Sign in to follow this  
Haggerdoo

Great defensive performance - keep Klose/Bennett partnership for rest of the season

Would have lost today had Bassong been playing - lacks the composure of Klose - who is looking class and getting better every game.Let''s hope we can build on this massive effort!

Bennett and Olsson showing why they should''ve been in the team all season. Would''ve also allowed Brady to play in his natural position!

Surely he can''t tinker with the defence after today?

Also special credit goes to Gary Oneil today, played like a young Paul Scholes lol!

Great performance but makes you realise that without a quality goalscorer in the team, wins will always be a struggle. Bamford did well for half the game but faded in the 2nd half.

Last time we drew 0-0 with City Bassong was in the team.

Klose was ace though.

Bamford hasn''t barely kicked a ball all season and it showed at times but that 1 shot shows what he is capable of.

Overall an average performance but let''s hope he starts the next game and can build on it.

[quote user="Haggerdoo"]Would have lost today had Bassong been playing - lacks the composure of Klose - who is looking class and getting better every game.Let''s hope we can build on this massive effort![/quote]

And you know that because?

But I agree bassong is s**t with more relegations to his name more than anyone in that squad

[quote user="STAN"]Bamford hasn''t barely kicked a ball all season and it showed at times but that 1 shot shows what he is capable of.

Overall an average performance but let''s hope he starts the next game and can build on it.[/quote]

Overall an average performance??????

[quote user="Samwam27"][quote user="STAN"]Bamford hasn''t barely kicked a ball all season and it showed at times but that 1 shot shows what he is capable of.

Overall an average performance but let''s hope he starts the next game and can build on it.[/quote]

Overall an average performance??????[/quote]Some people are never satisfied.

Yes an average performance, he done alright but I wouldn''t say he was excellent.

I''d too like to add a word of praise for Olsson.......I still cannot believe we persued Brady for 2 months of the summer to play him at full back this season, when we had a perfectly adequate left back already.

Olsson at left back with Brady in left midfield should have been a strong looking cornerstone of our team all season however we''ve played them together maybe 3 times??

Both can get back and both can get forward and would have worked well......but I fear it maybe too slightly too late now.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]I''d too like to add a word of praise for Olsson.......I still cannot believe we persued Brady for 2 months of the summer to play him at full back this season, when we had a perfectly adequate left back already.

Olsson at left back with Brady in left midfield should have been a strong looking cornerstone of our team all season however we''ve played them together maybe 3 times??

Both can get back and both can get forward and would have worked well......but I fear it maybe too slightly too late now.[/quote]
I agree Olsson had a decent game but I just checked the stats and it may surprise you to learn that Olsson and Brady have started 10 league games together this season with results W2 D3 L5.
Not saying that means they shouldn''t start together in the future, but it has been tried and is clearly not the answer to all our problems.

[quote user="Peanuts"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]I''d too like to add a word of praise for Olsson.......I still cannot believe we persued Brady for 2 months of the summer to play him at full back this season, when we had a perfectly adequate left back already.

Both can get back and both can get forward and would have worked well......but I fear it maybe too slightly too late now.[/quote]
I agree Olsson had a decent game but I just checked the stats and it may surprise you to learn that Olsson and Brady have started 10 league games together this season with results W2 D3 L5.
Not saying that means they shouldn''t start together in the future, but it has been tried and is clearly not the answer to all our problems.

[/quote]

I''d have bit your hand off for W2 D3 L5 over the last 10 games.