? lol! How have you come to that conclusion? Whilst we''re making our own lifes "easier" and "more enjoyable" we''re definitely not doing the same for the planets future!

Tell me how we''ve ruined the planet Stan. We''ve improved it by making it more liveable, comfortable, healthful, easier to transit. Those changes are provable.

What changes have we made that will negatively affect future generations and the future of the planet itself? No platitudes, either.

[quote user="STAN"]Gainer the Gopher, that''s probably the stupidest thing i''ve read in the history of this forum.[/quote]
Search his user ID, and you''ll find plenty of contenders.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Tell me how we''ve ruined the planet Stan. We''ve improved it by making it more liveable, comfortable, healthful, easier to transit. Those changes are provable.

What changes have we made that will negatively affect future generations and the future of the planet itself? No platitudes, either.[/quote]
Dude, you do get that the planet was around before humans were?
And that if you ignore everything humans have done in the interests of making life easier for humans (which it is) then it is possible that all those changes have had a cumulatively negative effect on the planet and the other ecosystems and creatures we share it with?
This will require you to think, so take your time and get back to me.

[quote user="Jeremy Borbyn"][quote user="STAN"]Gainer the Gopher, that''s probably the stupidest thing i''ve read in the history of this forum.[/quote]
Search his user ID, and you''ll find plenty of contenders.
[/quote]
[:D]