Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Why I am struggling to cheer....

Great performance yesterday. No doubting that. Well done to the team...

But I am finding it very hard to join the ''its all OK now'' burst of relief on this board...it isn''t.

The table still makes for grim reading when games in hand are taken into account.

Why, in the name of all things holy, do we save up heroic performances like this for games where a point is brilliant instead of unleashing them on lower placed teams thereby securing promotion.

We still didn''t score. Bar or not. Lack of goals always accompanies tightening the defence, leak of goals if we set out to score. No change there.

One swallow does not a summer make. Follow this with wins and I might jump on the happy clapper bandwagon.

Some good points thought man City were poor Norwich did not look like scoring but defended Well.A good point if away not at home as man City away record poor.

Ffs. What did you expect in our form against a team that had to win to stay in the title race? I suggest you give up following football, if you can''t take some joy from a hard earned unexpected point then it clearly isn''t for you.

Unreal. Surely that gives you more hope for the next 8 than you had. Everyone was saying write man city game off and the ones after will be the big ones. Well that game we were writing off we got 1 point. Against a team pushing for the title.

The biggest positive was the fantastic effort and team spirit and also the fact that the crowd was right behind the team. I was very worried that our belief and confidence was shot. Well it clearly isn''t.

They brought on Sterling who cost more than our entire team. Also it was a must win game for them and they still couldn''t break us down. GoN''s performance was a huge boost as he looked like he could fill Tetty''s boots which is a big ask.

You need to take step back and have another think.

Will be interesting if the players decide to turn up at West Brom next week in contrast to recent away matches. Perhaps, if we sold our allocation that might provide some encouragement to them? (We''ve won at the Hawthorns three times in the last four...)

" Follow this with wins and I might jump on the happy clapper bandwagon."

Sorry but there''s no room for you & there never will be, you have no soul that''s why you struggle to cheer. [:)]

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Will be interesting if the players decide to turn up at West Brom next week in contrast to recent away matches. Perhaps, if we sold our allocation that might provide some encouragement to them? (We''ve won at the Hawthorns three times in the last four...)[/quote]

I would hope that for these players, attempting to avoid a 50% pay cut in wages upon relegation next season should provide motivation enough rather than a couple of hundred more people in the away section...

Has anyone actually said ''it''s all ok now" which is the subject of this thread? Or is this just something else made up about our fan base and then argued against.

We''re not saying that it''s changed anything in terms of our position or predicament.But what it did change was our outlook on what could happen.It was huge turnaround from Swansea, we stopped the rot, it''s a start, and it points us in the right direction.There were only positives from yesterday.OK so we didn''t score but in the overall scheme of things yesterday it was a massive result and an even bigger boost to morale & confidence.One step at a time.

Exactly. It''s a step in the right direction and a point nobody expected.However, even Alex Neil admitted in the press last week that the team has tended to be more competitive against the better teams. It''s something he has got to resolve now that we have a series of genuinely winnable games coming up. If the players apply themselves in the right manner, as they did yesterday, survival is still possible. If they don''t turn up as they did at Villa, Swansea and Bournemouth we know the final outcome. 

OP is spot on, I said something similar yesterday. Too many times this season we''ve had false dawns - most recently following up a good performance against Chelsea with a no show at Swansea. Today will be for nought if we get nothing against West Brom.

I''m just happy we got a point yesterday and the team made it clear they''re giving it their all and still working hard for Alex Neil.

Hasn''t changed my thoughts drastically however if it''s given fans a bit more hope then where exactly is the problem?

I don''t think anybody is daft enough to think that yesterday''s point means we''ve cracked it. We''re still right in the s*it and the bookies are right to have us at 1/3 or thereabouts to be one of the three to go down.It was a welcome bonus but above all it''s given us more reason to hope that we might yet be alright. They say it''s the hope that kills you but out of the last four games we''ve played well in three, against last year''s champions and two teams who''ll almost certainly finish in the top four this season, losing by just the odd goal in all of them.Head still says we''ve had it but it''s given us a big boost going into the West Brom and Newcastle matches. Let''s just hope the players can find the consistency needed.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]I don''t think anybody is daft enough to think that yesterday''s point means we''ve cracked it. We''re still right in the s*it and the bookies are right to have us at 1/3 or thereabouts to be one of the three to go down.It was a welcome bonus but above all it''s given us more reason to hope that we might yet be alright. They say it''s the hope that kills you but out of the last four games we''ve played well in three, against last year''s champions and two teams who''ll almost certainly finish in the top four this season, losing by just the odd goal in all of them.Head still says we''ve had it but it''s given us a big boost going into the West Brom and Newcastle matches. Let''s just hope the players can find the consistency needed.[/quote]Nutty will be impressed that your anti misery medication is starting to work Smithy. [;)]

I think there are a lot if valid points here. Yes good point and unexpected. Can they use that to push on. We will have to wait and see. Most players with no disrespect can up their game when it''s a free roll of the dice. It''s what they can do when they are expected to get something. We have not turned a corner but a point is great. Now let''s show people what we can do against those about us. Not a happy clapper but have to take the positives and move on.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Nutty will be impressed that your anti misery medication is starting to work Smithy. [;)][/quote]I wondered why that pint tasted a bit funny last time I was in the Nelson.The little scally must''ve popped a happy pill in when I wasn''t looking....[:D]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="TIL 1010"]Nutty will be impressed that your anti misery medication is starting to work Smithy. [;)][/quote]I wondered why that pint tasted a bit funny last time I was in the Nelson.The little scally must''ve popped a happy pill in when I wasn''t looking....[:D][/quote]

A happy pill????

I knew one would be no good for you so I put the whole bottle in....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="TIL 1010"]Nutty will be impressed that your anti misery medication is starting to work Smithy. [;)][/quote]I wondered why that pint tasted a bit funny last time I was in the Nelson.The little scally must''ve popped a happy pill in when I wasn''t looking....[:D][/quote]

A happy pill????

[/quote]

Arrgh.......No wonder I keep ringing that premium 0844 number for hours on end trying to donate a piffling £19 to our impoverished Academy.Damn you Nutty....[:''(]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]

A happy pill????

[/quote]

Arrgh.......No wonder I keep ringing that premium 0844 number for hours on end trying to donate a piffling £19 to our impoverished Academy.Damn you Nutty....[:''(]

[/quote]

Ahhhhhhhh!! Now I see the problem...

I have never found the need to ring the 0844 number. Remind me to tip a bottle of "common sense pills" in your pint next time....

[I] [B] [;)]

Well obviously having drawn 0-0 and still being in 18th place we can all relax, job done, it''ll be easy to survive now.

Duh

Let''s hope Leicester, who didn''t look great when we played them, can do us a favour and put away Newcastle tonight.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="nutty nigel"]

A happy pill????

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ahhhhhhhh!! Now I see the problem...

I have never found the need to ring the 0844 number. Remind me to tip a bottle of "common sense pills" in your pint next time....

[I] [B] [;)]

[/quote]Save your money Nutty. My OH''s had me on those for decades but all to no avail ( or so she says )......[;)]