Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

we're better without Bassong

Defensively much sharper in the last few games, less giving the ball away, less being caught out of position and catching teams offside far more.Russ Martin used to spend a lot of the time doing Sebs job for him, Bennett and Klose seem to have a better understanding than Bennet and Seb have in the past too.Bassong has been a good servant to the club but i genuinely wouldn''t be disappointed if he wasn''t here next season.He wouldn''t have coped with Aguerro today...

Still a better defender than Bennett.

Klose and Bassong please.

Have to agree, we look so much better without him and Martin looks twice the player now he is not having to cover bassong.

Bassong was one of the main reasons we went down last time and has been our main problem this year.

[quote user="Barndoor"]Have to agree, we look so much better without him and Martin looks twice the player now he is not having to cover bassong.

Bassong was one of the main reasons we went down last time and has been our main problem this year.[/quote]

HOLY S--- THE STUPID!

[quote user="Bradwell canary"]If he had not got injured, would he still be in the team? My guess is yes. AN should have dropped long before that. Wish Watford had kept him.[/quote]Really?? I don''t remember anybody saying that at the time.

Klose is really growing into the role now and I recon will become the rock we have missed for so long. Looked good with Bennet today but I do wish Bennet would do some work on his defensive headers, knocks them into dangerous areas too often for my liking.

Plus just winning headers because he lost a couple in our box. As he often does.

Thinking positive, for a PL campaign next season I''d like to see a new partner for Klose of similar quality. I know a lot of people on here rate Bennett, but for me he is just another journeyman and a squad player at best.

the guy is an absolute liability at this levelat least bennett keeps it simple, bassong thinks he can actually play and then usually ends up in a panic after too many touches and the opponent closing him down

Lol. People want Bennett dropped, and to change our back four again, despite keeping a clean sheet against Man City.

Bennett keeps it simple by passing it to Bassong or hoofing it to nobody.

Bennett is fine when it''s infront of him and easy but when people get out of his line of sight his awareness and anticipation are poor. Bassong reads things far better.

But at least we''ve got Klose in there now.

[quote user="Ian"]Lol. People want Bennett dropped, and to change our back four again, despite keeping a clean sheet against Man City.[/quote]
I don''t rate Bennett, but I don''t much like Bassong either and I agree Klose and Bennett look like our best partnership at the moment. I''d prefer we got an upgrade on both of them in the Summer, assuming we stay up of course.