Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Brigham

Tony Pulis

Hello all. Ahead of Norwich''s game with West Brom I wrote a bit of a rant about Tony Pulis for The Little Yellow Bird Project. It may read as if I''d taken a drink or two, but I almost certainly hadn''t.Anyway, some of you may like it, so here it is

[quote user="Daniel Brigham"]Hello all. Ahead of Norwich''s game with West Brom I wrote a bit of a rant about Tony Pulis for The Little Yellow Bird Project. It may read as if I''d taken a drink or two, but I almost certainly hadn''t.Anyway, some of you may like it, so here it is [/quote]Since a court has just ordered Pulis to pay Crystal Palace back £2m I suspect your wish for him to leave football is a vain one. But perhaps one of these seemingly-rich Chinese clubs will offer him a job....

Several years ago a teacher at my son''s junior school (who was a niece of Tony Pulis) arranged a visit to Stoke City, including a midweek game (against Sunderland).
Pulis met the school contingent, took them round the training ground and made sure all the star players came out to meet the children.  Whatever you think of him, this was a real treat for the children and it was good that he didn''t try and fob them off with a few fringe players.
Bor - I like coleslaw as well.  You''ve mentioned you went to Leicester Uni (as I did) & your enjoyment of the Redfearn (as I did as well) - when were there and have you been back recently?  You wouldn''t recognise the Percy Gee nowadays.

[quote user="woostercanary"]
Bor - I like coleslaw as well.  You''ve mentioned you went to Leicester Uni (as I did) & your enjoyment of the Redfearn (as I did as well) - when were there and have you been back recently?  You wouldn''t recognise the Percy Gee nowadays.[/quote]
I don''t think I would go back again.  It''s better to remember things the way they were, in my opinionated opinion.
The Akash though, I would pay about £9.50 these days for one more "£5 special".
The Fan Club?
Zoots?

I was here ''77-''80 so a £5 special sounds a bit rich for me.
Our Indian of choice after a night out was the Koh-I-Noor, just by the station.
Don''t know about the Fan club or Zoots - did go regularly (on free tickets) to the Prohibition Club on New Walk (supposedly linked to the Krays) and The Magazine (where I met Michael Foot).

Saw several bands at The Magazine including Jesus & Mary Chain.  Nice.
The Prohibition closed in the early eighties, became rebranded as The Fan Club I think. Also note the Willie Thorne Snooker Club on Gramby St.

The Willie Thorne club on Granby street opened after I''d left I think.
What with the Prohibition becoming the Fan Club which you referenced, you must be a youngster Bor!

[quote user="woostercanary"]The Willie Thorne club on Granby street opened after I''d left I think.
What with the Prohibition becoming the Fan Club which you referenced, you must be a youngster Bor!
[/quote]
Define "youngster".
I still have my own teeth and two good hips, but the rest of me went to seed a long time ago.

I also like coleslaw. I LIED cos the line sounded right in my head. Sorry.

Wooster - as I say, nothing against him personally. Just am beyond tired of his football