Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Scrap Season Tickets?

I really cannot see what it will achieve or have i missed something. Loyalty over the years will be disregarded and it will give the Johnny come lately''s a helping hand.

Too right. Far too many subsidised tickets holding the club back. Pay a real price for your seats you tight sods and we may be able to get some better quality players.

This would sort the true fans from the fairweather supporting bandwagon jumping "me too me too" football consumers.  I''m all for it.
Cue "BUT I''VE BEEN COMING HERE FOR SIXTY-THREE YEARS AND I AM ENTITLED TO MY SEAT"
etc etc.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35822295

Could it work here............?[/quote]It would certainly make for a better atmosphere.

If it makes my "63 year" entitlement to my " hereditary" seat cheaper , great . But how does it help ? The season ticket holders ( real supporters ) will buy a membership, and still occupy the same amount of the ground . The miserablist w*nkers who sit at home decrying anybody who holds dear the fact that within their busy life the can loyally support "their" home club , would still be sitting at home ,, most likely pulling at him self ,, and decrying those who ..... You get the picture .

Surely the scrapping of 22,000 season tickets would starve the club of a substantial cash injection at the time renewals come round as i doubt memberships could be purchased by direct debit.

There could be a time with the stupid levels of TV money that a PL club could afford to play in front of no supporters at all. This is and will not be the position of league clubs which is highly likely to be our future next season.

Having season ticket holders is the core of support as well as a guaranteed income stream. One reason why our attendances are so high when outside the top flight is the high level of season ticket holders and the fact that if any give them up they would have difficulty purchasing a casual ticket. Do away with season tickets and you will anger the 60% plus that are and have been the bedrock of your support. I would suspect not having season tickets and being outside the PL the club would struggle to fill the ground

If it reduces the cost of tickets and allows those non "real" supporters that work saturdays, have family comittments or have moved away from the area a better chance to see their club, I''m all for it.

Please forgive me Mike but I don''t understand your post. Are you talking if every game was screened live? Otherwise how and why would you give someone who works Saturday''s, have family commitments or has moved away a better chance of seeing their team.

Season tickets are essential for all sorts of reasons, including cash-flow.

It''s an unavoidable pity though that casual tickets are so hard come by due to the success of season ticket sales at Carrow Road, which make it quite difficult for part-time/distant supporters at times. It requires a degree of forward planning.

PL clubs being able to screen their own streams officially on a pay-per-view basis would seem to be a non-starter due to the Sky contracts and the fact that the income from this source could never match the Premier League revenue from Sky.

It might eventually come about in the Championship at some time in the distant future as television money forms far less of the income slice.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Casual ticket accessibility wouldn''t be an issue if we had a proper sized stadium without 80% of the seats behind the goal lines.[/quote]What on earth are you on about ?

Its early afternoon here in ''murica, so he''s probably well into his second bottle of Bourbon...

[quote user="morty"]Its early afternoon here in ''murica, so he''s probably well into his second bottle of Bourbon...[/quote]
Being in''murica has very little to do with it. It''s too much bellend from birth.

Ha!

Indeed, am working in Alabama just now, met lots of nice folks.

And the odd bellend....

I know you''re about as effective a cop as the ones twiddling around in Mary Poppins, Til, but you''re quite thick too. What didn''t you understand?

A bigger stafium would provide more seats, making getting tickets easier for casual fans, out of towners, LDC, etc.

Carrow Road has upper decks, but only behind the goals. That makes most of the seating unattractive compared to properly built stadiums with most of the seating between the goallines, seats casual fans are more likely going to buy. They also generate more income.

I was wondering what the whiff of manure, beer and stupidly was, but mortina cleared that up. He''s cruising Mobile meeting bell ends up close. I bet his boys don''t miss being around that.

I am genuinely starting to believe that you have mental health issues, so for that reason will leave you to it fella.

I think you have hit the nail on the head Morty and i recall way back in 1969 when i first joined the Police and had dealings with someone suffering with mental illness that i was told " you must remember son that there are more out than there are in ". Those were the days when secure units cared for those unfortunates suffering that dreadful illness but these days with care in the community a cheaper option we are seeing it at closer quarters. Obviously it is the same sad tale in the good old USA.

I can see this gaining traction - not necessarily in a carbon-copy form of what Hull City are doing, but certainly something similar.

An analogy which may be appropriate is ''freemium'' apps or season passes (in video games). We have a generation of people who don''t want to pay for things they want (they don''t see why they ''should'' pay - I''ve worked extensively on this and it''s a frikkin nightmare).

The solution is tying people up into contracts for a small (or what appears to be small) monthly fee or giving away a limited version of your product and charging vast sums for added extras (extras which later turn out to be necessary).

Could this work in football - sure. Norwich City do it already with the U21s. This isn''t an altruistic move to give something back to the fans. It increases revenue through other channels (cold sausage rolls, for example). If it didn''t, it wouldn''t happen.

Also bear in mind that Hull aren''t being altruistic about this - they will have a spreadsheet somewhere that says income will increase.

I fail to see the positive that such a move would bring here.

I for one, would not be happy if they removed the Season Ticket facility. I have sat in the same seat for many years, as have everyone else around me, and I consider these people my football family. If they suddenly removed season tickets and everyone was sitting in a different seat every game then I can only see this being detrimental to the atmosphere.

I don''t see why you''d upset the 20,000+ loyal season ticket holders, just to please the fair weather brigade who only want to commit to going when it suits them.

It seems that what they are doing isn''t really revolutionary but actually bringing ticketing more into line with what we ourselves already offer. There seems to be one key difference though in which where we sign up to a season ticket and have it for the season they are on a "non contract" basis whereby they can cancel after 3 months, to me this doesn''t make much sense from a business perspective, if the team have a bad season you are more likely to lose that guaranteed ticket income you get from season ticket holders as more of the fickle fans then cancel.  They seem to be trying to counteract this by adding in a £50 charge for any new members which who join from next season (if they are promoted) which may prevent people making that decision as they wont want to pay this fee again.

Looking through the details there are many similarities to how we operate currently, they have introduced a banding structure to prices so different parts of the stadium cost different amounts with more expensive tickets behind the dugouts and on the half way line. They are also introducing a direct debit payment so people can pay monthly rather than up front each season. They will be introducing a membership card for match entry (not for casual fans though) so that they don''t have to re send season tickets each year. They will also be adding different levels of membership so you can be just a home ticket holder or pay more for priority purchase of away games and a third level which hasn''t been explained as far as I can see. We already have away season tickets and super members scheme. The other part is they are saying that you won''t have to renew each year as you will automatically just continue payments until you opt out again, we already have a similar system in place for season tickets here whereby we have to opt out rather than in each season and is no hassle (apart from the academy donation which I presumed opting out once would have been enough only to find it on my costs for next season again).

They haven''t announced prices for match day tickets yet so by the looks of it this new scheme has no impact on the casual fan and their ability to buy tickets. They are also doing away with concessions as part of the membership meaning younger people will have to pay a higher cost which they are saying will be balanced out if they are going with a parent because of their lower cost. As for saving money I can''t see  it myself unless you want to sit in a corner infill all year which is the price they are quoting as part of their as little as £21 a month. The seats with half decent views will be £41-51 a month. From what has been announced so far I cant see anything here that would benefit our club as it seems we are already light years ahead of them in the way we sell our season ticket.