Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Redmond out for 6 weeks

Not good. Him and Tettey out is 2 big players for us out for pretty much the rest of the season.

Time for Vadis to step forward?

It never rains but it pours, I was starting to feel a bit of hope creep back in but with luck like this...
All I can do is pray that AN doesn''t try to play Howson in Redmond''s position.

Huge blow of course but Redmond is inconsistent to say the least. We look stronger with him, obviously, but if we are to stay up it''ll take a mammoth team effort and won''t be down to any individuals.

Redmonds has bags of talent - rarely shows. Whilst this is a blow, I think losing players like Klose, Bamford, Howson, indeed Tettey is worse at this time of the season.

Howson has looked like the player we all know he can be again since he''s been shifted back into CM. If Neil sticks him out wide again I think I will simply just cry.

Simply put, whilst this is a blow, it doesn''t relegate us. All the pressure for survival is on Newcastle and Sunderland with their massively experienced managers. Nothing is expected of us. We can thrive off that.

You just beat me to it Ginja reference Howson and we had better start praying that Brady comes back sharpish.

Its a blow but could have been worse

with the forthcoming coming international break and the Watford game being postponed, there are 2 two week breaks coiming up with this 6 week injury.

It may be that he only misses 4 of the remaining 8?

assuming his "scores aren''t down" I would expect Naismith to come into the side on the right of attack, with hopefully Brady on the left.

A real shame, as he''s arguably our best ball carrier and can chip in with the odd goal too.Jarvis will need to step up now.  Hopefully Brady won''t be absent too much longer either and will actually play in his proper position out wide.

Worth recalling one of the Murphy twins if we can for cover at least?

Would rather have one of them off the bench if 1-0 down with 10 mins left than putting someone like Dorrans on to try and get you a goal.

Yet more bad luck for us. As mentioned with Tettey and now Redmond out, pretty much 2 of our best players out.

#doitforRedderz

A hammer blow no doubt as he has really looked up for the fight these last few weeks however this maybe a blessing in disguise.

When Jarvis moved to the right hand side on Saturday, him and Martin looked very strong together and looked a good partnership. This would then allow Brady to play in his favoured position (best) left midfield with Ollson behind. Again a strong partnership.

I just hope that Alex Neil will go with this and not revert back to the crazy decision of playing either Hoolahan, Howson or Dorrans in a wide position from the start.

A big blow as I always thinks Redders plays better when the suns on his back ( ie early and later in the season) if Jarvis can play right then maybe we have a replacement. if not would it be worth giving Pinto a go on the right? certainly quick enough and would give him the freedom without the defensive responsibility?

[quote user="Yellow Green Army"]A hammer blow no doubt as he has really looked up for the fight these last few weeks however this maybe a blessing in disguise.

When Jarvis moved to the right hand side on Saturday, him and Martin looked very strong together and looked a good partnership. This would then allow Brady to play in his favoured position (best) left midfield with Ollson behind. Again a strong partnership.

I just hope that Alex Neil will go with this and not revert back to the crazy decision of playing either Hoolahan, Howson or Dorrans in a wide position from the start.[/quote]Exactly this. Only question is how/whether we can accommodate Naismith and Hoolahan in the same lineup, as both are definitely better through the middle. With Neil''s complete aversion to two strikers unlikely to change, strongest lineup would look something like this:RuddyMartin Bennett Klose OlssonO''Neil HowsonJarvis Naismith/Hoolahan BradyBamford/MbokaniThe other silver lining is that hopefully we''ll get to see a bit more of Vadis from the bench. He looked really impressive in the few games he played, a bit light on defensive intent but for 20/30 minutes his mixture of strength and directness could be really useful.

Exactly what I was thinking on Saturday TGD when Redmond limped off. I would have loved to have seen Pinto come on instead of Dorrans in a more attacking role. Think that position would suit him very well and we would certainly have pace down that left hand side with Ollson behind him.

Plenty of options though for Alex Neil to decide from.

Jarvis on the Right, Brady on the left with Pinto the option off the bench for me. Not Dorrans please!

I think Redmond is the only player we''ve got who can do what he can do - so in those terms its a massive loss.
We don''t have that same pace anywhere on the pitch or the ability to carry the ball out and relieve pressure. Brady, perhaps...when is he due back?

Massive blow for us, as we don''t have another right winger. We''ll have to play Jarvis there!

Its always a blow to have a player injured but (and Im probably on my own here) he has been very inconsistant this season. Jarvis on right and Brady on left, Howson & ONeil, we''ll be fine.

[quote user="cityangel"]Its always a blow to have a player injured but (and Im probably on my own here) he has been very inconsistant this season. Jarvis on right and Brady on left, Howson & ONeil, we''ll be fine.[/quote]No CA you''re not on your own................agree totally.  OTBC.

Big blow but hopefully brady is back, jarvis can go right and olsson can pick up where he left it vs man city. Thin on the ground now though!

[quote user="SwindonCanary"]Where has this story come from ? I''ve searched the web and can''t find anything. 
[/quote]

It comes from a tweet by Charlie Wyett.

I just feel sorry for the guys who sit near me in the upper Barclay who constantly berate him, they will need to decide on another scapegoat.

[quote user="morty"]I just feel sorry for the guys who sit near me in the upper Barclay who constantly berate him, they will need to decide on another scapegoat.[/quote]
I wouldn''t worry, I doubt it''ll take the cnuts too long... [:)]

Cameron Jerome right now, for example, is probably...
[IMG]http://cdn.meme.am/instances/57141114.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="morty"]I just feel sorry for the guys who sit near me in the upper Barclay who constantly berate him, they will need to decide on another scapegoat.[/quote]
I wouldn''t worry, I doubt it''ll take the cnuts too long... [:)]
[/quote]Pretty sure Russel Martin will be their fallback plan.

I couldnt find anything on the ncfc website either about Redmond so if its jus a tweet from the sun journo we may be worrying for nothing