Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

3 more points for Newcastle ...

in the next 5 matches - AND they''re not against us! :

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/03/26/one-win-predicting-newcastles-next-five-premier-league-games/?

Looks quite feasible & very promising; they should beat Villa & (probably) Palace, but that still only gives them 34 points.

Many a slip. But still.

with a game in hand for them its silly to predict anything, as the sky sports ''experts'' found out. They said before the last game that we would not win a single game and would only accumulate 3 more points for the rest of the season through draws - we won the first game after this prediction v west brom.

True mrs. m, I always say football is extremely unpredictable, it''s part of its fascination.

Hadn''t realised how difficult their next few games are though. of course we''ve got to beat them first ...

I wouldn''t say their run in is that hard compared to any other teams tbh.

They have:

us (6-2)

Southampton (which we''ve beaten and they could as well)

Swansea at home (think they''ll win that one)

Man C (loss)

Liverpool (loss probably but Liverpool are unpredictable)

Palace (could easily win as Palace are just as bad atm)

Villa (win)

Spurs (loss)

I think if you look at games they could potentially get results from I''d say they could get 12-13 points:

w

w

l

l (though could well get a result)

w

w

l

They are unlikely to get these results but am just stating the games in who they could get something out of.

Compared to us:

Newcastle (w)

Palace (w)

Sunderland (w)

Arsenal (l)

Man U (l)

Watford (w)

Everton (d)

I know we have beaten Man U already this season but I''m going on probability of each game and if we have much of a chance of winning. I''d say that by looking at each game individually we realistically can hope to get 13 points.....we won''t but I think it''s the most we can hope for; just like Newcastle.

Basically, we need to get at least 5 points, 4 if we''re lucky in the next 3 games or we''re done for (imo).

I''m a bit concerned the two week break won''t have done us any favours,without looking it up we seem to have been followed up a really good performance with a real no show after an international break,but hopefully this one will be different.

Well, talking to Newcastle fans and looking on their forums, they seem to think they will just have to turn up to beat us.

They had written us off before last weekend and the fact that we have had several players on international duty this week and they haven''t seems to be convincing them that they are a better team (kind of Ipswich thinking there). Benitez will have sorted them out and they will stroll to a win by at least two goals.

It may happen of course, Because obviously all our players are just going to lay down and let Newcastle walk all over us. And we don''t really belong in the PL anyway.

In the words of a former manager of theirs, "I would love it, really love it......" if we beat these cocky Geordies and help to send them down.