Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 32

I''ve picked four ''bankers'' and two around the 1/2 area, to return around £30 if successful. I looked at the result sequences and tried to avoid any which seemed to be ''stretching their luck''.Hull are the only one of the six who aren''t quite in form, but seem due a win and MK Dons due a loss. I have seen Hull this season against Fulham and they seemed to be a cut above typical Championship standard. My own pick is Universitario, a top Peruvian team.

Match; B365 Odds; W/HILL odds; day & timeBarcelona v Getafe ; 1/16; 1/25; Sat 15:00Hull City v MK Dons; 4/11; 2/5; Sat 15:00Bayern v Werder Bremen; 1/8; 1/10; Sat 17:30Universitario v Alianza Atletico; 8/15; 11/20; Sun 21:00AEK Athens v Panthrakikos; 1/7; 1/8; Mon 17:30Benfica v Tondela; 1/9; 1/10; Mon 20:00

Before I forget, here''s who suggested the other five.....Barcelona - norfolkbroadslimHull City - Hissing Sid & cityangelBayern - Lessingham Canary & Swindon CanaryAEK Athens - Mr AngryBenfica - Feedthewolf & Cosmic Twin

Firstly I hope you''re ok Statto.

Thank you for stepping up 93 Vintage and for being there Purple.

I love these! I think we have a great chance this weekend. I''ve placed them with Bill Hill and the potential return is £30.72. Here are the details : -

Barcelona - - 1/25

Hull - 2/5

Bayern - 1/10

Universitario - 11/20

AEK Athens - 1/8

Benfica - 1/10

Good luck everyone :)

We need a goal from Hull. Barcelona are one up early but Messi missed a penalty.

Well done Vintage for stepping in, and in such a thorough manner.

Let''s hope that Hull can find a winner in injury time.

P.S: It does look like Nutty will have lot''s of time to complete the standings this weekend.

Unlucky Vintage and bravo for stepping in so professionally. Hopefully we can get 5 from 6 so we can at least salvage something from the weekend.

I really hope statto is ok, If you read this please let us know.

This thread is all about raising money for a charitable cause and is not intended for those who seek self gratification. I have strived this season to promote this by looking at the bigger picture. However these pasts few weeks it has been obvious to me that those sitting at the top of the league have picked for personal gain. This week i picked to give the best value for money........no 1/25 or 1/9 for me which would give the CSF and those wonderful kids next to nothing. I chose to sacrifice myself for the greater cause which resulted in failure but i hold no shame.Onwards and upwards next week. A look in the mirror might prove beneficial for those that mock at my momentary lapse.

First and foremost here''s hoping Statto is ok. It''s a bit worrying we''ve had no post.

Well done Cosmic. Every little helps. When Cam came on I did allow myself to dream that he''d score the winner in the last minute. (Preferably from the penalty spot).

Unlucky 93v and thanks again for stepping up to the plate. The spirit on these threads is amazing and I always no that someones ready to help me if needed.

But I think I set the tone for what happened by messing up on Wednesday. We were doomed to fail after that.

Finally Lakey emailed be to tell me he''s taking a break from the board and had his account on the pink un closed. He sent us a donation of £20 as a parting gift and said like the rest of us he''s proud to be a PUP - "Best wishes with PUPS, it''s been a pleasure to be involved with and contribute

to it - and keep up the good work!" I told him I hoped he''d be back in the future and Lakey''s promised to come and see us in the Nelson when he next makes a game. I respect his decision but never like losing a PUP.

That £20 will go straight into the presentation pot along with Cosmic''s £1.36 so here''s the latest totals updated on Ray''s signature : -

Carve their

names with pride.Yankee,5,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork,2, Inch High,5,

Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim,3,

Norfolkchance1,2, Scooby,3, Trent Canary,3, Cosmic Twin,4, Graham Humphrey,

Leedscanary,3, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox,2, Lappinitup,

Statto, Mandie Moo,2, Mr Bump, Kathy,2, Til1010, Snake-eyes, Vindo,2, NWC,

Hughesy, Gregt, GMF,2, SwindonCanary, Twidio, Hector Brockelbank, Lake District

Canary, Bor Bor Bor, Yellowfuture, Chellecity, yes Norfolkchance1 £2038 for the

Academy, and £1354 for the Community Sports Foundation.

