Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Dont change it and Wes every game!

Excellent yesterday, who would have thought no Bassong or Martin at CB, Bennett, and a LB at LB would work so well. What a shocker.

How it''s taken AN this long to figure out is beyond me.

Barring injuries we simply must not change the defence again for the rest of the season. Our biggest downfall has been the revolving door defence and Bassong Martin playing a big central part of it.

The Newcastle debacle should have been the last time we ever saw them two together at CB. Not to mention Brady at LB too. He''s far too attack minded and shouldn''t be there.

Bennett and Klose were superb, proper centre backs. The lack of pace isn''t an issue when your good defender, just ask Huth and Morgan. Olsson back at LB and Martin the only place he should ever be and we finally had a proper defence.

Wes needs to play every game too. I don''t like this away game mentality that we can''t play our best attacking players and we simply must be more defensive and respectful. You don''t see Ozil and Mahrez and Silva sacrificed in tough away games.

I know there better teams but for me the principal is the same, play your best team and best players as much and as consistently as you can.

And play square pegs in square holes.

So AN please please please don''t change the defence and play Wes every game.

"principal" -adj.

First, highest, or foremost in importance, rank, worth, or degree; chief."principle" -n. A basic truth, law, or assumption: the principles of democracy.

Yours pedantically.

For what it''s worth I wouldn''t play Wes every game. I would personally like to see Mbokani and Bamford start together. That pairing would give you the mobility, the hold-up play and the creativity that at times we often lack.

Ha I agree re Mbokani''s mobility. When he came on Saturday he looked like he had been running about for 70 minutes already. That''s why he has been going with Jerome as of late.