Sign in to follow this  
AJ

WBA vs NCFC Match Thread

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Very poor and looking like a team doomed for the drop. Passing poor, no penetration up front and no inspiration showing anywhere.[/quote]A goal, a clean sheet and 3 points though [:D][:D]Hope you''re not that premature when you have sex [;)][/quote]That post was at half time and i don''t stop for a 15 minute break when having sex so as not to disappoint. 90 minutes every time for me. [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Very poor and looking like a team doomed for the drop. Passing poor, no penetration up front and no inspiration showing anywhere.[/quote]A goal, a clean sheet and 3 points though [:D][:D]Hope you''re not that premature when you have sex [;)][/quote]That post was at half time and i don''t stop for a 15 minute break when having sex so as not to disappoint. 90 minutes every time for me. [;)][/quote]but how long after you''ve climbed on[:D]

Phew! Just what we needed! A scrappy, hard earned 3 points with a bit of luck thrown in! We really need to build on these last 2 results. The next 3 games are arguably the biggest in our recent history! 3 wins and we might be able to start dusting off the beach towels!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]That post was at half time and i don''t stop for a 15 minute break when having sex so as not to disappoint. 90 minutes every time for me. [;)][/quote]But do you manage to keep a clean sheet [:D]

Just got back from the match as i only live in Staffordshire.Good solid performance and the three points were vital.Klose, O''Neil, Olsson and Howson I thought were outstanding but every player did their bit and played their part.Have to say though if i watched WBA play like that every week i would want my money back. They are so limited in what they do.

Just back from the game and finished my 2nd glass of red...

WBA have Rodin who''s scored plenty recently and Berahino is highly rated. Thought they looked lively but our defence had them well contained.

A couple of nervy moments in the first half - Ruddy poor kuck out that the attacker intercepted but was closed down and the pass across - didn''t see who played it - which gave the attacker a. run on goal but he blew it and shot well wide. Plus of course you he corner when Ruddy could only palm it away and from th follow up the shot hit the outside of the post.

We got better as the half went on - Mbokani was outstanding at holding it up IMO, foulded almost every time he got the ball and a through ball to him that led to the goal. Bamford also excellent at playing off him, more effective than Naismith when he replaced him IMO.

Klose is looking the real deal in defence, and borhBennett and Basso are looking better next to him. Klose the leader we''ve needed. You could see at the end how much this matters to him. And credit to ONeill and Howson for stepping up with Tettey out.

Generally we had players in their natural positions today and it showed. Jarvis did well on the right I thought and RMand Olsson did very well at fullback.

Pressure now on the NE teams for tomorrow!

Home fans pretty quiet except for a small number around their irritating drum!

Can''t agree about Bamford. He''s playing exactly as I expected - good skill, intelligent, takes up good positions - but he doesn''t have the presence or ''snap'' to cut it at this level.

Thought the whole team was terrific though. One or 2 nervy mistakes (Ruddy! O''Neil!) but we looked determined not to be unsettled & play through it. I think Klose brings such reassurance to the defence; he''s coming good just at the crucial time. As long as we don''t get complacent I think we''ll be fine.

Just got back and don''t recognise the same game from some of the comments on here O''Neill was fantastic (again), thought Mbokani was ineffectual first half but much better in the second.

JB, I realise the idea of complacency may seem ridiculous, but I think it''s one of our besetting sins. There''ve been so many games, particularly earlier in the season, when we''ve played long periods of excellent football, completely dominating teams, that the inevitable hubris - ate - nemesis cycle kicks in, somebody cocks up & we''ve snatched defeat from the jaws of victory (again). Please God we''ve finally learnt our lesson.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]That post was at half time and i don''t stop for a 15 minute break when having sex so as not to disappoint. 90 minutes every time for me. [;)][/quote]Pfft!  Last time you tried it you ended up in intensive care. [:D]