Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Magpies v Black Cats.

Couldn''t have gone much better for us that- Newcastle didn''t look good but stole a point, Sunderland sucker punched and Colback suspended for the game against us.

Sunderland are a well organised side, but if we can keep Defoe quiet then it is such a winnable game!

Newcastle have good players but look shot of confidence. Keep it tight at the back (which we didn''t do at St James'') then they are there for the taking too.

It bodes very well for us that both games are at Carrow Road. It''s a long old trip down for them!

Perfect result! Many thanks Mitrovic for finding a late equaliser, Newcastle and Sunderland for not conceding any more goals, and credit to Colback for getting suspended for our game :-)

Given the awful run we''ve had, to bounce back with a draw vs MacC and an away win in perfect, a draw today means points evaporate and neither side gets any momentum out of it. Out of the bottom 3 at the end of the weekend - would definitely have taken that on Friday!

The goal has to be to win both matches, but hopefully we could be in a situation where if we beat Newcastle, a draw against Sunderland and a denial of all 3 points might be enough, especially if we go to palace and drag them into the fight and get something against Watford at home.

Mitrovic is going to get absolutely bossed off the park next week by Klose.

Hopefully start the same team apart from Naismith over Bamford and Bennett over Bassong!

[quote user="ricardo"]CautionIt''s looking better but still some way to go yet.[/quote] Add to the reasons for caution the fact that both Sunderland and Newcastle have a game in hand on us.

Come on Ricardo, loosen those shackles a tad. You can dwell on our situation for nearly a fortnight now.

Anyway, I''ve heard there may be an Armageddon anytime in the next 13 days, so I am going to celebrate a wee bit at the fact that if the World ended before the Newcy game, we are staying up.

Re the games in hand, I think Newcastle''s is against Man City, and Sunderland''s is against Everton?

No definite 3 points there for either of them.

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]Come on Ricardo, loosen those shackles a tad. You can dwell on our situation for nearly a fortnight now.

Anyway, I''ve heard there may be an Armageddon anytime in the next 13 days, so I am going to celebrate a wee bit at the fact that if the World ended before the Newcy game, we are staying up.[/quote]I''m counting no chickens yet CC but I''ll enjoy the next couple of weeks of being out of the bottom three.

[quote user="morty"]Re the games in hand, I think Newcastle''s is against Man City, and Sunderland''s is against Everton?

No definite 3 points there for either of them.[/quote]My father used to say "points on the board are worth more than games in hand".I''ll settle for the two point lead and they can have the game in hand.