Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

What goes on at the training ground?

Forget about the Worthy out campaign and can someone answer me the above question.

Obviously from the Worthy mantra they do a lot of fitness work.

But when if ever have you seen a set move from the training ground showing some inventiveness?

Why are we so poor at set plays, why can''t we get crosses?

Other teams seem to come up with some ideas, its just a thought.

By the way I am definitely in the Worthy out camp, but have been there for at least 3 years, I remember with relish the stylish wingplay of Fox, Gordon and Eadie which are now just a distant memory, which created chances a plenty.

[quote]Forget about the Worthy out campaign and can someone answer me the above question. Obviously from the Worthy mantra they do a lot of fitness work. But when if ever have you seen a set move from the ...[/quote]

Lots of running and plenty of injuruies but limited ball work.

gazzathegreat occassionally puts a summery of what she has seen and they are well worth a read - I think her last review was aroound the watford game, (for which she was unfairly criticised) and explains some of why we are where we are.

OTBC 

Pete

Go on up there if you are local to Norwich, you will be made most welcome, and can watch all the training too. 

Largely it consists of five a sides, eight a sides, however many are fit to play figure in the games.  There is sometimes set play work, free kicks, a lot of work on corners, goalies have their own training - to be honest at the moment a lot of players are with Neil Reynolds on light training and jogging around the pitch.  The players will all speak to you and are friendly and polite. 

I have been up there a few times this season and it starts about ten and finishes two hours later, as an approximate guide, though you can check with the club before setting off.