Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Redmond out for 6 weeks

[quote user="cityangel"]I couldnt find anything on the ncfc website either about Redmond so if its jus a tweet from the sun journo we may be worrying for nothing[/quote]His info is normally pretty good.

Don''t take your knickers down!

As I see it our success or failure over the rest of the season is not going to be down to individuals but a tight knit team working as a unit. That''s what pleased me so much about the performance against Citeh. Let''s forget individuals and look at the spirit in the team.

The best 11 players do not necessarily make the best XI.

At the top level - unless played at 9 or 10, or a construct without defensive responsibilities that doesn''t weaken the team defensively - Redmond causes as many tactical problems for us as he offers is in an attacking sense.

Tactically this season our right side has been exploited repeatedly - as indeed it was (less effectively) in the Championship last year.

Such structural weaknesses are no use to a weaker side such as us at the top level, unless the counterpoint threat is worth the risk. With attacking right backs it is suicide.

Unless played at 9 or 10 (where I would be happy to include him), he is not in our best XI, despite being one of our best 11 players.

Parma

Redmond has been seen yest with a cast and crutches so 6 games sounds plausible.

I understand that Brady may not quite be ready for sat either.

I agree we''ve been vulnerable down that right hand side all season but Redmond, on his day, is a match winner so it''s still a blow. He''s certainly been inconsistent, but we''ll never know now if he could raise his game for the run in.
I''m with the majority that I''d like to see Brady and Jarvis on the wings but if Brady isn''t fit then Jarvis on the left and Naismith out right is an option. Howson has definitely been much more effective in the middle so don''t want to see him pushed out wide.
I''m not sure about Vadis, from what I''ve seen of him he had some nice touches around the box and looked a threat going forward but he didn''t seem to have the discipline in defence. Probably too much of a luxury for a team in our situation.

Lazy lazy player, a luxury will can ill afford. We need someone that can track back and put a challenge in, that player isn''t Redmond.

Pinto might not be a bad shout, but probably will see Jarvis there if Brady is back.

God I hope we don''t send Brady, Wes, Martin, Naismith etc all on international duty to just pick up injuries. Whittaker can go and play.

[quote user="firststeps"]Lazy lazy player, a luxury will can ill afford. We need someone that can track back and put a challenge in, that player isn''t Redmond.[/quote]
I literally despair sometimes.
11 Andy Hughes'' would keep us up buh!

From what I''ve heard it is hard to work out how bad his injury actually is. There''s no surgery or anything required so I would imagine if he heals quickly he might only miss 2-3 games. Was interesting to see pictures of him in his training gear for sport relief - obviously doesn''t appear bad enough to keep him out for 6 weeks or he''d be resting up at home not at the training ground.