Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Rider

The Smith's statement

So Smith ''has isued a statement'' (at last!).

Predictably bland and supportive of NW of course but if this really DOES represent the true feelings of the Board then we are in deep trouble.

Consider this amazing quote....''It''s difficult to motivate a relegated team'' - and there was me and most fans I should think, assuming that this was one of the most fundamental parts of Worthy''s job! Apparently this is ''difficult'' - so why then has Worthy not got players in who ARE motivated?

Then, the old easy excuse of ''injuries''! To his credit even Worthy does not hide behind this one. Reading the Smith statement you would think that we were having to field 3 or 4 youth players every week because no-one else was available. We are now told that .....''several (of the injuries) are absolutely essential (to the team)''. Er, NO!!!!!!!!!!!

Safri - Yes - we have felt his absence significantly. Thorne - was only signed as a bit part player anyway and was very much 3rd or 4th choice for the strikers role. Leon - was probably on the verge of being dropped anyway when he was injured. Shacks - had been dropped for Davenport. Jarrett - hardly made a promising start to his City career has he?  And THATS IT - ALL OTHER INJURIES HAD CLEARED UP FOR QPR

Worthy was Smith''s choice and she is well and truly burying her head in the sand. Never mind, if we go down but have always had some players out injured, then Worthy is blameless (or should that be ''Worthless''!).

[quote]So Smith ''has isued a statement'' (at last!). Predictably bland and supportive of NW of course but if this really DOES represent the true feelings of the Board then we are in deep trouble. Consider t...[/quote]

So, Yellow Rider, in one fell swoop you have chosen to totally ignore Delia''s advice to pull together in the bad times.  Hell, we may as well sack her as well then.  She clearly isn''t fit to be on our Board any more, if all she does is offer ''bland'' support for her manager.

Come on, guys.  Please let us stop the moaning and complaining.

Worthy isn''t going anywhere, yet.  Delia hasn''t mentioned, of course, the amount it would cost the club to sack the man.  The Board have no intention of getting rid of him, and no Pink''Un poll or anti-Worthy songs on the terrace are going to change that.

Let''s accept that reality, and move on TOGETHER.

I support our team, its management and its Board!  I believe that we can turn this around with WHAT WE HAVE GOT.  Since it''s all we have got, then let''s just get on with it...

Keep it low...

Well she was not going to publically state we are keeping Nige but he has been rubbish at this this and this was she!  

The board were clearly desperate to avoid a ''bland'' vote of confidence statement and to me this is exactly what they have done.  The statement is not bland but actually very specific and very supportive - excellent PR spin with a judicious sprinkling of empathy to win us over.

It tells us nothing of what the boards real feelings are and nor should they - anything negative at this stage would fatally undermine the manager and would be an effective statement that his P45 is on its way.  What is happening behind the scenes is anyones guess but it will surely not be as warm and cuddly as this statement paints? 

You dont run successful restaurants by retaining highly paid chefs delivering sub-standard food for 18 months - they are quickly, ruthlessly even dismissed and replaced.  These are successful business people with the club at heart - all I can do is trust that they are not mismanaging the club - and their record on this is good, so far...     

OTBC 

im worried. and i feel we are all being short changed by delia, i will always pull together and support the 11 players on the pitch wearing yellow and green, but i will boo those same players off the pitch if we play to the conference standard we''ve been playing of late....if they give 100% then so will i.....what i wont do however is back a clown who despite having been in the job for 5years, still does not anything about tactics seemingly, and is definitely unable to motivate his players.....the club is in real trouble right now, and it looks to me like we''re on the road back to the dark days (god forbid) unless we sort something out....."good managers don''t become bad managers overnight" - id say worthington was never rlly anything above an average manager who got lucky.....however good PLAYERS dont become bad PLAYERS overnight....there''s 23 of those and only one manager, is it more likely 23 players have become crap overnight, or is it more feasible that worthless has lost the plot? 87% of pinkun website readers think its the latter, so delia....we ARE sticking together....just not backing this trash from worthless, in fact we''re rather uniting against him