Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Good to read.

AN''s comments after the Citeh game, as reported in the Times (and perhaps elsewhere.)

"The problem I have is that I''m a bit of a football purist. I like the ball to be on the ground and for goals to be scored and for the game to be wide open, but I think what we''ve got to realise is who you are playing against and when you''re capable of doing that and when you''re not"

What supporter wouldn''t want to hear his/her team''s manager be reported in that way? It also sums up the way Alex''s approach has evolved as the season has progressed. That learning curve that many allude to.

I know that some on here are keen to see him replaced but I feel that the majority, like me, would be anxious to keep him on, warts and all, should we succumb to the worst outcome this season.

I, for one, would consider AN a force to be reckoned with if we had to contend with Championship football next season and would hope his retention heralds a period of valuable stability in the managerial role.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]AN''s comments after the Citeh game, as reported in the Times (and perhaps elsewhere.)

"The problem I have is that I''m a bit of a football purist. I like the ball to be on the ground and for goals to be scored and for the game to be wide open, but I think what we''ve got to realise is who you are playing against and when you''re capable of doing that and when you''re not"

What supporter wouldn''t want to hear his/her team''s manager be reported in that way? It also sums up the way Alex''s approach has evolved as the season has progressed. That learning curve that many allude to.

I know that some on here are keen to see him replaced but I feel that the majority, like me, would be anxious to keep him on, warts and all, should we succumb to the worst outcome this season.

I, for one, would consider AN a force to be reckoned with if we had to contend with Championship football next season and would hope his retention heralds a period of valuable stability in the managerial role.[/quote][Y]

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]The Scottish Mourinho..........[/quote]
Who needs Mourinho, we''ve got Alex Neil-ee-oh?

" ........ I think what we''ve got to realise is who you are playing against and when you''re capable of doing that and when you''re not."Well, on the evidence of this season, EPL teams we are capable of doing it against are somewhat scarce. More pertinent would be a more effective Plan B for all the games when we aren''t capable. Who wants to be "purist" in the Championship?