Sign in to follow this  
HampsteadCanary

Organisation and desire

These are the only two things that will keep us in the league. We don''t have as much quality as other teams in the league, having not bought well in the summer apart from Brady. The only things that will help us beat teams with better players than us is to be better organised, with a good plan, and to work as hard as possible.

That means chase everything. If you lose the ball up the pitch, you bloody well chase the guy back to your own box. Because if you don''t, you''ll look lazy and you let your team and your fans down, never mind concede.

I think most of the time our plan has been ok, but there are actually a few teams with less established players than us who have beaten us because they were better organised and worked harder. What made the board think there would be a different end result with the same back five this season than our last season in the prem baffles me though, to be honest...

We aren''t well organised and we lack desire. When we played Bournemouth, their players ran 10km more than ours during the course of the match. On Saturday, Redmond and Pinto were strolling back whilst Sigurdsson was left to score - he even fell over and they still didn''t get back!

Watching us is sadly like watching Villa, there is a distinct lack of desire, which is probably why we''ll be relegated as well.

What''s frustrating is that the 2nd half against Chelsea a week ago was full of passion and desire.

Yet at Swansea on Saturday the only passion coming from anyone in Yellow was from the stands. Particularly galling when you think how important the game was, and how many Norwich fans had made the long journey.

Very true Hampstead. There''s been a noticeable change in the last couple of games and Martin even came out and said so. As you say, keep it up!

Desire has never been an issue, it''s just something that fans throw around as an excuse when things aren''t going our way, pretty much the same as when people were saying Neil had lost the dressing room, it''s the usual rubbish. I haven''t seen a lack of desire in this team all season, I''ve seen them outclassed a few times but never a lack of desire. I also think we played better away at Swansea than we did at WBA, we just got the rub of the green at WBA.

It''s all about not conceding isn''t it, there has been passion there has been commitment and hard fought matches but when you put everything into a game then let in a silly goal the whole thing just crumbles.

You just don''t stay up conceding goals like we have been, but now it''s begining to look a bit different on that front.