Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Scrap Season Tickets?

This move looks like a drive to increase the number of regular attendees to Hull City''s ground and raise the guaranteed level of income each season. Not an issue we currently have. As others have said, we already have the majority of our supporters paying each month by direct debit, with auto-renewal for each season.Wikipedia states Hull City only have 15,000 season ticket holders in a 25,450 capacity stadium. Leaving 10,000+ seats for both casual & away supporters. Plenty of room for manoeuvre there.Looking at their attendance figures, Hull get approx. 24,000 when in the Premier League, but only around 18,000 when in the Championship. So clearly they have an issue with retaining support.  This ''membership scheme'' look like an attempt to get more fans coming back. Be interesting to see how it works out for them.

You''ll fit in nicely in the Norfolk of North America, mort. Small town bumpkin abandons family to travel overseas to Bumpkin Capital of rhe World.

Til, if you think Carrow Road is well proportioned, then you wouldn''t fit in so well as mort. Real stadiums are built with more than a handful of seats between to goallines.

I`m struggling a little to see how this works.I understand that season tickets are purchased on a monthly basis by direct debit (min 3 months + 1 months notice)These are price banded by "zones" in the stadiumA seasonal membership is also payable but "renewed" season ticket holders are exempt from this.Got that but but what I do not understand isDo you pay extra for an actual ticket to individual games or does the monthly fee cover this?First and last months of a season are not whole monthsDoes this include cup games?Are you guaranteed a specific seat or is it first to the ground gets first choice?What happens to the seats when the "member" does not turn up?Once you have your seat then how do you keep it or how are you going to claim an empty seat?( people keeping empty seats for latecomers or even telling people seats are taken (he`s just popped to the bar mate)for more space, who is going to argue?)I`m a bit confused about what the advantages and disadvantages are both to who and why?

Molly the fans will get a seat in the same way as a season ticket holder does and this monthly price does include your match ticket. Essentially they are just changing the name of a season ticket. What will be interesting to see is the points scheme and what discounts this will give to fans long term and whether this brings more financial benefit than our early renewal scheme.

For cup games this hasn''t been explained yet but I''m sure will be clearer once they send out their information packs to current "members" in the next week or so. How ever this seems like it could be what their 3 tiers of ticket holders will cover. They will pay a price dependent on whether they go for 1, 2 or 3 "stripes" with the lowest tier being a home ticket and adding more as you go up the ranks. It''s all a bit hazy as to the finer details at present but the local Hull paper has some articles that answer a lot of the basic questions.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]You''ll fit in nicely in the Norfolk of North America, mort. Small town bumpkin abandons family to travel overseas to Bumpkin Capital of rhe World.

Til, if you think Carrow Road is well proportioned, then you wouldn''t fit in so well as mort. Real stadiums are built with more than a handful of seats between to goallines.[/quote]I don''t know why i should entertain such an idiot as you Houston but i suppose you think the Jarrold Stand which you cannot see from the comfort of your armchair is a replication of the City Stand but sorry to inform you it holds nearly treble that capacity. I note that your abusive attitude is on display on another thread today. Whatever floats your boat i suppose.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Casual ticket accessibility wouldn''t be

an issue if we had a proper sized stadium without 80% of the seats

behind the goal lines.[/quote][quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Carrow Road has upper decks, but only behind the goals.[/quote][quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Real stadiums are built with more than a handful of seats between to goallines.[/quote]Those statements prove you know absolutely nothing about Carrow Rd. Give up while you''re behind....... 

Yes, and your laughably stereotypical Mary Poppins mutterings are all over the main discussion board, Til. Am I being jolly chekey? HA HA HA!

Why are you abusing nutty? He''s not always on my side, but he disagrees politely and humorously enough. Your criticisms come across as arrogantly rude.

There are end zone stands with upper decks, right? According to Til, one (only 1) stand between the goallines has an upper deck. It''s been a while since I was at a game there (Championship vs QPR, late goal saved a point), but the fact remains there are double decked cheap seats with single decked quality viewing. Who designs a stadium like that?

Quite disturbing that people like this have easy access to firearms.

