Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Next seasons strikeforce

With Lafferty on his way out seemingly and Mbokani and Bamford not likely to stay we are potentially going to be left with Jerome and RVW as the only strikers at the club although RVW is likely to go also I think. I would hope whatever division we are in we don''t sleepwalk over the Summer as we did the last time with regards to centre backs. Hopefully our targets are identified and purchased ASAP after the window opens.

[quote user="Baldyboy"]With Lafferty on his way out seemingly and Mbokani and Bamford not likely to stay we are potentially going to be left with Jerome and RVW as the only strikers at the club although RVW is likely to go also I think. I would hope whatever division we are in we don''t sleepwalk over the Summer as we did the last time with regards to centre backs. Hopefully our targets are identified and purchased ASAP after the window opens.[/quote]If we stay up, I''d imagine we will act relatively quickly and try to secure Bamford permanently. I doubt we would retain Mbokani either way, and Neil has probably worked out that Jerome will never score enough goals at this level to justify more than a bit-part role.If we go down, Jerome is well worth keeping as a Championship striker. Doubt we would be able to lure Bamford to play in the Champs again, although his awful few months at Palace might make him keen to be a big star in a successful team. Even in the Champs I can''t see Loza or Morris being a regular part of the squad, so I''m pretty sure we''ll make a good signing by the start of July to reflect what division we will be playing in.

So I make a valid point and yet again ridiculed by the BorBIN! I did enjoy the result but not the game thank you, did you enjoy your defeat to Rotherham Binboy? You are exactly whats wrong with this message board in that when a normal question is asked you go on about it being negative etc. But then you will no doubt be happy with us just having Jerome as a striker wont you BorBIN!

The headline today states that Laffs is on his way out. It seems reasonable to post about our potential paucity of forwards. Did you run it past the forum police before posting?

No, didnt run it past the forum police hence why I am being chastised for it being posted.

And in relation to why Mbokani wont stay because he has already stated he wont ffs! And I am accused of being a "bad" supporter!

Bamford is only on loan too so why should he stay?

Well we are said to be very interested in a striker from Hibernian and a chap who trains staff at MacDonalds so we could be banging them in for fun next season .

[quote user="Baldyboy"]No, didnt run it past the forum police hence why I am being chastised for it being posted. And in relation to why Mbokani wont stay because he has already stated he wont ffs! And I am accused of being a "bad" supporter! Bamford is only on loan too so why should he stay?[/quote]

"Norwich City’s on-loan striker Dieumerci Mbokani has reportedly made it clear he will cut his ties with the Canaries if they lose their Premier League survival battle.

The 30-year-old is on a season-long loan from Ukrainian powerhouses Dinamo Kiev although Norwich have an option to buy the striker who has scored four goals in 22 appearances.

Italian football web site, Tutto Mercato Web, report Mbokani has already indicated to the club’s hierarchy he would be unwilling to drop down to the Championship."

I expect that if you believe that we are already relegated then it makes you a ''bad'' supporter.

I thought the general feeling here re: Mbokani was that were we to stay up, it would be us ''cutting our ties'' with him. I''m still a bit on the fence - he''s done ok but not a lot more than that.

It''s definitely true that our slightly light on numbers strike force will be even lighter if Lafferty goes, not that we seem likely to use him. With two of what''s left being here on loan, we will have not a lot left come the summer should they not hang around.

A huge amount depends on what division we''re in..

If we go down expect a Grabban-esque proven lower league goalscorer.

Hopefully we can finally permanently cut our ties with RVW.

I would like to see Mbokani stay, Bamford signing permanently, Jerome kept as a squad filler, and perhaps 1 more to arrive?

Would you fancy anybody from our relegation rivals? Guestede? Ayew? Defoe? Mitrovic?

Lafferty has never really made it with us, didn''t get in the team much in the Champ and it''s obvious the manager doesn''t want him.

Jerome is superb in the Champ, hasn''t made it in the Prem.  Mbokani from what we hear is on ridiculous wages so I can''t see him staying regardless.  Bamford has looked useful in the brief time we''ve seen him so far, if we go down he''d be an excellent addition, again he''s not established himself in the Prem so could be a possibility.  If he does well and we stay up, definitely would be realistic to get him in permanently.

So it''s not exactly rocket science that we''ll need to bring in a couple of strikers next season, regardless of whether we stay up or not.  If we stay up, we''ll just have to look for a striker in our price bracket who can get 10+ goals a season in the Prem, that should be easy...

People are giving you grief Baldy because all the assumptions you are making in your opinion, are negative ones.Again.

[quote user="STAN"]Would you fancy anybody from our relegation rivals? Guestede? Ayew? Defoe? Mitrovic?[/quote]

Pugh, Pugh, Barney, McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grub.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="STAN"]Would you fancy anybody from our relegation rivals? Guestede? Ayew? Defoe? Mitrovic?[/quote]

Pugh, Pugh, Barney, McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grub.

[/quote]Ahhhh so Baldy assumes they would keep their strikers, but ours would want away.(The lad Cuthbert looks useful, by the way, TCC)

I''d like to think we could persuade him to move here but if an offer comes in from Chigley we may miss out.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

I''d like to think we could persuade him to move here but if an offer comes in from Chigley we may miss out.

[/quote][:D]

Lafferty''s move to SW is only a loan, though; right? He would still be one of our contracted strikers come the summer unless we decide to shift him on more permanently (so not necessarily as light on numbers as indicated in the OP).

That said, given that he didn''t even feature for us much in the Championship, I agree with the overall point that our striking department is likely to need some surgery whichever division we find ourselves in next season.

The only thing I find a bit strange is if we go down.

It will cost us more than the £3m we got for hooper to get a player of that calibre.

For me he''s def one that got away. I don''t buy into the lafferty thing.

Hooper though, bloody great finisher and I think he would''ve got goals with a decent partner.

I half wonder if we might see Jerome move on if we were to stay up, can remember there was a bit of interest from the top end of the championship clubs and he''s blown hot and cold for us really. Certainly can''t have him as our main striker, though happily keep him as a squad player.

I''d have Defoe in a heart beat if we did stay up, but also would be happy to see Bamford arrive... I think a full preseason and a run of games and he''d be amongst the goals if he had the right partner.

I think my other hope would be that Naismith will have shaken off the injury he joined us with, it''s held him back after that explosive debut.

Would be surprised if any strikers survive if we stay up. The budget we will have plus the fact none of them look like hitting double figures in a PL season makes me want to see the club invest in 3 new forwards.

Possibly keep Jerome as 4th striker, but would want to see some real menace added to the front line, pace and power. It will cost but we need to unearth a Bony or a Benteke like Swansea and Villa did respectively.

I read somewhere (= I can''t be arsed to check) that Mbokani was on something like  £75K a week. Obviously we''re not paying all that this season but how does that work? Dynamo Kiev presumably would rather pay less of that and not have him, a parallel to what we did with RVW?And although he''s done reasonably well, he''s definitely not worth that much a week, even if we paid nothing for him, so I can''t see him here next year, no matter what. Unless the £75K/week is nonsense?

if we do stay up mbokani hasnt shown anything to justify a permanent move, bamford is young and has potential but probably not worth what chelsea are likely to want for himjerome will still be a good back up but you have to ask if he will want to hang around to do that, hes not getting any youngerwe need two new quality strikers at minimum, and they dont come cheap, and tbh neils choices this season havnt exactly set the world alight, which might of course have more to do with the head of recruitment and scouting team than anything