Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Sums it up for me

We celebrate a draw at home to Man City. Watford win at the Emirates.

We go to the bridge, lose 1-0 and again, celebrate it. Then bloody Bournemouth (who I absolutely hate, go there and win 1-0).

Didn''t realise till this morning the gap between us and them. Really can''t believe it.

Are our fans easily pleased? Genuinely interested in people''s thoughts.

(No I''m not jealous of them and I won''t go and support them down the road)

can u sit down please wrote the following post at 13/03/2016 5:37 PM:

We go to the bridge, lose 1-0 and again, celebrate it. Then bloody Bournemouth (who I absolutely hate, go there and win 1-0).

Didn''t realise till this morning the gap between us and them. Really can''t believe it.

Are our fans easily pleased? You do come on here after we have lost do you, you surely can''t think our fans are easily pleased.

There''s just a range isn''t there, from those with hugely unrealistic expectations, to those who look at what we''ve got and take a realistic view as to what can can reasonably expect, to those who are just happy that be City fans.

Isn''t it the same everywhere?

What may be different is that perhaps we have a broader fans base in the middle area, where we view our expectations within the context of what we are and what resources we have.

can u sit down please wrote the following post at 13/03/2016 5:37 PM:

Sums it up for me

------------------------------------------------------------------

and I''m certainly not jealous of two time European Cup Winners Nottingham Forest who today sacked their manager, previous European Cup winners Aston Villa, Champions League semi finalists Leeds United, top league winners Ipswich Town, recent FA Cup winners Portsmouth and Wigan Athletic.

I''m happy and satisfied to support a Premiership team with some good players who won a good point yesterday.

The OP makes a valid point as people were saying we had done well to only lose 1-0 to Leicester too!

I even saw somebody put a comment on Facebook of how PROUD they were that we had drawn yesterday! Whilst it was a good performance I hardly think proud is the way to feel, but then we are little old Norwich with the smallest budget in the Prem allegedly!

These comments are why we will always be little old Norwich with our fans having very little aspiration to go onto bigger and better things

I do agree. A lot of people seem pleased when we only lose by a goal or two to a big team yet this is a season when the big clubs aren''t as daunting as they once were.

Baldyboy

I even saw somebody put a comment on Facebook of how PROUD they were that we had drawn yesterday! Whilst it was a good performance I hardly think proud is the way to feel, but then we are little old Norwich with the smallest budget in the Prem allegedly!

If you were at that game yesterday Baldyboy I can''t understand how you could be anything other than proud of the way the guys played.

[8]The other man''s grass is always greenerThe sun shines brighter on the other sideThe other man''s grass is always greenerSome are lucky, some are notJust be thankful for what you''ve got [8]

Wonder if Leicester fans felt the same as the OP (or perhaps even worse) this time last season?!

Baldy even started a thread on this in which he says:

"Good performance from NCFC today so hopefully we can perform like that in the last eight games and perform the great escape.

Well done lads!"

Ignoring my surprise at this event, it seems pedantic to knock fans for being "proud" when starting a thread about how well we played and ending "well done lads".

Still, most people revert to type over time. Leopards, spots, etc.

I think Watford aren''t really a comparison when you look how many signings they''ve made and the money spent etc etc.
Same with Bournemouth but I think they''ve benefitted from having basically no pressure on them. If anything the injuries to their big players dampened expectations moreso and they were more than happy to keep playing the same style all season and when they lost a few - they expected to so no pressure and no need to change.
I also think we''ve been unlucky in some of our games against the big boys. 
To say our fans are easily pleased is evidently not the case - look at this forum for an example.

Baldyboy - Well I was one of the thousands who were proud of the team''s performance yesterday, battled away, defended well, loads of team spirit on show and players like Gary O''Neil who would have given more blood for us if needbe, what was there not to be proud of?

OP, the one thing I''ll agree with is that it''d be great to just for once have a cup run. I looked at palace and watford this week and got incredibly jealous. Why not us? Why never us? I don''t think we have had a decent cup run since the 80''s.

You look at all the sides who have got to a semi final at least once in the last 25 years and there are so many sides, some far smaller than Norwich. I just dont get why we are so horrendous every season in the cups.

The original post conveniently overlooks the 2-1 win at Old Trafford. I also don''t get what point it makes if any.

I think that, as a premiership team, if you don''t want to measure Norwich against Watford or Bournemouth, then you are always going to be in trouble.

I think the opening posters point is clear, i.e. that Norwich supporters, in general, are easily satisfied ... perhaps we should aspire to more?

For me, as a team & individuals we have put in too many poor performances and maybe even one or two disgraceful ones.

But I accept, it is a challenging set of circumstance, if I take Leicester as an example, a resolute and effective (largely) performance, but without the firepower to convert effort in to points.

As fans we can aspire to what we like, but unless we''re in the boardroom or on the pitch there''s not much we can do about it. As a newly promoted team that didn''t significantly strengthen in the summer we were always going to struggle.
I think we can still stay up, but being realistic about our prospects isn''t the same as lacking ambition and there''s nothing wrong with being proud of a point against a team that is third in the league and full of star players.

So, I dont agree with the adjective PROUD! Boo hoo, it is football for Gods sake not life and death, and as I said it was a very good performance but as usual certain posters read more into it because I didnt cream my pants! Maybe if we had shown more of a threat going forward and actually won I would have used a different phrase but hey The BorBIN and his crew have to knock because we dont all think its out of this world!

Ahhhhh! Now I hink I''m beginning to se the point being made...

Did anyone actually say it was out of this world? Or is this just more of making something up about other fans then arguing against it...

You and the OP appear to be cut from that same cloth...

[quote user="Peanuts"]As fans we can aspire to what we like, but unless we''re in the boardroom or on the pitch there''s not much we can do about it. As a newly promoted team that didn''t significantly strengthen in the summer we were always going to struggle.
I think we can still stay up, but being realistic about our prospects isn''t the same as lacking ambition and there''s nothing wrong with being proud of a point against a team that is third in the league and full of star players.
[/quote]^^^This.And nothing wrong with having aspirations, just don''t cry like a baby when they aren''t realised.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]We celebrate a draw at home to Man City. Watford win at the Emirates.

(No I''m not jealous of them and I won''t go and support them down the road)[/quote]

We win at the Hawthorns and Watford lose at home to Stoke.Are our fans pleased, well some are.

BaldyBoy wrote:

''''So, I dont agree with the adjective PROUD! Boo hoo, it is football for Gods sake not life and death, and as I said it was a very good performance but as usual certain posters read more into it because I didnt cream my pants! Maybe if we had shown more of a threat going forward and actually won I would have used a different phrase but hey The BorBIN and his crew have to knock because we dont all think its out of this world! ''''

Is anyone going to bother picking apart the stupidity in this post or have we all just given up hope?

A Load of Squit wrote;

We win at the Hawthorns and Watford lose at home to Stoke.

Are our fans pleased, well some are.

Plus Rotherham won at Poorman Rd...... if Carlsberg did weekends......... Personally, i am proud, delighted, happy and looking forward to the North East Derby s the Mackems and Geordies prepare to kick lumps out of each other, what a weekend, thank you Lord, Sir Alex, uncle David Mc, nephew Tom and Chairman Ed, and anyone else that might or might not know me..... Happy days