Not as disturbing as you having the same access, drunky. Your access to alcohol makes a bad situation even worse. Go back to your other fan page. You''re only here to abuse. Abuse and lose.

Sales of season tickets at NCFC are made in advance of the forthcoming season. This in turn allows the club to budget for that season in advance! Should they rely on casual sales, and the season goes tits up, and crowds fall to low levels, what then?

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]There are end zone stands with upper decks, right? According to Til, one (only 1) stand between the goallines has an upper deck. It''s been a while since I was at a game there (Championship vs QPR, late goal saved a point), but the fact remains there are double decked cheap seats with single decked quality viewing. Who designs a stadium like that?[/quote]I did not say that the Jarrold had an upper deck as i said it had nearly treble capacity of the City Stand. Get it right if that is possible.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]

Why are you abusing nutty? He''s not always on my side, but he disagrees politely and humorously enough. Your criticisms come across as arrogantly rude.[/quote]Your take on abuse obviously has a totally different take from across the pond so maybe you could point out this alleged abuse. Just for the avoidance of doubt Nutty is a very good personal friend of mine. Disagreement of his take of things does not amount to abuse you know ?

[quote user="morty"]Quite disturbing that people like this have easy access to firearms.[/quote]It is however good to know to know that more than half of the population of the United States do not have a passport.

Til, Lappin''s comment indicates theres an upper deck (I sure don''t recall it) and your comment about being triple the size to disprove my comment about Carrow Road being predominantly cheap seats had me wondering if my memory was off.

Now I have no idea what Lappy meant. Or you either. There aren''t all that many seats between the goallines compared to hiw many there are behind it. Once again, who builds a stadium like that?

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Casual ticket accessibility wouldn''t be

an issue if we had a proper sized stadium without 80% of the seats

behind the goal lines.[/quote][quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Carrow Road has upper decks, but only behind the goals.[/quote][quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Real stadiums are built with more than a handful of seats between to goallines.[/quote]
#awkward

A lot of us don''t have passports because we''re already here. All of you have them so you can come here.

Also, we can travel at least 1,500 and over 3000 miles to visit all sorts of different places without leaving the country. You can''t go more than about 50 miles to reach the coast. If you want to travel more than a few hundred miles, you''ll need a passport. We have it all right here within our borders.

nutty didn''t seem too amused by your stream of abuse.

It''s pretty clear many on here haven''t been. You can''t keep your stories straight. Where, besides behind to goallines, is there an upper deck? Please offer an answer rather than more empty commentary. Oh ya, you can''t.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]A lot of us don''t have passports because we''re already here. All of you have them so you can come here.

Also, we can travel at least 1,500 and over 3000 miles to visit all sorts of different places without leaving the country. You can''t go more than about 50 miles to reach the coast. If you want to travel more than a few hundred miles, you''ll need a passport. We have it all right here within our borders.

nutty didn''t seem too amused by your stream of abuse.[/quote]Not if you are heading to Scotland, Wales, Ireland............

The largest stand at Carrow Road is the Jarrold Stand and it is a single tier stand. Go on argue with that Houston.

Thank you! Yes, it''s single tier. Exactly! But rather than double deck the good seats, the master minds who developed and redeveloped the stadium added upper decks to the least desirable parts of the stadium.

And now Bornobo is flinging feces claiming it DOES have an upper deck! You clowns are tripping all over your blind hatred for me and looking pretty silly in the process. But thanks for clarifying and agreeing with me on what you''d previously disagreed with.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Really, Herman? The Welsh and Scottish borders aren''t even 300 miles from Norwich. The island is 600 miles from top to bottom.[/quote]
So when you said "a few hundred miles", you meant....

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]A lot of us don''t have passports because we''re already here. All of you have them so you can come here.

nutty didn''t seem too amused by your stream of abuse.[/quote]Not if you are heading to Scotland, Wales, Ireland............[/quote]Well, not until June 24...[:D][:O][:D]

Bornobo, when I said MORE THAN a few hundred miles. Read whole comments before responding so Herman doesn''t have to explain it for you.

I know you love calling us Americans stupid but it sounds silly when all the misinformation is coming from the GMT.