Sign in to follow this  
Fiery Zac

Klose

Awesome again today. Reads the game superbly which compensates for his lack of pace. Wins everything in the air and decent playing out from the back. Class.

I''ve criticised him in the past but he looks like he''s settling in nicely now..

Good job!

Certainly looks worth the money, just hope we do enough so he can play premier league football next year as well as he certainly looks good enough to belong there

[quote user="STAN"]I''ve criticised him in the past but he looks like he''s settling in nicely now..

Good job![/quote]

Lol ''in the past'' - he''s only been here 5 minutes! Great signing 👍

Klose is getting used to the pace of the Premiership......An absolute asset for the run in.....Very well played today......and Seb did good also......

He really has shown his class in the last couple of games! We look so much more secure at the back with him there! Don''t think WBA had a shot on target all game. Continue like this and we''ll be OK.

He is becoming superb. Looks like a top half PL defender, spreads calm & confidence through the whole defence.

The whole back four looked absolutely resolute today, the only player giving me palpitations was JR with that 11th minute " pass" (!). Fortunately (for my health) he settled down comfortably thereafter.

OTBC!!!

Looks a cut above. Shame we didn''t have him in August but hopefully more results like today and it won''t be too late.

Special mention to Ruddy and Bassong as well. Ruddy looked so assured today, was like having the old pre injury Ruddy back. Bassong was pretty much flawless. Only once did Rondon get the wrong side of him and he was offside anyway.

[quote user="ball bag"]Class act, going to be of the prems best.[/quote]

You laugh but if you look at the calibre of defenders we missed out on there''s Alderwiereld who now is arguably the prems best, Koulibaly who is linked with £30m moves after a strong season at Napoli, seems we weren''t prepared to settle with a B-lister. Klose has A-lister quality all over!

Klose was immense today, as he was last week and was the best of a bad bunch at Swansea too. Like in any job, it takes time to settle in and after a shaky start really lookes the composed, resolute and assured CB we''ve been crying out for . If we could just get it right at the other end, we''l have a great chance of getting out of this. Mbokani put in a shift today, worked tirelessly but how many chances did he actually have? There lies the problem.

One streaky goal will do fine for today Spillay.

The important thing for me is the two clean sheets, we do have some creativity in the squad and if we can grow in confidence I''m sure we will create more chances.

It was only 2 or 3 weeks ago that many on here thought Klose barely represented a step-up from what we already had!

Delighted to hear some well-deserved praise for him...

lol

lots on here change with the wind. A few weeks ago many on this thread praising him were saying the opposite ?

Think AN after match interview summed it up '' Many are far to quick to judge ''

I''ve liked the look of Klose from the off, he was always likely to need a wee bit of settling in time; my biggest concern is whether he''ll hang about if we drop back to the Champs - but it''s (hopefully) not going to be an issue if we keep up our recent form

Some previous quotes re Klose. Some made by posters posting on this thread telling us how brilliant he is. No wonder Neill said today people were to quick to judge

A poor man''s Doherty.

Only barely made double figures in each season in the last three. Fee seems too large, nowhere near worth near 10mil. Why spunk money on him and not pay the extra for Afobe?

as Klose seems good on the floor but not so good in the air.

didn''t look too different to our other CB''s.

Bennet is our most competent CB . He is the only one that actually attacks the incoming cross ,, Klose ... I am convinced we are being conned with him .. Worst CB on the books if that is possible ! - love that one lol

Pinto looks dodgy and Klose is up in the air.

Should of spent the lot on Afobi instead of those three , not one of them has improved us . - ( refers to Klose )

Klose has the turning circle of the Titanic. Turned and done today for pace which led to a goal, as he was for Villa''s second last week not forgetting the Liverpool game where it happened yet again. Never mind he cost £8 million so he must be good hey ?

By the way if we are talking about pace..Klose?

after he had left Klose in his trailing wake.

Klose is DEFINITELY not the answer. He''s getting beaten like a mule on the level of Michael Turner, and that''s f''ing horrible.

Looks as much a disaster as RVW.

Too many loose balls from Klose at the back.

Recently, I have seen a lot of people having a go at this guy and saying how much of a waste of money he was. I even saw someone compare him to Gary Doherty! - lol this poster was slated

Klose is one of those scams like Ipswich and Southampton had before now , it will be discovered that he is a chef from Cologne or something , not a professional footballer at all . Imo, a lot of money has been

Klose fell over himself and cost us a goal . The man is a clown , and I horrified that he is playing ahead of Bennet .

going on holiday isn''t going to change him from a shelf filler at Lidl into a premier league footballer

He''s also definitely a traffic cone along the lines of Michael Turner.

Would be good if somebody put as much effort to find positive comments about Klose, (other than today''s) said it before, reminds me of Tony Adams back in the boring Arsenal 1-0 days...

Waching Klose today I couldn''t help think he has the potential to be the best defender we have seen at CR for decades. A lot of course will codependent on our final league position, if we are relegated he could still be deemed an expensive flop despite his performances by some quarters, but should we stay up, then surely he will be hailed the hero that fixed our shambolic back four. That would set him on the path to become a club legend. I can certainly see no other standout contender for captain next season. I was so impressed by the way he controlled the back four today, and his influence on others is remarkable. You can see the other players look upto him. Made me think back to our previous premiership signings. If we stayed up surely he would have to go down as our most influential PL signing to date?

That is two outstanding performances on the trot. Gives us some real quality at the back that we so despartely needed.

As one who was a bit critical of AN''s buys to date I''m very pleased to see him come good and so quickly too

I think it speaks volumes that we could all pick fair holes in Martin/bassong/bennetts performances when 2 from them play together, now when 1 plays alongside klose they Suddenly look far better and much harder to criticise.

Would be my captain next season by a long way he''s a genuine organiser with a calm head and a proper footballer. Don''t think I''ve ever seen him just pump it up the pitch needlessly

Lose is getting better no better.

Just looks class.

It''s no just his play, he appears determined and passionate. Also seems to be the leader we have been looking for, constantly talking to the rest of the players

Not so sure about Bassong yesterday, looked at his most cumbersome and slow early on. Although to be fair by end he made some good blocks and looked committed.