Sign in to follow this  
Just Dan

Olsson

Totally agree, play Brady in front of him, his preferred position and we have a strong left side.

He did a lot of things well on Saturday, one of the best things he was doing was stopping the crosses into our box.

I lost count of the amount of times he got a foot or leg to the ball to cut out a crossing opportunity, great stuff.

That is possibly the best I''ve seen him play & for me, we should now settle on the back four that played Saturday for the rest of the season.

Credit where credit''s due: I''m not usually a fan of Olsson, but he did play well on Saturday both in defence and going forward.  And in the interest of sticking with a successful back four over these critical last few games, I''d probably stick with Olsson at LB - especially as we can then play Brady in front.

I think the back four did very well, but I think the bigger picture is that we defended much better as a team. Howson and O''Neil did a fantastic job of screening the defence.

I have said on previous threads that Olsson should start enabling Brady to push forward. I would also start him as a wing back if we ever used the 3 system again as that would allow Brady to tuck in.

Totally agree with the comment re. Howson/O''Neill, again, I have been shouted down for daring to say Tettey is not at the level required in the PL. This weekend has shown that to be the case, good readers of the play, good passers and hold their positions, all of which, in my humble opinion, Tettey lacks at the highest level.

Olsson actually stopped crosses coming into the box so it was definitely one of his better performances for us.
When he plays like that he''s more than good enough for us, but several games this season he''s practically been a liability at left-back.

Hogesar has it bang on for me, however on Saturday was definitely his best performance in Norwich shirt, imo, think he was making a statement saying "I want my place back" and if the manager believes that then we should see him start at West Brom with Brady in front of him at left mid.

I think like Ruddy he needed to be dropped and has comeback looking fresh and motivated.

He has the ability to be a good quality Prem fullback but had I think become complacent so let''s hope he continues in good form for the rest of the season.

When we lost the home game to spurs few weeks back thought he was our best player that night and was unlucky to lose his place for the next game.

The back 4 and Ruddy was one people had been asking for a while and it turned out to be our best defensive display of the season. So hopefully we can go into these last 8 with something to build on.

[quote user="Oh Cameron Jeroooooooome"]When we lost the home game to spurs few weeks back thought he was our best player that night and was unlucky to lose his place for the next game.

The back 4 and Ruddy was one people had been asking for a while and it turned out to be our best defensive display of the season. So hopefully we can go into these last 8 with something to build on.[/quote]

Really? He was a complete liability that night, watch the 3rd goal again. Did play well against City though and they were clearly targetting him in the second half. If he can maintain that form then he should start against WBA, only thing I worry about with Olsson is he has games where he looks like a league 2 standard defender.

I still think olsson was a scapegoat for some of the many poor defensive performances we have fielded this year.

Realistically with Redmond now injured it could be a small blessing in disguise and Brady will be pushed up to left midfield. He''s been somewhat restricted in recent weeks especially with hoolahan etc asked to play out of position wide on the left.

Brady/Olsson combo go forward as 2 wingers and they come back and defend with the mentality of 2 left backs.