Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

2015/16 - a history making season

Lowest points total ever to win the PL?First time the title is not won by one of the Big 4?First time Newcastle & Sunderland get relegated in the same season?First time all 3 promoted sides survive?Who knows?

all three promoted teams have already stayed up, twice if I recall correctly

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]all three promoted teams have already stayed up, twice if I recall correctly[/quote]Correct 2001/2 - Blackburn, Fulham, Bolton2011/2 - QPR, Swansea & NorwichAs for Blackburn winning, whilst they weren''t one of The Big 4 they were just about the richest Club in the PL at the time

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Well Leicester are hardly paupers considering their owner pledged£180m to get into the top 5.[/quote]I agree but even given their investment it was still a lot easier to win the PL in 1994/5 than it is now God damn man, we nearly won it in 1992/3

Maybe this will be the first time we get into a serious relegation battle.........and survive! Or the first time we go into the last game with our destiny in our own hands and actually win it.

Or maybe the next game will be the first time our current manager names an unchanged line up in the PL.

The history making options seem endless!!

"Maybe this will be the first time we get into a serious relegation battle.........and survive!"

I''d suggest we were in a fairly serious relegation battle at the end of Hughton''s first season, we were very precarious before the WBA game on the penultimate match and were fortunate the opposition turned up with beack towels and flip flops, the win at Man City the following week slightly further masked what trouble we were in.

[quote user="The Engineer"]@otb alas Crystal Palace have already been relegated 4 times... 1992-93/94-95/97-98/04-05[/quote]

Apologies, my (and Sky''s) mistake.