Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Declan's future

http://readnorwich.com/2016/03/27/rudd-set-to-consider-future-at-norwich/?

What do we think? I tend to agree with this assessment. I think perhaps his misjudgment when timing runs to close down the opposition have made Alex drop him, but I still think he has been unlucky in being behind the worst performing defence we''ve had this season. Even so, if not Rudd, we need a better keeper than Ruddy.

I think AN played it spot on in terms of dropping Rudd.

Imo he should''ve dropped J Ruddy much earlier because he looked shot of any confidence. Although Rudd did make some good saves and didn''t lose his concentration unlike J Ruddy did, in terms of shot stopping Dec Rudd was woeful and is a large part of the reason for why we let so many goals in in his short time playing here this season.

He doesn''t fill the goal as he makes himself too small as well as going down too easily in one-on-one situations leaving it easy for the opposing striker to have a large target to aim at - that doesn''t help, especially as he''s wearing fluorescent pink.

It was the right decision to drop him as Ruddy has come back much stronger; he''s still not the player he was before his injury, but he''s the best we''ve got atm.

If we stay up, the main position we need to get certainly includes a GK (and obviously a striker..and the rest)

This article seems to have been written by a 12 year old whilst on his Easter holidays! I gave up half way through (really I did!), maybe I missed the direct quotes from ''our Declan'' stating his displeasure, but I doubt it?

I doubt many of us would argue when Ruddy was dropped, he was clearly suffering with a lack of form/confidence and it was correct of AN to drop him. Declan came in and for the first couple of games did well but then you could also see his form start to drop. He really needs to work on his distribution when kicking, very much like Rob Green needed to when he was here. Green has improved in that department, time will tell if ''our Declan'' will.

To say he is considering his future here IMO is just boll@x! The lad is part of a Premier league team, travels and participates at the best grounds in this country and is becoming a key player in a Premier League team! Sorry, but that article, not only was it badly written, it was a load of BS!

Well that''s what I think anyway!

OTBC

Definitely either Declan''s agent or his mum.

Another case of an armchair football manager thinking stats count for more than experience on and off the field (aka Pink Un syndrome).

It looks like a site set up by some young lads with good intentions. Most of the articles coming thick and fast are by a Daniel Emery. There is also a section for anybody to submit a written piece. Certainly a step up from James Kent though. [:|]

I agree with Ron manager, a very juvenille piece of writing.

The blogger''s speculation about Rudd ''considering his future'' was obviously just that - pure speculation.

I still feel he was a tad unlucky to be replaced however. I suspect with our now improved defending he wouldn''t have been panicked so much. Ruddy makes me nervous every match; he always seems to make at least one ricket a game. Against WBA there was a mix up between him & the defence right at the start, & his ''pass'' in the 11th minute had my heart in my mouth.

All players make mistakes, but goalie''s are the most critical, & you need a player who will keep them to an absolute minimum.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Definitely either Declan''s agent or his mum.

Another case of an armchair football manager thinking stats count for more than experience on and off the field (aka Pink Un syndrome).[/quote]Checked the writer out on Twitter and Facebook and he is 18 and has spewed out 118 pieces of bilge for the website this month alone and 1179 in under 2 years. It`s not about the writing it`s about the number of clicks for advertising revenue.One more "writer" and one more website for the ignore list.

The fact that the person who wrote that article writes alot of articles for read southampton tells you something. Probably watches as many norwich games as he does Southampton.

I would imagine every player considers their future. I cannot see how dropping a player would improve their confidence.

When Rudd was playing and keeping clean sheets we all thought it was the best option. Unfortunately he took the blame for performances whe new players were settling in

I think it would be a disaster to lose Rudd. Ruddy is likely to move soon anyway.

[quote user="curious yellow"] Ruddy is likely to move soon anyway.[/quote]What makes you think that as i think he has been very loyal to the club and never rocked the boat when he was dropped or when that '' incident'' happened on Tombland ?

[quote user="Molly Windley"][quote user="Nuff Said"]Definitely either Declan''s agent or his mum.

Another case of an armchair football manager thinking stats count for more than experience on and off the field (aka Pink Un syndrome).[/quote]Checked the writer out on Twitter and Facebook and he is 18 and has spewed out 118 pieces of bilge for the website this month alone and 1179 in under 2 years. It`s not about the writing it`s about the number of clicks for advertising revenue.One more "writer" and one more website for the ignore list.

[/quote]

Christ someone needs to get a girlfriend.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="curious yellow"] Ruddy is likely to move soon anyway.[/quote]What makes you think that as i think he has been very loyal to the club and never rocked the boat when he was dropped or when that '' incident'' happened on Tombland ?[/quote]

His career seems to be going in the wrong direction and he has been left out of the England squad in favour of a keeper from the Championship.

Now he has been dropped at Norwich this season and must realise the potential of his understudy.

From what I can see his contract ends next year so I feel he might want to try somewhere else- or we might want to cash in.

I think the goalkeeping department needs strengthening. Depending on what division will depend on who that will be. Seen that Dan Bentley of Southend a couple of time s and he looks very good and has been linked to a number of clubs. But if we stay up maybe we could push the boat put and get someone else.

I''ve had it up to here with these tinpot pre-teen ''writers''. They''re all over Twitter. "Editor-in-chief" - do me a favour.

I remember one line from an article that read something like this:

"I sincerely believe that the hiring of Chris Hughton had a lot to do with Paul Lambert leaving"

The trouble is, all these articles offer about the same level of analysis.

Welcome to 2016, the year 16 year olds actually think writing an opinion piece on why Hoolahan isn''t great on the left is cutting edge journalism.