And with the

Norwich match bet. Splutcho, jb,2, Redders Right Foot,2, Hector Brockelbank,

Blahblahblah,2, Can u sit down please, Til1010, Mandie Moo’s Mear Kat,

Crabbycanary,2, Paul, Stewfil, Parma Ham’s gone mouldy, Bor Bor Bor, Mr Apples,

Woostercanary, City-til-I-die, The Great Drinkell, nutty,2, Feedthewolf,

Lappinitup,2, NWC, Wes Hooly Fan, Twidio, Ray, PUPanon, Molly Windley,

93vintage, ClareW, Van Wink, Cityangel, AJ, Norfolkchance1,Yellowfuture, Graham

Humphrey, Diesel Doris, Duncan Edwards, Legend Iwan, YorkshirePudding, Kathy, Platonic,

Cosmic Twin, yes PUPs £629 for the Community Sports Foundation.

And with £768

for the CSF from the Pink Un Pledges and donations we now have a total of £4789

since we began of which £1264 is already

banked for the next presentation.

Just had another email. This point against Man City activated another fiver from Wooster''s pre-season pledge. Thanks Wooster, we now have : -

And with £773

for the CSF from the Pink Un Pledges and donations we now have a total of £4794

since we began of which £1269 is already

banked for the next presentation.

I''d forgotten about the ''under 3.5 goals''! £1.36 is better than nothing. Like you Nutty, I was willing Jerome on during those last few minutes!

Unlucky 93vintage. 🙁

I hope Statto is okay, he''s a regular and I''d imagine unlikely to plain forget or not update without reason.I did look at Portsmouth for one of the 1/2 shots, but thought they were stretching their luck against a side that blows hot and cold. Tilly was (and still is) doing well in both tables, which shows he''s useful to other pickers. This is not the case with myself, as I''ve yo-yoed up and down the profitability table with very few picks under evens. Ironically, my pick this week is probably the shortest odds I''ve ever picked.Hull have failed, but hopefully the remaining teams win and we can still have fun watching big teams playing at home in big stadiums. At least my suggestion of under 3.5 goals for the Norwich bet turned out quite well :)

[quote user="TIL 1010"]This thread is all about raising money for a charitable cause and is not intended for those who seek self gratification. I have strived this season to promote this by looking at the bigger picture. However these pasts few weeks it has been obvious to me that those sitting at the top of the league have picked for personal gain. This week i picked to give the best value for money........no 1/25 or 1/9 for me which would give the CSF and those wonderful kids next to nothing. I chose to sacrifice myself for the greater cause which resulted in failure but i hold no shame.Onwards and upwards next week. A look in the mirror might prove beneficial for those that mock at my momentary lapse.[/quote]Haha are you serious?! Last year you picked practically nothing but bankers and took great delight in lording it over everyone with your ''victory''! I appreciate that a lot of it is done in good humour, but to say this thread ''is not intended for those who seek self gratification'' while still coming on here to gloat every time your pick comes in is laughable.Last year I was light-heartedly poking fun at you for picking bankers to keep yourself ahead of the chasing pack... and now you are accusing other people of the same thing, only in much more aggressive terms!I find your post grossly distasteful and would request that you think about what this thread is about before sanctimoniously chastising ''fellow'' PUPs.

I really think you need to lighten up Wolfie as anyone who knows me that takes part is this thread takes my posts for what they are mate and that is mickey taking.. Aggressive most certainly not just banter so please take them as they were intended. I cannot see those they who have been on the receiving end of my jibes getting uptight about it especially nbs,Lessingham and the girlies.Come on mate just cool down. [{]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I really think you need to lighten up Wolfie as anyone who knows me that takes part is this thread takes my posts for what they are mate and that is mickey taking.. Aggressive most certainly not just banter so please take them as they were intended. I cannot see those they who have been on the receiving end of my jibes getting uptight about it especially nbs,Lessingham and the girlies.Come on mate just cool down. [{][/quote]I''m calm, Tilly, and I apologise if you feel my original post was overly confrontational. I had plenty of banter on this thread with you last season (when I was actually competitive rather than being a no-hoper!), and I know that the ladies take your pseudo-sexist ramblings in the spirit in which they are intended.I just feel that to accuse other posters of putting their own gain ahead of raising money for the PUPs is really quite uncalled for. Whether anyone else agrees with me or not, I stand by that point of view.I have no desire to get into ugly arguments on here, and least of all on this thread, so let''s just call it quits and get back to raising as much money as we can.Good luck for the rest of the season. [Y]

