Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Steven Naismith

"We understand that Norwich attacking midfielder Steven Naismith has a relegation clause in his contract.The Scotland international will be free to leave to clubs paying £6m or more should Norwich fail to maintain Premier League status. This would mean that should Norwich be relegated they could

make a £2m loss on a player they would’ve had for six months.http://readnorwich.com/2016/03/24/norwich-midfielder-has-relegation-clause/?Sounds fair enough to me. We wouldn''t want to be paying his wages in the Championship but is does make you appreciate the likes of Russ and Wes even more.

Doesn''t seem to be trying hard to keep City up. Maybe wants a move as he feels City move was a mistake. Unless he impresses £6m maybe too much and we could be stuck with a sulking prima donna.

can u sit down please wrote the following post at 25/03/2016 1:54 PM:

"It''s 100% true confirmed to me and Gaz t''other week.

It dragged in the summer because we didn''t want him to have one. Then he got his way and we signed him.

I''d want one if I was him too "

Ah the shambles that was he summer window, I remember it well.

Funny the amount of abuse I got when I stated his reluctance to sign for us at the beginning of the window!

Another mistake by the club in the summer to not let him have one? Makes sense, that way we dont get stuck with him ala Wolfswilly

I am not sure why people are surprised about this?It doesn''t mean he is any less committed to Norwich City, this season. Are people actually thinking there is loyalty in football any more?At least he has moved his family down, that shows some commitment.

Another thread that has descended to moaning about other posters former opinions. I suspect these ones are acceptable though. Do as I say and all that...

Samwam27 wrote the following post at 25 Mar 2016 1:58 PM:

£6m+ (if we go down) isn''t bad.

SO far he hasn''t just his £8m+ price tag at all imo

To be fair, he''s not match fit and has some little niggles to this point. He''s exactly what Norwich City needs to build on to. I quite see him or Howson as the next captain.

Making Plans wrote the following post at 25 Mar 2016 4:03 PM:

Well unless he starts performing like a PL player, and should we go down, then £6m looks like a big ask

£6m is the release clause. If it''s not met, he play in the fizzy pop league should relegation come.

[quote user="lappinitup"]
"We understand that Norwich attacking midfielder Steven Naismith has a relegation clause in his contract.The Scotland international will be free to leave to clubs paying £6m or more should Norwich fail to maintain Premier League status. This would mean that should Norwich be relegated they could

make a £2m loss on a player they would’ve had for six months.http://readnorwich.com/2016/03/24/norwich-midfielder-has-relegation-clause/?Sounds fair enough to me. We wouldn''t want to be paying his wages in the Championship but is does make you appreciate the likes of Russ and Wes even more.
[/quote]He''ll come really good in the event of relegation.No one, not even the Championship promoted sides will pay 6 million for his services.I''m hoping he won''t be another case of wasted loot by his aiding us coming up next season.

[quote user="mr footy"]Average prem player who would be good in championship so hopefully keep him if we go down[/quote]That