Sign in to follow this  
AJ

WBA vs NCFC Match Thread

Hi all,

Another Saturday, another away trip. Can we muster 3 points today? Direly in need of them that is for sure!

We already know that Tettey and Redmond are out, and Bennett is a doubt. So, today''s line up is;

Ruddy; Martin (c), Klose, Bassong, Olsson; Jarvis, Howson, O''Neil, Brady; Bamford; Mbokani

I''d hazard a guess that is;

Ruddy

Martin Klose Bassong Olsson

Jarvis Howson O''Neil Brady

Bamford Mbokani

Possible 4-4-2? The return of the Diamond? or 4-3-3 with Bamford and Jarvis on the wings?

Confewzin''

I looked at the clock and then thought that that was the actual side today.

You might be right though.

A bit unfair on Wes, but I like two up front. Jarvis needs to get involved and be the player he seemed at first.

BBC reckon we''re going with 4-4-2.

Maybe AN''s been watching a bit of Mike Bassett!

Looks like you''re right Al, hopefully it''ll work!

Pretty even at the moment. No-one really standing out. Prob Howson and O''Neil look comfortable in front of the back four. Only down side is Ruddy''s distribution which is awful.

Following on twitter from America, which is just awful!Sounding very ponderous and a bit non effective so far, seeing comments that Jarvis really not looking the same player since his injury.We really, really need something from this.

1st half - not too many chances created and a pretty even contest (no shots on target). Best of the bunch for me have been Howson and Mbokani although the back four have not given too much away.

I think we''ve been quite good, Bamford with Mbokani has looked promising in my opinion. However, despite having a fair amount of the ball around the box we haven''t threatened too much, both Brady and Jarvis have been missing that final quality ball.

This match is certainly for the taking.

Pretty tight game, but promise from the Bam/Mbok partnership with both showing some nice touches. Apart from a dodgy pass O''Neil has been great again. We''ve been lucky with some potentially devastating mistakes not being punished. 

Ref not being too helpful, although I think he''s right to let a few things go. I''d be tempted to bring of Bamford for Naismith, I think we need someone who''s going to get in and around Mbokani, and maybe run beyond him

Not sure what high standards people were expecting, we are bottom 3 remember. With that in mind we did well, the front two look comfortable, both full backs are linking well with the players in front of them, no real threats on our goal. A satisfactory first half.

Not really sure what our game plan is, but I''d like it to include more shooting on target...

Very poor and looking like a team doomed for the drop. Passing poor, no penetration up front and no inspiration showing anywhere.