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]All good fun / banter, no offence given and none taken, all for the same cause..................now where are those league tables ??[/quote]I am sure Nutty will get round to them in his own good time Lessingham. [:P]

You do come across as if you are lording it over everyone else Till and it can be very irritation on a thread that''s should be demonstrating a camaraderie of intention and good will.

Life would be very boring if everybody was the same. Yes, this thread is all about friendliness, team spirit, raising money for a good cause and also having fun.

There''s nothing wrong with a bit of friendly, healthy, banter and competition. Yes we congratulate each other, try to raise morale, have a good spirit. But we also have a league table, well 2 league tables now, which has added an extra dimension and an extra bit of fun, but the main aim remains to raise money for a great cause.

I don''t think anyone has lost sight of that and certainly not Tilly.

I am surprised that 2 people now have taken it this way, perhaps things do ocassionally get lost in translation through the written word rather than face to face, but I wouldn''t want anyone to change on this thread. It''s what makes this thread what it is, from purple''s obscure picks to the famous "here''s hoping for both a PUP''s and a city win".

It''s friendly banter. It doesn''t take away (and we don''t forget) from the who (Ray) and the why (raising money) and the extras (having fun and making friends).

It''s not to be taken seriously, it''s done in jest, tongue in cheek a pantomine if you will. I see Tilly as the friendly pantomine villain and I love it when he''s trying to lord it one week only to end up with egg on his face the next!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Life would be very boring if everybody was the same. Yes, this thread is all about friendliness, team spirit, raising money for a good cause and also having fun.

There''s nothing wrong with a bit of friendly, healthy, banter and competition. Yes we congratulate each other, try to raise morale, have a good spirit. But we also have a league table, well 2 league tables now, which has added an extra dimension and an extra bit of fun, but the main aim remains to raise money for a great cause.

I don''t think anyone has lost sight of that and certainly not Tilly.

I am surprised that 2 people now have taken it this way, perhaps things do ocassionally get lost in translation through the written word rather than face to face, but I wouldn''t want anyone to change on this thread. It''s what makes this thread what it is, from purple''s obscure picks to the famous "here''s hoping for both a PUP''s and a city win".

It''s friendly banter. It doesn''t take away (and we don''t forget) from the who (Ray) and the why (raising money) and the extras (having fun and making friends).

It''s not to be taken seriously, it''s done in jest, tongue in cheek a pantomine if you will. I see Tilly as the friendly pantomine villain and I love it when he''s trying to lord it one week only to end up with egg on his face the next![/quote]In hindsight this may well have been misinterpretation on my part - it was something about the way the post was worded that led me to believe Tilly was genuinely annoyed at other posters for picking short-odds bankers. It seemed different in tone to his usual posts, and I have never once taken issue with his posts in this thread before - personally I find his mock superiority annoying and a bit crass, but (as with many others on here!) I can happily ignore things I don''t like.If everyone else is happy to move on and brush this under the carpet, I''m more than happy to forget I ever said anything. I''m sure Tilly himself would agree that I''m not the kind of poster that often gets angry towards other posters, and perhaps if he reads it again he can see how I interpreted it the way I did. Apologies again if I caused any offence.

Indeed Wolfie we can all move on once Nutty puts up this weeks league tables............Oh hang on a minute maybe that''s not such a good idea. [:''(]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Indeed Wolfie we can all move on once Nutty puts up this weeks league tables............Oh hang on a minute maybe that''s not such a good idea. [:''(][/quote]Looking forward to those tables already... I might even break into the top 30 with a positive result for Benfica tomorrow night! [;)]