Sign in to follow this  
Bobert

What's iz name at Man United?

The England Manager does not want us to forget that guy at Man United who was the England captain . Apart from the fact he used to play for Everton, and had a hair transplant can anyone remember remember who he is talking about?

I have thought for a while now that England play better without wazzizname. They certainly looked lively the other night, no histrionics from whoizzi, no demanding the ball when he isnt in the right place to have the maximum effect.

Leave him behind , i say. No, not Fellaini.

I''d still take him - he can be relied on to get sent off at a crucial moment, thereby dashing our lingering hopes of progressing in the Tournament.

The mob need a scapegoat (see threads about most City players over the last ten years).

But now he''s not fit, getting slower, Balder, fatter and doesn''t have the temperament to be captain, apart from that, he''s wonderful.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]But now he''s not fit, getting slower, Balder, fatter and doesn''t have the temperament to be captain, apart from that, he''s wonderful.[/quote]
I really, really don''t think that''s the case anymore, and hasn''t been for a while.

Rooney has been unfortunate that he came along at a bad time for English football. In his prime there''s not really been anybody else around him. The core of the team with Hart/Terry/Lampard/Rooney was good, but sadly the rest of the squad was made up of numerous fringe players that never looked like world beaters.

Now we''re at the cross-roads of being on the verge of having a good squad coming towards their prime together. Butland, Forster, Stones, Rose, Dier, Ali, Barkley, Kane all look like players who will become gold. Rooney is still a key part of the England squad as captain, for guidance, experience and ability with have nobody better to captain our nation. Let''s remember a large number of those players are still relatively young. That said, he should only start games if he earns it - but I''d take him regardless for being such a big asset off the pitch as well as on it. I would imagine the next world cup might well be his last though of course.