Sign in to follow this  
LinkNR9

Nice One, Delia! (A long read, but stick with it!).

We should have seen this coming after Joe Ferrari''s barbed message on the official message board earlier. It inferred that we plebs should be eternally grateful to Delia & Co for ''saving the Club from extinction'' and that we cretins don''t deserve an opinion on the way that the team''s being managed. Funny how the Club is happy to take our season ticket money and our money from shares and merchandise to swell the coffers. But when fans - like the ones who paid up to three figures of their hard earned cash to watch some abysmal performances this season - really kick up a fuss after 11 wins in 53 games, we''re treated with a contempt that is staggering. We have so much to be grateful to Delia and Co for, but I sense that the events of today will harm our Club substantially - not the decision to back Worthington, but the way in which it has been handled.      

The Board is now treating us like cretins. There seems to me to be an arrogance towards the fans that is infuriating, although not entirely new. Delia''s aggressive half time rant to the fans against Man City (it should have been Worthington you shouted at, not the fans). Worthington''s "I don''t care what the fans think" a couple of weeks ago. Ferrari''s apparently condescending swipe at the fans today.

I sincerely believe that the decision today to back Worthington is an error on the Board''s part. Delia''s correct, a good manager doesn''t become a bad manager overnight - Worthington''s managing to stretch it out to a season and a half. We will now struggle in mid-table for the next few seasons, giving a lie to the Board''s claim for ambition.

I think that the Board has substantially mis-judged the mood and feelings of the Norwich City fan base today; this isn''t a whinge by a couple of hundred supporters, this is a deep-rooted dissatisfaction with the management team. The Board has severely misread the current situation and the relationship between the fans and the current Board has changed irrevocably today.     

LinkNR9

While I think you won''t get complete agreement from all on this board, you have it from me.  I feel sick to the core today, and agree 100% with everything you have to say.

Season ticket renewal time, well that''s the time they might have to wake up and smell the coffee. 

A sad, sad week for OUR club and one I thought we might never have to witness again. 

This is the same board that has valiantly managed to free up a whole 3 million pounds to spend overall on transfer fees (taking into account player sales) since our promotion to the premier league which has so far been worth 26 million in t.v. and parachute payments. Our spending and income on transfers this season is almost exactly the same as a club down the road still teetering on the brink of financial collapse and with no parachute payment. At a time when we could have been using our higher resources and profile to bolster the squad with the best up-and-coming players around can anyone really say there has been a genuine drive from the top to see us bounce straight back up? Haggling for about six weeks over a few hundred thousand for our `star` summer signing Andy Hughes whilst Sheff.U were snapping up Iffil and Cardiff Koumas? Being apparently content to start the season with an ageing left-back in central midfield and a squad of 22 which includes 4 keepers and 3 kids the manager is loath to play?

This isn`t a post supporting Worthy. Serious doubts set in after the Safri/Holt debacle last season and things have deteriorated since, but people need to look at the bigger picture rather than heaping the blame on one person and making out that if he is removed everything will be fine.

Where has the second part of the "prudence with ambition" mantra gone?