Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Under 21's

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]And they ruin it and concede a 90th minute penalty. What is wrong with our football club?[/quote]Nothing.

A very entertaining game.

Was impressed with Reece Hall Johnson who was deservedly Man of the Match. Ebou Adams looks to have lots of energy and a great attitude and Glen Middleton (who''s 16 I think) has got lovely skill on the ball and took his goal really well.

I''ve probably had more ecstatic 6 minute periods in my life if you know what I mean canaryfan.

Don''t tend to get so excited when the Under 21s score as when the first team do - but certainly a very enjoyable 6 minutes!

Another great game and real value for money....

After predicting and watching the U18s recover from  1-4 score last month I suggested the same thing at half-time and 1-3 tonight. Not with the same conviction because it wasn''t against Middlebrough[;)]. But once again the recovery happened and in the end we were disappointed to come away 4-4 because the lads were so close. Some good performances but for me the young Glen Middleton stood out.

I always take my boy to these games, he loves them...

However, for me, despite the ''stand out'' performances of the youngsters, it was worrying to see that all of Dorrans, Wisdom and (to a lesser extent) Mulumbu, looked rather ordinary both alongside and against the youngsters.

The Reading captain certainly fancied himself as a bit of a David Luiz though.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Another great game and real value for money....

[/quote]

'' real value for money '' ........I thought you had a mate in the tcket office and you were treated like Royalty ? [;)]

Muffles, I''m often disappointed by the first team players in these games. I go there to see the youngsters. But I guess if players are fit and not getting a game they need match time. Hopefully the youngsters get the experience through playing beside these players.

Tilly, I don''t know better value for money than free tickets. I guess the most miserable among us could find a negative in that. But in reality nobody knows who pays what because there is an ''opt in'' donation.

Oh, and I don''t have any mates, that''s why I get stuck with you in the Nelson after games...

;)

Free tickets deprive the club of an income stream to add to the player budget but then again we are where we are and adding more quality to the squad does not come into you little old Norwich happy clappers big picture. [:P]

Only just watched the highlights of this. Thought Benny Ashley-Seal looked good from what was shown, and what a cracking penalty that is!

As for the result a shame not to hold out for a win but both were definite penalty''s in my eyes. Cracking entertainment for free.

And well, free tickets do stop the club earning more money, but thankfully people spend the money on refreshments instead so I''m sure the club still make a tidy profit from the U21 games